daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
My 2022 NL Champions, Philadelphia Phillies start their season this coming Thursday vs. Rangers. Just like last year when Harper was out for quite a while, this year they're already going to start without Harper, & Hoskins will be out for season with a torn ACL in his left knee. Here we go again. But, like last year had proven, when a team gets hot at the right time, you may just see your favorite team playing in October. It was a shocker for the Phillies & their fan base going that far with a so-so rotation. That eventually caught up to them in the WS.

Wanted to share this tweet about Ken Griffey Jr. Crazy!!!!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
griffey jr is the GOAT baseball player, but bobby bonilla got the GOAT contract hustle

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah what the heck were the Mets thinking.

He gets paid 1.1 million (and change) EVERY July 1st (which will forever be known as "Bobby Bonilla Day" until the year 2035. According to this ESPN story Bonilla will be 72 years old on the final payment.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah what the heck were the Mets thinking.

He gets paid 1.1 million (and change) EVERY July 1st (which will forever be known as "Bobby Bonilla Day" until the year 2035. According to this ESPN story Bonilla will be 72 years old on the final payment.

dude hit on a scratch ticket and took the annuity

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
For the first time since 1968, all 30 teams played on the same day, March 30th.

The Phillies blew a nice lead against the Rangers only to lose 7-11. They went through 4 pitchers. Its early, but this new bull pen is showing signs of weakness!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the red sox have a few players but hopefully this season goes south and john henry gets rid of chaim bloom

he has totally fucked this team up

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score

Hopefully Harper's back. He's been practicing yesterday. The bullpen has been horrific giving up leads to the 1-5 start. Can't get behind the 6-1 Braves like that.

Sirianni will be tossing the opening pitch. What's crazy, Rob Thompson was the interim manager & turned the franchise around so much so the Phillies made him the permanent manager only to take them to the WS in his first year.

Sirianni, took the Eagles to the SB in his 2nd year.

Last edited:

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Harper's finally coming back after his Tommy John surgery. Been 160 days already since he had that procedure.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this part of baseball is so stupid... let the players bat flip, cuss you out after a K, do a stupid dance after they rob a HR ball... put some emotion into the game. that robotic respect unwritten rule shit has got to stop

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
This was insane. The kid was tossed in as a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 9th w/2 outs while the Phillies were down 2 runs to win. Also, w/their old franchise record (13) consecutive road wins since 1976 on the line.

In addition, since the start of the wild-card era, the Phillies have the third-longest such single-season streak, trailing the Dodgers' record of 15 set in 2013.
WOW! Talk about producing....

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
José Ramírez Knocks Out Tim Anderson During Brawl, Baseball Needs More Of This? | Pat McAfee Show

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
😮 Like last season, they're getting hot at the right time.
August began with Nick Castellanos belting a two-run, go-ahead home run to beat the Marlins in Miami. It ended with Bryce Harper nearly pulling off yet another miracle.

The month will go down as one of the most memorable in Phillies history.

To go along with a 17-10 stat line, the Phils hit a club record 59 home runs. That’s the third-most of any team in baseball history. Many brought the Phillies back from deficits that would have crushed them in the season’s first four months, continuing to electrify a Citizens Bank Park throng that’s grown to love this team like few others.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Holy crap this girl should be in jail, just heard about this story, Rangers should grow a pair, buck the “public” pressure falsely gen’d up against him and sign him asap

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Holy crap this girl should be in jail, just heard about this story, Rangers should grow a pair, buck the “public” pressure falsely gen’d up against him and sign him asap

I have to admit I haven't fully followed this and only remember the sensationalist headlines.

But it seems like MLB and the extremely woke LA Dodgers went to great lengths to turn the screws on this guy, they basically ruined his life and his reputation it appears.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have to admit I haven't fully followed this and only remember the sensationalist headlines.

But it seems like MLB and the extremely woke LA Dodgers went to great lengths to turn the screws on this guy, they basically ruined his life and his reputation it appears.

thats more than I've done, I didnt hear about it until yesterday.

He should sue the league and everyone involved for defamation, the cost to him was astounding...I'm 100% in support of any legitimate victims but our compassion and support cant be used by ruthless narcissist to extort without consequence

Top Bottom