Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
End of an era if Tyron indeed leaves. One of the GOAT's. Had another outstanding year.

They drafted him in 2011, then hit homeruns on Frederick and Martin in 2013 and 2014. Foundation of a great OL was set for years. Just too bad Fred's career had to end prematurely.
I will remind people again that when evaluating players, the contract DOES matter. This is my biggest problem with Dak Prescott! I read Nick Eatman's response to a question about Dak taking less money to get a better team. Nick wrote, (paraphrasing) "Will CeeDee, will Micah".

What Nick misses is that the QB position is outrageously expensive. And, a guy like Diggs already did. So asking Dak to play for 40 when a guy like MIcah might be playing for ..IDK, ...30...still puts Dak in a more than great position to pay for his mansion.

I was so friggin disappointed to hear Jerry say that even if the best QB in the draft (on their board) were to fall ala Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino style that Jerry would have a hard time drafting him.

Jerry really made it difficult for me to root for the Cowboys. I have long lost my passion for the Cowboys.

I'm not saying Dak is a bad QB, but the contract matters and Jerry saying that, in essence, even if Dan Marino were to fall to them they wouldn't take him is just imbecile speech.

More realistically, we are talking about a Bo NIx, a Penix, or a McCarthy. But would it be impossible to see any of those 3 be just as good or maybe nearly as good as Dak for a lot less money?

Simple rule. If you have not at least gotten to an NFC Championship game you do not get top 10 money for the next contract.

Am I the only one who would have been just as happy with a top 5 pick than a one-and-done playoff? So what did Dak really do? Pad stats!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Would be a major bummer most years, but it appears they may have found another couple UDFA pieces in TJ Bass and Brock Hoffman. They have a great perennial probowler in the making at LG or LT in Tyler Smith. Asim Richards looked like he has some developmental talent last yr in preseason, and this year's draft is loaded across the board on the OL.

If there was ever a year sitting there to potentially have a major reshuffling on the OL, this appears to be it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cant say I want him here as the QB any longer, but congrats to him on becoming a father.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rich Eisen was saying on his show that he heard rumors while he was at the combine that the Vikings are really interested in Trey Lance and that we could possibly flip him for a 3rd or better

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Rich Eisen was saying on his show that he heard rumors while he was at the combine that the Vikings are really interested in Trey Lance and that we could possibly flip him for a 3rd or better
Put me squarely in the "this would be stupid" category. Why trade for him if you don't intend to see what he can do on the field? Now if some screwed up team offered a 1st rd pick, I guess you'd have to take a hard look at that. But to get the guy, never use him and then at best get back a pick that's essentially what you gave up for him, that seems stupid.

It also reeks of "oh maybe we should do this because when we traded for Lance it hurt 4's feelings"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another story today saying the Cowboys will not let Prescott's new deal reset the QB market. They apparently want a new deal, but not one making him the highest paid player in league history (which is what the report says he is asking for)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Monday 3/11 starts the allowed NFL tampering with free agents. Wednesday 3/13 the league year officially starts, and trades and free agents can be made/signed.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Monday 3/11 starts the allowed NFL tampering with free agents. Wednesday 3/13 the league year officially starts, and trades and free agents can be made/signed.

me seeing all these teams make impact free agent signings while the cowboys are going thru another off season shopping at free agent salvation army

1709658288278.png

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Multiple reports now out saying the Cowboys dont intend to give Prescott an extension.
Yes, there is an article on the site. Initially I got excited. But when you read through it and watch the video it becomes clear that isn't really what Jerry said.

Jerry said, in essence, we don't need to extend Dak now if we can't come to an agreement, but that Dak will be a Cowboy. He also states he would have a hard time drafting a QB.

What I got out of it is that if worse comes to worse Jerry would be fine with paying Dak 60+ million this year.

Did I misinterpret? I started to get angry so I started to skim the article, but I did watch the video.

Top Bottom