Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We got back to running the ball
There's running the baaal and then there's paying lip service to running the ball. Two TEs and a FB in the game, "jumbo" package, you know we mean it. Loved that we went play-action out of that a coupla times too.

Also loved seeing very few runs on 1st and 10.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listening to Jason Garrett is cringe-worthy. He offers nothing but talking points and sounds bites....no analysis whatsover. Because he doesn't know. It's why his pressers were so bland. He has no clue and he lucked out with his current gig.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Listening to Jason Garrett is cringe-worthy. He offers nothing but talking points and sounds bites....no analysis whatsover. Because he doesn't know. It's why his pressers were so bland. He has no clue and he lucked out with his current gig.
Was thinking the same thing, of all the people that wanted this job,they went with Garrett???

feels like something jeri pushed

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought this game was going to give the Vikings problems, but until the last 10 minutes the defense looked like they were having flashbacks to Sunday.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
I honestly might self ban myself if they lose this fucking game.

I'm so sick of this fucking team. You can't trust this team to play two good games in a row to save their life.

Odds couldnt have been more stacked in their favor today, and they have SUCKED FUCKING DONKEY DICK.
I hear ya. Dak was horrible. He hasn't been consistent since his rookie days. MM HAD the penalties down big time until last nite, I think Dallas was ranked 25th from being in the top 5 most penalized teams. To rop it off, the best player, Zack Martin, gets his first penalty of his career. 🤪

Last edited:

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
:funny:

I hear ya. Dak was horrible. He hasn't been consistent since his rookie days. MM HAD the penalties down big time until last nite, I think Dallas was ranked 25th from being in the top 5 most penalized teams. To rop it off, the best player, Zack Martin, gets his first sixth penalty of his career. 🤪
Lol. Heard the TV & typed what I heard "first" instead of sixth. My age is showing.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well it was a butt ugly win so that's better than another shocking loss like Green Bay, but they played like dogshit.

The penalties are just ridiculous with this team. Somebody noticed that in mega loud Minnesota the other day we had NONE, but turn around 4 days later in our home stadium and somehow get 3 or 4.

Prescott played horribly in the first half, but he and the offense flipped a switch at halftime and ran off 3 straight tds to win the game. My biggest 2nd half complaint was the final "drive" where we took over with great field position and took over with 3:12 left and a 28-13. They couldn't run out the damn clock and for those clamoring "run the damn ball" they tried to run it and run the clock out, and they ran the ball for 0 yards, 2 yards, 1 yard, -4 yards and then finally had a decent run of 5 yards. Have to give the coaches credit though, they made excellent 2nd half adjustments and they had drives of 14 plays, 75 yards (TD), 6 plays 44 yards (TD), 10 plays 80yds (TD) and should have scored on that last drive but Maher missed the 46 yd FG (first miss of yr under 50)

Defensively, they definitely didn't look great. The pass rush was very inconsistent and they had guys wide open all over the place. Anthony Brown had another bad game at CB and is starting to become a problem. The safety play, other than Donovan Wilson is not good at all, especially Hooker. Hooker is probably the worst player on the defense by a significant amount in my opinion.

1) I don't know who the Giants OL coach is, but he must be the best coach in the history of the position because he coached up 3 backups to play 60 mins against the best pass rushing team in football and they got NO holding calls. Meanwhile our guys got 3 or 4, so it isn't like the officials "just weren't calling it". This kind of shit is just fucking criminal and yes Dooms, its mostly intentional (for whatever reason). There's no way they only see ONE team's guys holding. There were several examples of plays they could have called holding on too, and totally ignored it.

2) Speaking of holding, it seemed like that was their entire secondary game plan. Just grab our receivers and hold them or impede them from getting down field. Somebody asked Lamb after the game why he tried so many 1 handed catches and he basically said "because they were constantly pulling my other arm"

3) The line was Dallas -9 and the over/under was 45, so that last TD the Giants scored was absolutely huge for Vegas, and especially so for anyone who took the Giants + the points and the over.

4) Despite the above two notes and the fact the Cowboys were flagged for 13 penalties, their fat little troll HC spent the entire game and postgame whining about the officials. So did their fans. The Cowboys played like shit but the game ended up closer than it should have been because of the damn officials.

