Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Lance is infinitely more talented than these guys
Yeah, for another team because he won't be here. We're helping to develop him for someone else.

Besides, Lance is also infinitely more talented than Brock Purdy, but which QB is better? He's probably infinitely more talented than Tom Brady was too.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pollard got essentially the same 3yr/24 mils deal that Swift got with Chicago.
Seems reasonable by today's standards. The cap going up doesn't mean that teams have more money to sign more players, it means players can ask for more money.

I'm just glad that Jerry is all-in.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
The Cowboys killer is officially a FA. Jerry needs to sign Jones or Henry. At least for a one-year deal.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
Depressing, to say the least.

Somehow, yes, Prescott is a loser on Monday. And not because he didn’t get an extension to give him $240 million over the next four years, but because his avenue to success is starting to narrow. The Dallas Cowboys could have created myriad cap space by extending Prescott, who is entering the final year of his deal with a $59.4 million cap hit.

Instead, owner Jerry Jones did nothing in that regard, and then watched center Tyler Biadasz, running back Tony Pollard and edge rusher Dorance Armstrong all agree to terms elsewhere. The same is likely going to happen for left tackle Tyron Smith in short order. With the rest of the NFC East in flux, the Cowboys could have shrunk Prescott’s cap number, retained a few key players and even added to the roster.

Instead, the Dallas team that was trounced in the wild-card round by the Packers is now weaker, and Prescott has to play for a new deal with a worsening hand.
Resource:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, for another team because he won't be here. We're helping to develop him for someone else.

Besides, Lance is also infinitely more talented than Brock Purdy, but which QB is better? He's probably infinitely more talented than Tom Brady was too.
Purdy in all likelihood never sees the field unless Lance (and Garropolo too) got hurt. Many of you keep conveniently forgetting that.

Nobody has any idea how that would have played out had Lance stayed healthy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Depressing, to say the least.

Somehow, yes, Prescott is a loser on Monday. And not because he didn’t get an extension to give him $240 million over the next four years, but because his avenue to success is starting to narrow. The Dallas Cowboys could have created myriad cap space by extending Prescott, who is entering the final year of his deal with a $59.4 million cap hit.

Instead, owner Jerry Jones did nothing in that regard, and then watched center Tyler Biadasz, running back Tony Pollard and edge rusher Dorance Armstrong all agree to terms elsewhere. The same is likely going to happen for left tackle Tyron Smith in short order. With the rest of the NFC East in flux, the Cowboys could have shrunk Prescott’s cap number, retained a few key players and even added to the roster.

Instead, the Dallas team that was trounced in the wild-card round by the Packers is now weaker, and Prescott has to play for a new deal with a worsening hand.
Resource:
Eventually people will get it. Prescott is the problem, not the solution.

Even when surrounded by a lot of talent, he has failed to move this team deep into the playoffs, and when we lose he has been a major contributor to why. He played like total shit in the last 3 playoff losses, 2 of which were at home and when we were favored.

As critical and cynical as I was yesterday, if somehow I found out that what happened was due to the fact the front office now understands they have to move on from Prescott, I'd actually give them props for what they did. Now I know they arnt that smart and this is probably just a pipedream, but if that is the rationale then good for them.

Prescott in no way, shape or form deserves to reset the QB market, let alone become the top paid player in the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
While what we have going on here is a total debacle, it actually could be worse.

We could be Carolina Panther fans, who have seemed to have locked up #1 faraway as the most mismanaged franchise in the league. The owner is the ultimate meddler, overruled his entire scouting department and handpicked coaching staff in regards to making a horrendous trade for a midget QB with almost no arm talent. And he does that despite them unanimously wanting the guy who went to Houston, and had one of the greatest rookie seasons in NFL history for a QB, and won a playoff game for them. Then when said QB looked like a complete bust, he abruptly fires a respected HC and QB developer in Frank Reich to scapegoat him (not even 1 yr into his stay). The owner also shot down a mega trade offer for the team's best player, turning down two first round picks and a second for Brian Burns, only to flip-flop a year later+ later and ship the same star player away for fucking peanuts, a 2nd and 5th rd pick (and not even in the same draft). He included their best offensive player in one of the worst draft trades ever (DJ Moore) to get the midget QB. Then this yr oversaw a clown show HC hiring process and ended up with a coach nobody else would want, only because he can tell the guy what to do.

That team is a dumpster fire and there is no hope for them for years to come.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it’s the morning after and most of the RB’s have moved on to another team.

It looks like the best of the rest that are still available are Derrick Henry and the recently released in the middle of the night Joe Mixon

I wouldn’t mind either one.

Jacob’s to GB, Jones to MN, Barkley to Philly, Pollard to TN, Swift to CHI, Ekeler to WA.

It was a big day for RB”s

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jacob’s to GB, Jones to MN, Barkley to Philly, Pollard to TN, Swift to CHI, Ekeler to WA.

It was a big day for RB”s
Cant say I'm all that excited about Henry or Mixon, both give me the Eddie George vibes. I think both are close to done and neither are worth any sort of significant investment. I guess if one of them is signed to combine with a day two or three RB in tandem I'd be ok with it.

In terms of the day for RB's, I heard more than a couple of the pundits say this was more of an indictment on the RB's in the draft than it being a great RB haul in FA. I really am not buying it though as it's been proven so many times now that you can plug and play RB's and the "new" trend of chrning RB's and paying them little is the way to go.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
So done with Dak. Time to start over at QB. I know we may take our lumps but we are going nowhere with Dak at QB. Take the cap hit and move on. Doesn’t matter anyway because this team is going nowhere as currently constructed. We would be better off loading up on our roster and going with a rookie deal at QB. We are hamstrung with Dak folding under pressure and with his overpriced contract. This is all on JJ. You would think after 28 years of going nowhere he would look in the mirror and do something different. I know this is wishful thinking. Too bad he is going to his grave without the Super Bowl trophy he professes to want so badly. Some ego is okay except when you start tripping over it.

Top Bottom