dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Smallish kid with great speed and some moves, had success as a punt returner as well, which is a major need for us if they can find a spot for him.

Apparently had some off field baggage.

Maybe he will work out for us like the last former USFL MVP we had, and we can trade him for 100 draft picks and rebuild another dynasty.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know......I just think this is a problem. He looks thin and kudos to the kid for working hard. But he's an O-lineman. And that's just not a good build, if you ask me.
He played at Tulsa which by all accounts didnt have much of a weight training program, so being in the Cowboys offseason workout program definitely helped him lean up some.

Good interview with him here from yesterday.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Reminds me of Connor Williams. He looked like a TE and then tried to put on weight and it just never worked out.
Yeah but Williams always lacked bulk, whereas Smith played at 325-330 most of his time at Tulsa.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On another note, according to several reports from the practice yesterday Smith was not beaten one time at LG.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have been flirting with the idea of signing free agent linebacker Anthony Barr to bolster their depth at the position since May.

And although they opened training camp without making a move on Barr, vice president Stephen Jones said the four-time Pro Bowler remains a viable option for the Cowboys.

He said the team wanted to take a look at second-year linebacker Jabril Cox and other linebackers in training camp before making a final decision on Barr, who has played eight seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

Cox played seven games last year before suffering a season-ending torn ACL. His recovery has gone so well that he was not put on physically unable to perform list to start camp and is a full participant, though the Cowboys plan to be cautious when him.

If all goes well, the athletic Cox, a 2021 fourth-round pick, could push Leighton Vander Esch for the starting spot opposite Micah Parsons.

But given the injury histories of Cox and Vander Esch, who returned on a one-year deal, the Cowboys are looking at veteran insurance options.

Top Bottom