Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Like I said, the Cowboys are going to bungle this Cooper situation. Now that they have basically let the world know that Cooper will be available as a free agent is no one works out a trade for him, teams will just wait to pick him up for nothing - AND sign him to a new deal for less money.

If they cannot work out a trade they should restructure his contract and keep him for one more season. they can still save money cutting him in 2023 even if they do a pretty aggressive restructure deal. This is not the season to be letting WRs go for nothing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said, the Cowboys are going to bungle this Cooper situation. Now that they have basically let the world know that Cooper will be available as a free agent is no one works out a trade for him, teams will just wait to pick him up for nothing - AND sign him to a new deal for less money.

If they cannot work out a trade they should restructure his contract and keep him for one more season. they can still save money cutting him in 2023 even if they do a pretty aggressive restructure deal. This is not the season to be letting WRs go for nothing.

This is Jerry's MO and always has been. Everyone knows Coop is going to be released so why give up draft picks? And we gave up a first round pick to acquire him. But as I type this, it just doesn't surprise me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And to add to the Cooper discussion, does anyone think Gallup is a true #1 that defenses scheme against? I don't. CeeDee Lamb may be a better WR in the future. I just don't see it with Gallup......

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:funny:

Gallup thinks he's worth 6 million more per year than the Cowboys offer. You just gotta laugh. Dallas is a place where players come to get rich without winning a damn thing.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is Jerry's MO and always has been. Everyone knows Coop is going to be released so why give up draft picks? And we gave up a first round pick to acquire him. But as I type this, it just doesn't surprise me.

Thats just one of the many things that infuriate me about this yahoo & his spawn, why the fuck cant they be strategic and fight to get compensation for any players? They all die on the vine or get released for other teams to pick up for free like Ware in Denver

I think the biggest pick they ever got for trading a player post Jimmy is Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins for a 4th round pick, its fucking pathetic and just proves Jerry would have never dreamed up the idea to trade Herschel Walker; he probably would have double downed and extended his contract if Jimmy hadn't talked him into the trade

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And to add to the Cooper discussion, does anyone think Gallup is a true #1 that defenses scheme against? I don't. CeeDee Lamb may be a better WR in the future. I just don't see it with Gallup......

yes but Gallup has something the Cowboy really like that Cooper doesn't when signing players

he's injured

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Gallop thinks he's worth 6 million more per year than the Cowboys offer. You just gotta laugh. Dallas is a place where players come to get rich without winning a damn thing.

I guess this is when the protracted "negotiations" begin where jones & spawn act like their playing hardball only to crater completely to the player/agent at the deadline and then we get to hear jeri yap about how everything good he's ever bought, he's overpaid for which is a really fantastic mindset & philosophy to have in the salary cap era

if Cowboy fans weren't so stupid, they'd quick watching entirely or at the very least not listen, watch or read anything jeri & spawn say

If Jeri's talk shows, interviews, fame and people clamoring to hear his nonsense stopped and all his shows and interviews were cancelled due to lack of listeners/readers/watchers, its the one thing I believe would crush jeri to the core, its just a damn shame Cowboy fans cant even do this one simple thing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats just one of the many things that infuriate me about this yahoo & his spawn, why the fuck cant they be strategic and fight to get compensation for any players? They all die on the vine or get released for other teams to pick up for free like Ware in Denver

I think the biggest pick they ever got for trading a player post Jimmy is Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins for a 4th round pick, its fucking pathetic and just proves Jerry would have never dreamed up the idea to trade Herschel Walker; he probably would have double downed and extended his contract if Jimmy hadn't talked him into the trade

Agreed....and to think there are people who still believe Jerry was the mastermind of the Hershel trade is beyond pathetic. But we've all said it before; Jerry is too loyal to his players and he can't seem to understand that players are loyal to money. Why not let Gallup test the market and we can match any offer? But he's got an ACL injury so Jerry is enamored with injured players. The thrill of the comeback and making Jerry look smart is just too much of an enticement to overcome.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw jordan davis being 2nd percentile behind only calvin johnson, some formula that weighs your combines times vs height weigjt position etc

so safe to say he wont be available for DAL now but maybe it pushes down a good OL/LB/DE

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
the player that should be on the block is zeke
Zeke isnt tradable.

Its unfortunate the knee thing happened because he was having a really good yr prior to that. He's still a good player when healthy, especially if they do what they need to do and address the run blocking/run game scheme.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Gallop thinks he's worth 6 million more per year than the Cowboys offer. You just gotta laugh. Dallas is a place where players come to get rich without winning a damn thing.

Not sure where Mosher got that from, but it looks like it might be BS based on the info they released yesterday on the potential contract agreement.

Maybe he meant 6 million total.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed....and to think there are people who still believe Jerry was the mastermind of the Hershel trade is beyond pathetic. But we've all said it before; Jerry is too loyal to his players and he can't seem to understand that players are loyal to money. Why not let Gallup test the market and we can match any offer? But he's got an ACL injury so Jerry is enamored with injured players. The thrill of the comeback and making Jerry look smart is just too much of an enticement to overcome.
Who has ever thought that? (Jerry masterminding the trade)

I like Gallup and hope we keep him, especially if its a somewhat reasonable deal (like the 6yrs 30 mils that was quoted yesterday). I'm sure it probably has voidable years in it but sounds like a decent contract for us.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gallup is a good player. He got injured for the first time ever and unfortunately it was the worst possible timing for him, but he is a really good young player. Works hard and makes a lot of plays when he is out there.

I wouldn't keep him at "any cost" but if they are going to trade/release Cooper (which seems like a certainty) then keeping Gallup is pretty smart. Te ACL thing sux but by all accounts he should be ready for the season and modern medicine has turned the ACL thing into almost a non-issue with players careers.

Top Bottom