dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Vorhees is there, I think Dallas has to take him. Draft him and stash him. Maybe McKee might be worth a shot as a QB if they think they can clean up his throwing motion.

All the other QBs are a wasted pick, IMO. We might be able to get Duggan as a UDFA.

I've seen Noah Ruggles decently graded. I don't think anyone has drafted him yet. But, I'd wait until round 7 because, again, he might be available as a UDFA. He won't find too many better opportunities to win a starting job than Dallas.
That Tyson Bagent kid from Shepherd is interesting. I do like McKee as well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's some more info on Fehoko, our people were at his proday:

His pro day results:

Size: 6-4 282lbs.
40 time: 4.72
Arms: 33”

Fehoko can be viewed as somewhat of a tweener at 6-4 282 lbs., much like Tuli Tuipulotu was at USC. Also like Tuli, Fehoko could be used some on the edge on run downs, but his pass rush would likely be utilized inside at 3-Tech DT on passing downs.

Here is the PFN write-up from his pro day:

More than 40 scouts were on hand for SJSU’s Pro Day, quite likely a record for the Mountain West program. And most were on hand to see defensive lineman Viliami Fehoko, who did not disappoint. Fehoko tipped the scales at 282 pounds, six more than his weight at the Combine.

He ran in the low 4.7s (4.72 seconds on many watches) and looked outstanding in position drills. He was relentless during defensive line drills, which were run by the Philadelphia Eagles. The Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons had DL coaches on-site as well.

Fehoko measures a shade under 6’4″ and comes with arms that are 33″. He’s one of the most intense defenders you’ll find in this year’s draft class and offers the versatility to be used at a number of spots up front. He projects as a middle-round pick, and Fehoko could sneak into the third round.

Link to the article:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ll-levis-stephen-f-austin-standouts-and-more/

Here is a part of his write up from The Draft Network:

Fehoko plays with a hot motor—he does not stop attacking offensive linemen. Whether versus the run or pass, he plays with a relentless mindset. His hands are and remain active during reps with multiple punches thrown. I appreciate the play strength and physicality he plays with at the point of attack in the run game. He has the physical strength to anchor, stack, and shed blocks on the edges. Fehoko has an understanding of the different run-blocking concepts and how to win against them. He does a good job with his hands defeating zone blocks to remain clean and upright as he flows with the football.

As a pass rusher, his productivity has increased over the last three seasons. Fehoko has multiple hand counters and moves to win. He has an understanding of not overrunning the play and getting out of the quarterback’s reach on outside rushers. Instead, he retraces his steps or spins back inside to catch the quarterback as he attempts to step up in the pocket. There are flashes of a two/double-handed swipe to reduce the hitting surface for the offensive lineman and knock their hands down altogether.

The link for that write-up:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/viliami-fehoko-33536407-d43f-4864-8803-6d52c744c5d9/

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
5th rd pick, OL Asim Richards from North Carolina.

6'4, 310, Starting LT for them but probably moving inside to G for NFL.

McShay had him rated 150th overall and 6th highest rated G, Kiper had him at 14th rated OT but outside his top-150

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
OL Coach Mike Solari interviewed, said Tyler Smith staying at LT.

On Richards, said he could play T or G and said potentially C in the future, but focus will be T/G for now (he played both at UNC)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We finally make a trade and it's for Kiper's 36th rated CB.

Took CB Eric Scott from Southern Miss, has good size but poor speed.

Havent confirmed exactly what we gave up. Looks like from draft board we still have our 6th and 7th, radio says we gave up next years 5th to get the top pick of 6th rd.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Cowboys trade for first pick of sixth round​

COWBOYS RECEIVE:

CHIEFS RECEIVE:

• Round 5, 2024

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They say he ran 4.71 but something must have happened. Maybe he pulled something or was hurt when he ran. Doesnt look like a 4.71 guy on these clips.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
OK apparently he pulled his quad during his 40 run.

His other workout numbers show a pretty explosive athlete. 39 1/2 vertical jump and 11 ft 1 broad jump.

Regarded as very physical player, excellent tackler. PFF graded him and noted he gave up only 184 passing yards for the SEASON, ranked 5th in nation for CB's playing at least 50% of teams snaps.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That Tyson Bagent kid from Shepherd is interesting. I do like McKee as well.
Bagent is interesting. He's a similar type of guy to the kid that ended up with the Patriots. I can't think of his name offhand, but he played here in Houston for Houston Baptist before moving on.

Bagent's OT, who would move to G, is also interesting.

I personally think Rezjohn Wright is an interesting guy. We drafted Nashon and I think Rezjohn is a better rated player.

The only guy that I got close to right in any of my mocks is Schoenmaker. I used to take him in rounds 3 or 4. Every once in a blue moon I'd take Mazi Smith in round 2. Most of the time he wasn't available. I always skipped him in round one because I thought I was passing over too many better players.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
By the way, a pet-peeve of mine is that we cut John Ridgeway, a guy with good size, who could have helped in the running game or at least been a body, to keep Tiny Turpin. It still rubs me the wrong way.

I would never get rid of a guy that I might be able to develop into a starter in favor of a guy who is a special team player and nothing else.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
who i want DAL to draft:
- RB bijan robinson :poop:
- TE michael mayer
- CB joey porter
Don't be surprised if they go after an RB, such as Rijan Robinson. More & more teams are utilizing multiple runners in the backfield to keep everyone fresh. Adding a workhorse back of Robinson’s caliber is too much to pass up.
I knew that'd go after an RB too & thought it would have been Robinson. But Bijan's dad doesn't work for the Cowboys! :p
Don't be surprised if they go after an RB, such as Rijan Robinson. More & more teams are utilizing multiple runners in the backfield to keep everyone fresh. Adding a workhorse back of Robinson’s caliber is too much to pass up.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Suede Vaughn

A midget 5’5 185lb running back?

That’s just what we need for short yardage and goal line runs to replace Zeke

I’m sure he will work out fine

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Suede Vaughn

A midget 5’5 185lb running back?

That’s just what we need for short yardage and goal line runs to replace Zeke

I’m sure he will work out fine
IMHO, there were only about 4 RBs in the draft that I could have reasonable faith in to be better than what is already on the roster. Ronald Jones is probably better than any RB available after round 4. Malik Davis showed some juice.

Deuce is smaller, but a small RB that everyone seems to have forgotten is Joe Morris, who played in NY under Parcells. He was 5'7 and Parcells sometimes used him as a workhorse.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I knew that'd go after an RB too & thought it would have been Robinson. But Bijan's dad doesn't work for the Cowboys! :p

I would have loved seeing Bijan in a Cowboys uniform, but I imagine the cost would have been massive...

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Stetson Bennett and Max Duggan are both in LA in the same stadium. That's kind of cool. I hope that they both make it.

Top Bottom