dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Several Cowboy Insiders saying they think its a near lock that the Cowboys pick a TE with their 1st rd pick.

The draft is still 6+ weeks away and things could change a lot but Bobby Belt, Broaddus and Dane Brugler are all saying TE in 1st rd.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its not bad to get a franchise pass catching TE if he falls to them

theres no kyle pitts, but that washington kid is a gronk sized freak

DAL seems to like kincaid, and he doesnt drop ANYTHING. maybe the safety blanket-witten type player. dont know what his blocking looks like or how much he was asked to do it

mayer (?) the notre dame kid is supposedly the best guy from this class but his athletic scores are not good.

the other 2 have good to great combine scores. in the case of washington , i think he set a couple records

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Washington and Mayer are by far the two best blocking TE's in the draft and both are threats as receivers, albeit not as much as some of the smaller "move" type TE's. Washington's elite athletic traits though show that he could be a nightmare for opposing teams in many ways though. Had he not had Brock Bowers on the same team I do believe Washington's numbers would have been a lot better.

Bowers might be the best TE on the planet, college or pro right now.

If they had a TE duo of Washington and Ferguson, that would be pretty good though and I do think the run game would be vastly helped.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i mean if washington is basically a rico geathers with skills, then im all for that

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thinking about how stupid it would be if DAL picked a RB in the 1st or even 2nd round

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
thinking about how stupid it would be if DAL picked a RB in the 1st or even 2nd round
Early in the 1st rd? Probably agree with you.

But where we are drafting? If Bijan Robinson was there (and I don't think he will be) then he definitely makes some sense, as he'd almost assuredly be the BPA by a good bit at that point. He seems to be a complete RB that has size, quick feet, enough speed and outstanding receiving ability to be a carry the load type RB.

But once they franchised Pollard, it probably lessened the likelihood of this happening. Unless they intend to trade Pollard (which I think would be the right move)

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
  1. bryce young, QB
  2. will anderson, EDGE
  3. bijan robinson, RB
  4. tyree wilson, EDGE
  5. jalen carter, DT
  6. devon witherspoon, CB
  7. cj stroud, QB
  8. peter skoronski, OT
  9. jordan addison, WR
  10. anthony richardson, QB
  11. dalton kincaid, TE
  12. will levis, QB
  13. christian gonzalez, CB
  14. lukas van ness, EDGE
  15. joey porter jr, CB
  16. nolan smith, EDGE
  17. darnell wright, OT
  18. paris johnson jr, OT
  19. broderick jones, OT
  20. myles murphy, EDGE
  21. michael mayer, TE
  22. darnell washington, TE
  23. jaxon smith-njigba, WR
  24. zay flowers, WR
  25. will mcdonald iv, EDGE
  26. clijah kancey, DT
  27. keion white, EDGE
  28. deonte banks, CB
  29. quentin johnston, WR
  30. jahmyr gibbs, RB
  31. brian branch, CB
  32. felix anudike-uzomah, EDGE
  33. joe tippmann, IOL
  34. bryan bresee, DT
  35. cody mauch, OT
  36. jalin hyatt, WR
  37. o'cyrus torrence, IOL
  38. emmanuel forbes, CB
  39. mazi smith, DT
  40. kelee ringo, CB
  41. sam laporta, TE
  42. bj ojulari, EDGE
  43. luke musgrave, TE
  44. trenton simpson, LB
  45. steve avila, IOL
  46. tuli tuipulotu, EDGE
  47. john michael schmitz, IOL
  48. zach charbonnet, RB
  49. hendon hooker, QB
  50. jack campbell, LB

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Early in the 1st rd? Probably agree with you.

But where we are drafting? If Bijan Robinson was there (and I don't think he will be) then he definitely makes some sense, as he'd almost assuredly be the BPA by a good bit at that point. He seems to be a complete RB that has size, quick feet, enough speed and outstanding receiving ability to be a carry the load type RB.

But once they franchised Pollard, it probably lessened the likelihood of this happening. Unless they intend to trade Pollard (which I think would be the right move)
overall using up too many assets at RB is not smart.. that'd be two 1st round picks and another 4th rounder. thats crazy to me before the $$$ comes into play... wasting all that on a dime-a-dozen position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
overall using up too many assets at RB is not smart.. that'd be two 1st round picks and another 4th rounder. thats crazy to me before the $$$ comes into play... wasting all that on a dime-a-dozen position.
Well if they trade Pollard, they'd have just a single 1st rd pick on the RB spot. I think Zeke is getting released.

And when you consider the cap situation, paying a RB who's drafted 26th overall is beans compared to what Zeke and Pollard would be making.

If they don't trade Pollard, I don't think we're drafting a RB until probably day 3.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well if they trade Pollard, they'd have just a single 1st rd pick on the RB spot. I think Zeke is getting released.

And when you consider the cap situation, paying a RB who's drafted 26th overall is beans compared to what Zeke and Pollard would be making.

If they don't trade Pollard, I don't think we're drafting a RB until probably day 3.
no im saying if DAL drafts bijan robinson or whoever in the 1st round this year, the RB room would be two 1sts, and a 4th - too much of your own assets wasted there

you like malik davis. hes an UDFA.. thats perfect

i dont think anybody is giving up anything to trade for pollard and have to pay him

if zeke is traded/released, then bijan makes a little bit of sense, but still not much imo

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm only taking Bijan in 1st if both Pollard and Zeke are gone.

I think Zeke is definitely gone, if Pollard stays then they'll use a mid/later rd pick on another RB.

As good as Pollard has been, I have serious doubts about how good he'll be next year after that injury he had. That's why I wouldnt have tagged him to begin with. I don't think anybody would have broke the bank to get him and he would have a far less cap charge to resign if he wanted to stay.

And yeah, I do like Malik Davis. I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket but I do think he can be at least a solid #2 guy.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya pollard is a depressed asset, but he's locked in. hes gonna be here, whether hes 100% or not

jerry already said zeke is a huge contributor on this team so we'll see what happens. they were able to let go of dez, la'el collins, and guys like that in recent history. they should do the right thing and do the same w/ zeke.

a goal line RB is not valuable

dime-a-dozen position

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is daniel jeremiah's top 50 prospects, and i bolded all the players that dallas has met w/ - either formally or informally:
  1. bryce young, QB
  2. will anderson, EDGE
  3. bijan robinson, RB
  4. tyree wilson, EDGE
  5. jalen carter, DT
  6. devon witherspoon, CB
  7. cj stroud, QB
  8. peter skoronski, OT
  9. jordan addison, WR
  10. anthony richardson, QB
  11. dalton kincaid, TE
  12. will levis, QB
  13. christian gonzalez, CB
  14. lukas van ness, EDGE
  15. joey porter jr, CB
  16. nolan smith, EDGE
  17. darnell wright, OT
  18. paris johnson jr, OT
  19. broderick jones, OT
  20. myles murphy, EDGE
  21. michael mayer, TE
  22. darnell washington, TE
  23. jaxon smith-njigba, WR
  24. zay flowers, WR
  25. will mcdonald iv, EDGE
  26. clijah kancey, DT
  27. keion white, EDGE
  28. deonte banks, CB
  29. quentin johnston, WR
  30. jahmyr gibbs, RB
  31. brian branch, CB
  32. felix anudike-uzomah, EDGE
  33. joe tippmann, IOL
  34. bryan bresee, DT
  35. cody mauch, OT
  36. jalin hyatt, WR
  37. o'cyrus torrence, IOL
  38. emmanuel forbes, CB
  39. mazi smith, DT
  40. kelee ringo, CB
  41. sam laporta, TE
  42. bj ojulari, EDGE
  43. luke musgrave, TE
  44. trenton simpson, LB
  45. steve avila, IOL
  46. tuli tuipulotu, EDGE
  47. john michael schmitz, IOL
  48. zach charbonnet, RB
  49. hendon hooker, QB
  50. jack campbell, LB

other players DAL has met outside DJ's top 50:
  • DE derek hall
  • DE byron young
  • DT gervon dexter
  • DT dante stills
  • DT dj dale
  • DT keondre coburn
  • LB tyrus wheat
  • LB dee winters
  • LB dj johnson
  • LB daiyan henley
  • LB demarion overshown
  • CB mekhi garner
  • CB myles brooks
  • CB julius brents
  • CB darius rush
  • CB rezjohn wright
  • CB alex austin
  • DB gervarrius ownes
  • DB arquon bush
  • DB jay ward
  • DB charmarri conner
  • S trey dean
  • S jl skinner
  • S brandon hill
  • S ronnie hickman
  • WR tank dell
  • WR mitchell tinsley
  • WR rakim jarrett
  • WR tyler scott
  • WR tre tucker
  • WR marvin mims
  • WR joseph ngata
  • QB max duggan
  • QB malik cunningham
  • QB dorian thompson-robinson
  • QB clayton tune
  • QB jarren hall
  • TE luke schoonmaker
  • TE cameron latu
  • TE brenton strange
  • TE leonard taylor
  • RB devon achane
  • RB israel abanikanda
  • OT wanya morris
  • OT john ojukwu
  • OT asim richards
  • OT tyler steen
  • OG andrew vorhees
  • OL jarrett patterson

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

A late first round pick wouldn't bother me (or even a second rounder) if the RB was one of the best in the class. RB may drop to us and if that's the case, then do it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

To folloow up, I think picking a TE in the 1st is stupid. That position is just not worth the draft capital.

Top Bottom