dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, there is an article on the site. Initially I got excited. But when you read through it and watch the video it becomes clear that isn't really what Jerry said.

Jerry said, in essence, we don't need to extend Dak now if we can't come to an agreement, but that Dak will be a Cowboy. He also states he would have a hard time drafting a QB.

What I got out of it is that if worse comes to worse Jerry would be fine with paying Dak 60+ million this year.

Did I misinterpret? I started to get angry so I started to skim the article, but I did watch the video.
If they don't extend him it's a clear message, that Dak's time is coming to an end here. Might not be this season, but if he doesnt get a new deal then probably anything short of a super bowl appearance probably ends it for him here in Dallas.

Also, Jones and the Cowboys already drafted a QB this yr, it's Trey Lance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If he's back, it's only because basically nobody wants to pay him anything.

He'd be back on a 1 or 2yr deal for very modest money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
icup beat me by seconds on the Pollard post, but only because I was adding value by making comments to the post

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
A season at 12-5 or a season at 5-12 makes no difference to me. At this point the only thing that matters is a Superbowl trophy. That’s it! The problem is nothing has really changed with the exception of hiring Mike Zimmer which may help a little maybe. Extending Dak is a waste of money and will only prolong our 28 year drought in my opinion. He is a good regular season QB not great. He is a good person and good leader. Unfortunately he does not have the”it” factor and will continue to fold when under pressure. We have all seen this over and over. 2024 will be no different. You are fooling yourself if you think Dak is going to be able to carry this team to a superbowl. Personally I would rather take the cap hit in 2024 and draft a QB early regardless of our chances moving forward. Let Dak hit the free agent market and let’s do something different. Regardless of any extension or cap maneuvering we are going nowhere with Dak at the helm. On a different note if Will McClay and crew would have drafted O’Cyress Torrance in the second round last draft we would be much further ahead with our OLine. Looks like we are going to have to draft oline either 1st or 2nd round. In closing, If you are happy with being a one and done team year in and year then Dak is your guy. if you want a real chance at winning a Super Bowl then you have to take chances. Sometimes that means taking a step back before taking a leap forward. Just one fans opinion!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A season at 12-5 or a season at 5-12 makes no difference to me. At this point the only thing that matters is a Superbowl trophy. That’s it! The problem is nothing has really changed with the exception of hiring Mike Zimmer which may help a little maybe. Extending Dak is a waste of money and will only prolong our 28 year drought in my opinion. He is a good regular season QB not great. He is a good person and good leader. Unfortunately he does not have the”it” factor and will continue to fold when under pressure. We have all seen this over and over. 2024 will be no different. You are fooling yourself if you think Dak is going to be able to carry this team to a superbowl. Personally I would rather take the cap hit in 2024 and draft a QB early regardless of our chances moving forward. Let Dak hit the free agent market and let’s do something different. Regardless of any extension or cap maneuvering we are going nowhere with Dak at the helm. On a different note if Will McClay and crew would have drafted O’Cyress Torrance in the second round last draft we would be much further ahead with our OLine. Looks like we are going to have to draft oline either 1st or 2nd round. In closing, If you are happy with being a one and done team year in and year then Dak is your guy. if you want a real chance at winning a Super Bowl then you have to take chances. Sometimes that means taking a step back before taking a leap forward. Just one fans opinion!
Agree with everything except the drafting Torrance thing.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If they don't extend him it's a clear message, that Dak's time is coming to an end here. Might not be this season, but if he doesnt get a new deal then probably anything short of a super bowl appearance probably ends it for him here in Dallas.

Also, Jones and the Cowboys already drafted a QB this yr, it's Trey Lance.
If Dak is not extended and plays every game, are you in favor of paying Lance his 5th year option or extending Lance based on what you know so far?

If you don't see Lance doing it against the first stringers, and while not wearing a red jersey, then how do you know he is worth anything?

I suppose that one could reasonably argue that since Lance has been on the team that Dallas has a better handle on what Lance can be than they do on an unknown like Penix etc. But the DC writers have said Lance is competing for number 2.

Dak has a no trade clause. If they do feel confident in Lance, and Dak is NOT extended, then force Dak's hand on a trade and start Lance now. Dak won't want to sit for a year so he'll accept a trade. Also, given Dak's stats sheet and age, he should fetch 2 number 1 picks. Deshaun Watson, who hasn't seen the field consistently fetched 3, so WTF.

But, unless Jerry is playing the "just because I say it doesn't mean it is true" game, then it doesn't seem like that is remotely possible.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

I think I heard Jerry say in a recent interview that they don't have a culture problem. In fairness, what have the Texans done, but after 30 years of the Cowboys not sniffing the SB, maybe Jerry should rethink how he constantly markets the team to get exposure.

And Jerry wants the NYC media market, but it would be great if Dallas and Houston had a true NFL Rivalry by being in the same division.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Several ex-players agreeing with him.

Jerry and Spawn run a circus show, and that's why we don't win big here.

And they live in a constant state of denial. Both of those idiots were out there at the combine saying there's absolutely no culture issues here.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
gotta imagine that this brings gilmore's price tag down a little, couple that with the fact he seems motivated to stay here

Top Bottom