Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Another player gone. I know he was more of a backup but we need help. Really can’t blame players for leaving, especially if they truly have Super Bowl aspirations. Players are not enamored by the Dallas Cowboys like they were in the past.
If I were a player I might be concerned about the Dak Prescott rape allegations. I might be asking how many games Dak might miss. Might he be suspended? have the rules changed since Zeke's suspension?

Then there's who will play LT and even RT? Who will be the C? If I'm an RB I need blocking. If I'm a WR I need a QB to get me the ball.

The Dak situation might be playing a role. It might not be Jerry not trying, it might be players saying no thanks unless you pay a premium and Jerry doesn't want to pay a premium.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
18cc0ab1f7821678b2f82ceccdf0ab4b.jpg
I guess we are “ all in” with this signing!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a bad move. He's older, which is why I'm not super excited but he does know Zimmer's scheme inside and out and there is something pleasing about pilfering a guy the Niners wanted and thought they had wrapped up.

He's coming off a decent yr. Nearly 120 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 9 TFL's and 6 passes defensed. He played fairly well against us last yr as I recall too.

He'll help, but he can't be the only move at LB. I think drafting one or signing another modestly priced vet is a must (maybe both)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If I were a player I might be concerned about the Dak Prescott rape allegations. I might be asking how many games Dak might miss. Might he be suspended? have the rules changed since Zeke's suspension?

Then there's who will play LT and even RT? Who will be the C? If I'm an RB I need blocking. If I'm a WR I need a QB to get me the ball.

The Dak situation might be playing a role. It might not be Jerry not trying, it might be players saying no thanks unless you pay a premium and Jerry doesn't want to pay a premium.
I think for most players, it comes down to money to be honest.

And it's not like the difference between picking a team that has Mahomes at QB v Joe Nobody. Prescott is not a Mahomes.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's part of any standard investigation into claims like this, but I would think police would be very interested in understanding why it took around 7yrs for her to get around to reporting it.

On Prescott's side, he probably has text and phone call logs from her that may prove she was insisting on money coming her way.

That said, one thing I am very curious to see is when the Cowboys actually knew about this. Prescott's current deal was signed in 2021 and part of that deal was him and his agent insisting there be no contract offset language in there for personal conduct, as was the case with virtually every contract the Cowboys have done for years (and was the rationale for why Gregory backed out of his deal with us and went to Denver). If Dallas was aware of this potential sexual assault thing, I would think there's no way in hell they'd have agreed to leaving that out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What a complete fucking pair of morons Spawn and his daddy are.

Spawn did an interview and it's as close to a bunch of total nonsense as one can get.

Its obvious they had no plan or ever intended to have one.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think for most players, it comes down to money to be honest.

And it's not like the difference between picking a team that has Mahomes at QB v Joe Nobody. Prescott is not a Mahomes.
Yes, but if Prescott can't play because he is suspended then that would matter, especially if Jerry is unwilling to pay a premium. I'm sure agents are at least broaching the subject when talking to their client.

"If you sign with them and Dak is suspended for a year, your stats are going to shit and then I can't get you another big contract".

I think that it's at least a thought in the decision making process.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's part of any standard investigation into claims like this, but I would think police would be very interested in understanding why it took around 7yrs for her to get around to reporting it.

This is why the accusations ring hollow, at least to me. These money grubbers do a diservice to women who were sexually assaulted.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The Cowboys were heavily linked. Slim pickings at RB now.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Dak Prescott's accuser, Victoria, and her attorneys along with Dak Prescott's attorneys all spoke with WFAA on the ongoing sexual assault lawsuit. These are all of their extended interviews.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Cowboys were heavily linked. Slim pickings at RB now.

Not for anything, but I used to draft him when I did my mocks. Jacobs and Dillon. Two big boys in the backfield for them.

I've done a ton of mocks. A ton of trying to trade back to get more picks. I still can't fill all our needs. UDFAs will be important. The second wave of free agency will be critical.

Here's my latest mock. I traded back with the Skins. I still got a first round rated player. Number 20 on the board and I picked up a first round pick for next year.

The idea behind my selection of a guard in RD 2 is that I had no good choices for OT. If he hits then the idea is to move Tyler to OT.

I didn't solve the C problem. I'm hoping Hoffman or even TJ Bass can play there full time.

Maybe Connor Williams comes back and plays Center. He's rehabbing and in no hurry to sign.

Laumea is a flyer. Maybe he can play center too. Good size and strength.

36. Johnny Newton DT Illinois
56. Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State
67. Jonathon Brooks RB Texas
174. Aaron Casey LB Indiana
216. Marist Liufau LB Notre Dame
233. Sataoa Laumea OG Utah
244. Demani Richardson S Texas A&M

2025 WAS 1st

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
It'll be Zeke, at this point I'm fairly certain of it.
You may be correct. But I hope nor!

No, it won't
I HOPE your right! Inconsistency & frequent turnover on the offensive line created new career-lows for Elliott, only 642 yards & 3.5 a carry last season. They paid him huge $ one time, yet they let Henry & Jones slip through their fingers in FA.

How's that even make sense when they're in dyer need of a good RB?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom