yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Worth repeating what they gave up:

2023 #1 pick (9th overall, which they could have used to draft Will Levis. They also could have taken a better position player there, which could have been Jalen Carter, or any of the premium OL that went between 9-15.

2023 2nd rd pick (#33 overall, which they could have use to STILL take Will Levis)

2024 1st rd pick (#1 overall)

2025 2nd rd pick

Probowl caliber WR DJ Moore

It's one of the worst personnel moves in history, and the dumbshit owner scapegoated the coach and GM for his ignorance.

plus they fired Frank Reich after 11 games

this owner is making jeri look good

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So what do we think about Belichik?

I've always thought he was a great coach but I'm surprised he has done so poorly without Brady. Couple this and his horrendous coaching tree and it makes you wonder...

is he a fraud, over-rated, good, worthy of being among the best and/or other?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I've always thought he was a great coach but I'm surprised he has done so poorly without Brady. Couple this and his horrendous coaching tree and it makes you wonder...

Was it the chicken or the egg?

Well that question has clearly been answered.

BB without Brady hasn’t had a winning record/season

Brady without BB went to another team and won them a SB.

The debate has clearly been over since they parted ways.

Also, it feels like the game has passed BB on by. Much like it did to the beloved Man in the funny hat who still owns the record that will never be broken of 20 consecutive winning seasons.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
seems that way but damn, its hard for me to accept it was all Brady

I really thought there was something to the Belichik-Ernie Adams combo but their post Brady results aren't good for their legacy

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I really thought there was something to the Belichik-Ernie Adams combo but their post Brady results aren't good for their legacy

“IF” BB was the football genius then his coaching tree disciples would have seen success over the years. But each of them have been all but utter failures and lost their HC in just a couple years.

They took BB’s teachings, systems, knowledge to new teams and they all failed. The one thing they didn’t take with them is Tom Brady.

BB isn’t the football genius everyone thought him to be. He just had the best QB in all of NFL history to lean on all those years.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

He recognized what he had in Brady. Question answered.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He's a great coach and a mastermind of defense, but he is not a good talent evaluator, especially when it comes to the draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Brady was more of a game manager the first 5, 6 or 7 years of his career. Belichick's defenses completely befuddled teams for quite some time.

Then Brady got more weapons and really continued to get better and better. It also helped that Belichick surrounded himself with great assistants (many of whom would get HC jobs but almost all of them were flops at it)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
“IF” BB was the football genius then his coaching tree disciples would have seen success over the years. But each of them have been all but utter failures and lost their HC in just a couple years.

They took BB’s teachings, systems, knowledge to new teams and they all failed. The one thing they didn’t take with them is Tom Brady.

BB isn’t the football genius everyone thought him to be. He just had the best QB in all of NFL history to lean on all those years.
Eh. They didnt take Belichick's defensive minds or systems with them. He coached his scheme better than anyone.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's a great coach and a mastermind of defense, but he is not a good talent evaluator, especially when it comes to the draft.

He really fucked that 6th round Tom Brady pick up

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eh. They didnt take Belichick's defensive minds or systems with them. He coached his scheme better than anyone.

Matt Patricia didn’t take his defensive system with him?

Ok

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He really fucked that Tom Brady pick up
Do you really want me to go back and show you all the draft history, especially in the last ten years or so?

Belichick had some great personnel/scouting people in that front office for a long time. When they all left and he took it over completely, there was a definite downturn in draft and free agent success.

As for the Brady pick. He picked the guy in the 6th round, which is where just about everyone had him going. Somewhere on day three.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Matt Patricia didn’t take his defense with him?

Ok
Did it work anywhere he went?

He was pathetic in Detroit. Belichick didnt even give him the DC job when he came back there. And he's been awful in Philly since they made him the defensive playcaller there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did it work anywhere he went?

He was pathetic in Detroit. Belichick didnt even give him the DC job when he came back there. And he's been awful in Philly since they made him the defensive playcaller there.

No shit

That was exactly my point

BB’s coaching spawn have all sucked ass

His coaching tree is a bunch of dead branches with rotten fruit falling off of it

None of BB’s spawn have done shit anywhere besides NE.

BB Hasn’t done shit in NE since Brady left

BB ain’t shit without Brady

BB’s spawn ain’t shit without Brady

Basically, they all aren’t shit without Brady

None of them have done shit without Brady

Brady won a SB without any of them

BB wasn’t the secret sauce

Brady was

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No shit

That was exactly my point

BB’s coaching spawn have all sucked ass

His coaching tree is a bunch of dead branches with rotten fruit falling off of it

None of BB’s spawn have done shit anywhere besides NE.

BB Hasn’t done shit in NE since Brady left

BB ain’t shit without Brady

BB’s spawn ain’t shit without Brady

Basically, they all aren’t shit without Brady

BB wasn’t the secret sauce

Brady was
What did Parcells do when Belichick wasn't his defensive coordinator.

I think you are grossly underestimating the impact Belichick and good assistant coaches had on Brady's development.

And by the way, some guy named Nick Saban credits Bill Belichick for his career and what he learned from him.

Lastly, just because some HC's assistants don't turn into great pro coaches doesn't mean that guy is any less of a great coach. None of Jimmy's great assistants amounted to great pro coaches either did they.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do BB and spawn have without Brady? Losing records and trips to the unemployment line

What does Brady have without BB and spawn? Another Super Bowl

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
17 of the years he has been HC in NE his teams had top-10 scoring defenses. 19 times they had top-10 scoring offenses. 3 times on each side of the ball they finished 1st. The numbers are similar for total offense and total defense.

He got to 10 wins one yr with Mac Jones, and 11 wins another yr with Matt Cassell..

Your idea that he was somehow "just along for the ride is pretty laughable dude.

I do think he figured out how to cheat better than anyone in previous history, but Brady was also a benefactor of said cheating.

But the dude is absolutely one of the best, if not the best head coach in league history.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How many Super Bowls did Matt fucking Cassel, Mac Jones and their extraordinary seasons win him?

Zero

How many Super Bowls did BB win before Brady?

Zero

How many did he win when he had Brady?

Six

How many Super Bowls did he win after Brady?

Zero

What was his record with Brady?

249-75

What was his record without Brady?

84-101

It’s simple math

BB WITH Brady = winner

BB without Brady = loser

He was one of the best coaches when he had Brady.

He has NOT been one of the best coaches without Brady.

So was it BB? Or was it the best QB in the history of the NFL that brought them success?

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So Landry was basically a suckass coach without Staubach (although he did get them to 1 Super Bowl with Craig Morton) Chuck Noll was horrible without Terry Bradshaw. Vince Lombardi must have sucked as a HC because he didnt win any Super Bowls without Bart Starr. Jimmy Johnson must have been lousy because he couldnt win a super bowl without Troy Aikman.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never said BB was a bad coach.

I just pointed out that the success the Patriots saw was more a result of Brady than it was because of BB.

The facts are the facts

BB hasn’t won without Brady. He has a losing record and zero SB without Brady.

Brady went to another team and had a winning record and won aanother SB without BB.

Top Bottom