Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For any of you yahoos that don’t believe nepotism is rear with the Jones….

We needed a short yardage goal line bruiser.

What did we get instead?

a dwarf 5’5 185lb RB just because he is a coaches kid tells you all you need to know.

Just wait till Jeruh’s demon spawn of a grandchild enters the draft

31 other teams will have him listed as an UDFA

But Jeruh will trade his entire draft to move up and make sure he goes #1 overall to the Cowboys!

Yet darn tootin he will

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't exactly know shit about the player we drafted Scot.

He's really short, but he is not small and he has pretty powerful thighs. Massive production even against the best teams Kansas State played. The kid has mad cutting and vision and is a tremendous receiver. He's even good in pass protection despite his limited height.

His dad works for the team as a scout, but had removed himself completely from the draft process in regards to his son. He had no idea the Cowboys would end up taking him.

Vaughn rushed for nearly 3000 yards the past two seasons alone, caught another 91 passes those two seasons and scored 34 touchdowns. This past season he had nearly 300 carries for the season.

I'm not saying he is going to emerge as a #1 RB or anything, but the kid is a damn good football player and a very similar type player from the same school made a great career for himself in the NFL (Darren Sproles)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, a pet-peeve of mine is that we cut John Ridgeway, a guy with good size, who could have helped in the running game or at least been a body, to keep Tiny Turpin. It still rubs me the wrong way.

I would never get rid of a guy that I might be able to develop into a starter in favor of a guy who is a special team player and nothing else.
You can find a John Ridgeway on day three of every single draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Suede Vaughn

A midget 5’5 185lb running back?

That’s just what we need for short yardage and goal line runs to replace Zeke

I’m sure he will work out fine
We signed Ronald Jones and have Malik Davis, who looked damn good every time he got on the field last year.

We still have Pollard and then got an UDFA coup with Hunter Luepke from N Dakota St. Unanimous #1 ranking as best FB in the draft, was extremely successful running and receiving at ND State and is 6'1, 236 lbs. Ran 4.55 and is an outstanding short yardage rusher.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IMHO, there were only about 4 RBs in the draft that I could have reasonable faith in to be better than what is already on the roster. Ronald Jones is probably better than any RB available after round 4. Malik Davis showed some juice.

Deuce is smaller, but a small RB that everyone seems to have forgotten is Joe Morris, who played in NY under Parcells. He was 5'7 and Parcells sometimes used him as a workhorse.
Morris actually WAS the guy for the NYG. He had back to back massive seasons for the Giants in 85 and 86 and added another 1000+ yd season in 1988. His 85 season he scored 21 tds.

He was a tough back and Parcells loved him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont think this is the full list yet but some of our UDFA signings:

- North Dakota State FB Hunter Luepke - per NFL Network

- Mississippi State OLB Tyrus Wheat - per NFL Network, which adds it's a "deal that includes a $20,000 signing bonus plus $185K salary guarantee.''

- West Florida WR David Durden - Dallas News.

- Florida A&M edge Isaiah Land - Dallas News

- Kansas OT Earl Bostick Jr. with $220k guaranteed - NFL Network

- Tennessee TE Princeton (cousin of Seahawks TE Noah Fant - Dallas News

- Fresno State WR Jalen Moreno-Cropper - Dallas News

- Temple WR Jose Barbon - Aaron Wilson

- Oregon OL T.J. Bass - Dallas News

- Liberty OLB Durrell Johnson - NFL Network

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure how many old fucks are here, but some of Luepke's clips along with his size/speed, he reminds me some of John Riggins. I hated the guy because he was a damn Redskin, but he was a great football player.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We signed Ronald Jones and have Malik Davis, who looked damn good every time he got on the field last year.

We still have Pollard and then got an UDFA coup with Hunter Luepke from N Dakota St. Unanimous #1 ranking as best FB in the draft, was extremely successful running and receiving at ND State and is 6'1, 236 lbs. Ran 4.55 and is an outstanding short yardage rusher.

I absolutely love that we picked up FB Hunter Luepke!

I wouldn’t have minded if we had to spend a 6th or 7th round pick just to make sure we got him.

I’m not sure what the knock on this kid is that kept him from getting drafted

I saw some tape on him a few weeks ago and really like this kid. He just finds the hole and finds a way to get himself open. Wide open in a lot of cases too.

Top Bottom