daboyz

👀
Reaction score
We're talking the SB here. Not the regular season. Montana is a SF homer. Of course he's going to sing the kid's praises. I don't know of many rookies, if any, that have won the SB. There's a reason for that.
No shit sherlock. What's your excuse now being 49ers just won their 11th straight while Purdy won his 6th straight? San Fran continues looking Purdy by winning their first postseason wildcard with a a 3rd stringer?!
The kid's sharp. He's the first rookie quarterback to win a playoff.

I guess all these guys, Warren Sapp, Eric William's etc...are all "SF homer" too like Montana lol. https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/super-bowl-lvii-expert-picks-predictions

Hell, Bradshaw (what this kid has is not normal) Howie, Jimmy, are all giving Purdy praises. I guess their SF Homer's too.
Iowa State Celebration GIF by CyclonesTV

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm sticking with them as the shoe in to the super bowl. Having Mccaffrey, Samuel, good defense & HC helps Purdy out tremendously imo, given the competition, Purdy is plenty good enough to get there this year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm sticking with them as the shoe in to the super bowl. Having Mccaffrey, Samuel, good defense & HC helps Purdy out tremendously imo, given the competition, Purdy is plenty good enough to get there this year.
The coach and GM know what they're doing. They're gonna have three quarterbacks on the roster that can run their offense, and probably one more on speed dial.

What we're seeing is superior management.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Purdy is running the entire show whereas we scaled back the offense for a vet like Rush. :facepalm

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The coach and GM know what they're doing. They're gonna have three quarterbacks on the roster that can run their offense, and probably one more on speed dial.

What we're seeing is superior management.
Well one of them (Garrapolo) I think is a guaranteed free agent next yr, so he isn't going to be back.

The kid they traded all the picks for appears to be years away from being able to play. Purdy is eons ahead of him.

In fact Lance getting hurt is the biggest piece of luck any team had this year. He looked absolutely hopeless on the field and they likely would have never given up on him no matter how many games they lost.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's the first rookie quarterback to win a playoff.

Ms. Daboyz, you and I can go places. I mean, you've got slim pickins here and dbair is bat shit crazy and way too emotional for you. BB is smart but you're not his kind of gal. Dooms is too old and Scott lives in CA and you don't want to have to move their since Scott's not leaving......but I'm going to demand some kind of accountability if you make silly statements. If I want to argue every time a woman is wrong, I can get that now with my (current) wife.

Most recently, Russell Wilson won as a rookie QB. A quick Google search will reveal that 19 QB's have started playoff games in the SB era and they're 9 and 19.

My excuse is "now" is that my statement stands. Not sure any rookie QB has won a SB and for good reason. He played a good game and deserves the praise. But winning the SB is another animal. And Purdy is proving my point. He doesn't have to go through Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, and Burrow. He had to beast Gino Smith. The NFC is wide open.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In
fact Lance getting hurt is the biggest piece of luck any team had this year
Definitely. And I'm sure they know that. I think Lance and the one GB drafted are more social justice/affirmative action moves than anything else?

Top Bottom