daboyz

👀
Reaction score
He was supposed to retire last year. Hopefully his brother will retire too. Tired hearing about them!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box and thinking of a longshot. What about Jason Witten. Hey, he won the high school championship $-)

He wouldn’t want to coach a team full of prima-donna pansies

He has too old school of a mindset to deal with this group

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Memo to Jerry, Mayfield aint getting 50-60 mils per yr. Neither should #4

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Take it FWIW but Broaddus is saying this morning that McCarthy is being allowed to present his "plan" to fix things to the Jones' this week.

The fact that one could witness what we did Sunday (and for the other three postseasons) and believe that the person in the building now can come up with a plan to fix anything is just comical.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He wouldn’t want to coach a team full of prima-donna pansies

He has too old school of a mindset to deal with this group
I think he'd be a little like Dan Campbell, but only if Jerry let's him. The group can be cleaned out if Jerry let's him.

But it's a long shot.

No way Belichick would come here if Jerry doesn't let him clean house. Dave camp was a stopgap coach until the salary cap was clean up (people forget that when they talk about 5 wins). So parcells came in with a decent cap outlook.

Sometimes you do need to take a step back to move forward and fans need to realize that with the loss of free agents and with a little cleaning house, even a guy like Belichick might end up with a worse record next year.

But we should be patient and understand that.

I know, I know, it has been 30 years, but even Belichick can't be expected to be a miracle worker. This team has problems. 12-4 is a mirage!

This team got its ass handed to it on a silver platter almost every time it faced a good SB contending team.

McCarthy approached games against the Giants (as one example) that had no QB (for practical purposes) as an opportunity to run up the score and position the team for the "Power rankings" instead of an opportunity to work on run blocking.

It's called complimentary football. No, our offense was not that good. The Giants had to win with defense, so they had to take chances with their defense that had they had any resemblance of an offense they wouldn't have done. They would have played tighter, not taken as many chances.

And no team can rely on getting pick 6s! I am still so angry about the way we lost. How this team is covered. How there is no real critical analysis after a win. It's just "we scored 40...40 BURGER.. woohoo"

This is the sort of analysis I want from our guys like Nick Eatman and company. Not the bullshit mealy mouth crap that they spew.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take it FWIW but Broaddus is saying this morning that McCarthy is being allowed to present his "plan" to fix things to the Jones' this week.

The fact that one could witness what we did Sunday (and for the other three postseasons) and believe that the person in the building now can come up with a plan to fix anything is just comical.

I don't poo poo the plan presentation. I actually think it's a good idea and will help gauge if the team should move on from MM. Having said that, I'd be curious to see what his plans are for the QB position. I'd almost be willing to bet that Jerry weants to hear from a HC or potential HC that they could win with Dak. And that fool will be another coaching casualty of his own making.....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't poo poo the plan presentation. I actually think it's a good idea and will help gauge if the team should move on from MM. Having said that, I'd be curious to see what his plans are for the QB position. I'd almost be willing to bet that Jerry weants to hear from a HC or potential HC that they could win with Dak. And that fool will be another coaching casualty of his own making.....
I see what you're saying, but for me I think the answer is we've seen enough to answer both those questions.

The answers are 1) the right coaches arnt in the building and 2) the right QB probably isnt in the building either, but we do have one that needs to be evaluated and maybe he is at a minimum the bridge to the next long term answer

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

And yet Jerry probably falls for it. Dont think the fans want him back though. That floater the team left on Sunday is never gonna flush.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if by the time Jerry makes a decision on MM all the reputable candidates that are available will have found new gigs. Remember, it took him an age to let go of his beloved Ginger last time round.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Damn! AI is just at its infancy, how will we know the truth in the future?

This almost made me feel sorry for the chump in charge:

Top Bottom