5) I don't care how many times they try to "explain" it, the Lamb play they reviewed for the TD seemed like a TD to me. Cowboys sideline and coaches thought it was a TD and McCarthy was even so sure he sent the PAT team back onto the field while they were reviewing. Several players or former players put out on Twitter that they thought it was a TD too. In the end it didn't matter because we scored anyway, but I don't really understand it.

6) Jaylon Smith, W T F was that when he flew through the air and launched himself into the pile (well after the play was over). And oh by the way, that wasn't flagged either.

7) As I mentioned during he game, why the hell DT Carlos Watkins is even on this team is a huge mystery to me and he should definitely be cut moving forward. That's two games in a row he managed to get called for something that is almost never called. Yesterday it cost us a TD too because the Giants got a 3rd down conversion for it and went onto to score a TD and take the lead.

8) I don't know if it's true or not, but to me Noah Brown kind of looks like he has "checked out" a bit the past few games since all the OBJ talk started. I saw him on a few of his routes yesterday and it looked like he wasnt really running full speed, and normally he blocks like hell but even that seemed a little questionable. I don't think he was injured yesterday and the coaches started pulling him out more than usual, Lamb was the "motion" run block guy way more than normal yesterday.

9) McCarthy really needs to whack Moore upside the head with all these gimmicky reverse and quick screen calls. They rarely work and many times puts us well behind the chains when he calls them.

10) Doesn't really matter now, but still no official explanation that I have seen for that bullshit in the Vikings game with Maher's 1st 60 yd FG.

11) Tyler Smith has far exceeded expectations for how he has played at LT this year, but he struggled some yesterday. Tyron Smith looks like he is closing in on 100% and physically looks as in-shape and imposing as he has ever looked. If he can play at even 80-90% of what he normally is, having him back at LT and Tyler Smith inside at LG could be lethal for this OL. Tyler's a road grader in the run game and is so athletic that he easily gets to the 2nd level and beyond. I can't wait to see this.

12) Jake Ferguson is going to be a really, really good player once he assumes the #1 TE role (which will probably be next year). He snatches everything with his hands and is far more athletic than anyone really knew coming out. He's also by far the best run blocking TE. He had himself a game yesterday and the hurdle move was awesome. We dodged a real bullet with the injury thing with him, really looked like the first injury was serious but he came back. He got hurt again afterward but I believe he returned from that too. Payton Hendershot is also a really high upside guy. That said, Schultz was great yesterday too and we clearly have the deepest group of quality TE's in the NFL.

8-3 is better than 7-4 and we now have a sweep of the Giants, but this team is the epitome of helter-skelter and needs to clean this shit up before the playoffs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hear ya. Dak was horrible. He hasn't been consistent since his rookie days. MM HAD the penalties down big time until last nite, I think Dallas was ranked 25th from being in the top 5 most penalized teams. To rop it off, the best player, Zack Martin, gets his first penalty of his career. 🤪
It actually wasn't his first penalty, but I think it was something like his 6th career holding call.

In almost 9 seasons. That's amazing.

It was however his first penalty this year I believe, which is also amazing.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Didn't even notice this. Wonder whose idea it was?!
"On second-and-goal at the 2-yard line, Dallas sent out four tight ends for the goal-line play. Dak Prescott handed off to Hendershot on a misdirection play and Hendershot ran in untouched off left tackle for the score. He made a beeline for the Salvation Army kettle behind the end zone.

He was joined by fellow Cowboys tight ends Dalton Schultz, Sean McKeon and Jake Ferguson, who all hopped in the kettle. Hendershot remained outside the kettle and proceeded to play a game of whack-a-mole where the football was the hammer and his teammates were the moles."

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Cowboys ALWAYS bring in the ratings.
Lol. Heard the TV & typed what I heard "first" instead of sixth. My age is showing.
It actually wasn't his first penalty, but I think it was something like his 6th career holding call.

In almost 9 seasons. That's amazing.

It was however his first penalty this year I believe, which is also amazing.
It was his 6th. I corrected myself in next post. Yes, his first penalty this year. He's my favorite Cowboy!
Game gets replayed today at 2pm central on NFL Network.
No thanks. Once is/was enough. :funny:

Last edited:
Top Bottom