bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Helps that Leonard Williams was missing, and Toney (who torched us). Also, can Sam Williams go one fucking game without committing a bonehead penalty?

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Helps that Leonard Williams was missing, and Toney (who torched us). Also, can Sam Williams go one fucking game without committing a bonehead penalty?
I'd like to see Williams penalty again, I don't recall them showing the replay or maybe I skipped through it.

But I do remember them discussing it with that ref commentator and heard them mentioning it was close because Jones was right on the sideline trying to extend the play and gain more yards, and apparently the league had given notice that they weren't going to protect running QB's for that as close as they used to.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to see Williams penalty again, I don't recall them showing the replay or maybe I skipped through it.

But I do remember them discussing it with that ref commentator and heard them mentioning it was close because Jones was right on the sideline trying to extend the play and gain more yards, and apparently the league had given notice that they weren't going to protect running QB's for that as close as they used to.
he's lucky there were offsetting penalties on that play

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Helps that Leonard Williams was missing, and Toney (who torched us).
Cowboy starters missing:

Prescott, Tyron Smith, McGovern, Gallup & Schultz on offense, Jayron Kearse on defense

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
WR stats through 3 games:

Noah Brown: 15 receptions, 213 yds, 14.2 avg, 1 TD
CeeDee Lamb: 17, 191, 11.2, 1 (too many drops, especially the big one last night)

Amari Cooper: 19, 219, 11.5, 2 tds, new restructured deal 3yrs left, 60 million
Cedric Wilson: 2, 20yds, 10.0, 0 tds 3 yrs, 22 million 12.75 million guaranteed

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One of the sacks didnt count because of ignorant penalty that had nothing to do with the play, but still. This is good stuff, especially for the contract we got him for.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Next two games are against the Deadskins and Lambs

Wentz has been sacked 15 times and has 3 picks, Stafford has been sacked 9 times and has 5 picks, neither QB is very mobile and neither one of these teams can run the football. Both teams could be be 0-3 fairly easily.

4-1 is not that far fetched. We have to play good and avoid turnovers on our end, but our defense should do quite well the next two weeks. Burrow and Jones' ability to run hurt us quite a bit but these next two guys are nowhere near the mobility threats.

Even if we assume that we lose at Philly, two more very winnable home games follow vs Lions and Bears before the bye week.

6-2 at the bye week?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WR stats through 3 games:

Noah Brown: 15 receptions, 213 yds, 14.2 avg, 1 TD
CeeDee Lamb: 17, 191, 11.2, 1 (too many drops, especially the big one last night)

Amari Cooper: 19, 219, 11.5, 2 tds, new restructured deal 3yrs left, 60 million
Cedric Wilson: 2, 20yds, 10.0, 0 tds 3 yrs, 22 million 12.75 million guaranteed

Cedric Wilson got way overpaid but Amari Cooper was a good receiver. I have no doubt Rush could have used him and I also have no doubt Dak would never have seen him in the offense.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This idea that Cooper Rush is successful because the Cowboys changed the O to suit him is kind of silly. Certainly that plays a part but the team can open up the whole playbook and Cooper has been reading the D, trusting his (weak) arm and getting the ball out quickly. When they max protect with their TE's, there are less receivers running routes and this has been a problem for Dak. But Cooper knows where he's going to go with the ball and gets it out quick. He's playing well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think a lot of people looked at the stat box from Philly-Washington and assumed the Eagles pass rush just dominated the game and devoured the Deadskins OL.

Upon further review, it appears that might not be the case.

Top Bottom