Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And then there's this.

Jerry just being Jerry. And the fans in Dallas and Texas in general just accept this used car salesman while they pay big money to go get tickets for games and watch football on a big screen TV. These are not the Texans that won the west. Fucking pussies.....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Boot wearing, cow tipping, Tex-Mex eating, weight losing pussies.....that's right Dooms....come at me bro....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry just being Jerry. And the fans in Dallas and Texas in general just accept this used car salesman while they pay big money to go get tickets for games and watch football on a big screen TV. These are not the Texans that won the west. Fucking pussies.....
I bet if someone took a poll of all Cowboy fans, 95% or more would agree Jimmy belongs in the Ring of Honor. Jerry got 3 Super Bowl titles in 7 years because of Jimmy's 5 years as the HC and running the personnel/draft department. Since that time Jerry has not seen a single team even make the conference championship game, let alone win a championship.

It's safe to say that hiring Jimmy was the single best decision Jerry ever made, and it's also safe to say had he NOT hired Jimmy we'd have had 33 yrs of complete futility.

Stupid fucker should show some respect and appreciation.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
We had three incredible strokes of luck:

1. Jerry knew and played with Jimmy at Arkansas.
2. The #1 pick and a franchise QB just happened to be waiting for them.
3. Minny's foolishness in the Herschel Walker trade.

Eliminate any of the above and our championship drought since '77 would probably still be intact.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We had three incredible strokes of luck:

1. Jerry knew and played with Jimmy at Arkansas.
2. The #1 pick and a franchise QB just happened to be waiting for them.
3. Minny's foolishness in the Herschel Walker trade.

Eliminate any of the above and our championship drought since '77 would probably still be intact.
Minny made a stupid trade, but so did the Colts for Eric Dickerson along with countless others.

It still comes down to what you do with the picks. The Rams didnt do jack shit with theirs.

And Jimmy played that deal exactly right too, extracting every ounce he could from an arrogant Vikings front office that truly believed they were Herschel Walker away from championship teams.

#2 wouldn't have happened had a huge stroke of luck not happened in the 88 season's final week, with a heavily favored Cardinal team losing at home to the lowly Packers. I think Aikman was even in the stands for that game IIRC. Green Bay was actually 2-12 with two games to go and somehow won BOTH games, and for their stupidity ended up with Tony Mandarich.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This seems like subtle code for "we may have stunted his immediate growth by fucking up with position flex"

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No posts in three weeks. Crickets. I guess Jerry finally broke the six or eight of us that post here.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
#2 wouldn't have happened had a huge stroke of luck not happened in the 88 season's final week, with a heavily favored Cardinal team losing at home to the lowly Packers. I think Aikman was even in the stands for that game IIRC. Green Bay was actually 2-12 with two games to go and somehow won BOTH games, and for their stupidity ended up with Tony Mandarich.
I was living in Wisconsin at the time and watched that game intensely. When it was over, I found a newspaper pic of Troy and superimposed a star over the UCLA logo. I was very immature at the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He just told on himself for not reading the other threads. I think a 3 day ban in on the table for this kind of behavior.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bet if someone took a poll of all Cowboy fans, 95% or more would agree Jimmy belongs in the Ring of Honor. Jerry got 3 Super Bowl titles in 7 years because of Jimmy's 5 years as the HC and running the personnel/draft department. Since that time Jerry has not seen a single team even make the conference championship game, let alone win a championship.

It's safe to say that hiring Jimmy was the single best decision Jerry ever made, and it's also safe to say had he NOT hired Jimmy we'd have had 33 yrs of complete futility.

Stupid fucker should show some respect and appreciation.

And most of all, Jimmy's in the HoF so the league recognized his contribution to the game. This fucker Jerry is soooo arrogant and egotistical that he thinks the RoH outweighs the HoF. I hate him.....and I'm starting to hate Texas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Washington gone for 6-10 weeks, having surgery to repair the fracture.

Same injury DLaw had last yr.

Seems likely they'd bring someone else in now for competition but the rookie Jalen Tolbert has impressed all offseason and so far in TC, he had a good chance to be the #2 until Gallup returned anyway. Noah Brown is still here and decent stop gap depth guy but they probably have to get another veteran as well.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Noah Brown is still here and decent stop gap depth guy but they probably have to get another veteran as well.

If I had my choice of the available options I'd lean towards maybe someone like Emmanuel Sanders. Stretch the field and give Lamb, Tolbert and Schutlz opportunities.

Top Bottom