Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Matt Nagy needs to be fired now. Bad game plans, even worse at adjustments. Yes, Fields makes bad throws downfield. But some of that should have either been coached out of him by now, or prevented by calling shorter passes, like that last interception he just threw from their endzone. That situation is either a run or a short pass. Bears fans want this offense to get better? Show Nagy the door.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Can anybody here honestly say they saw Cincy going into Baltimore and stomping a mud hole in their ass?
Not a chance. I'm nowhere near ready to proclaim them anything, but if they keep up their current play I dare say they could make somebody's lives difficult.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They keep talking about trade rumors of Watson to the Eagles. I hope that this happens. They want something like 3 1st round picks or something crazy like that.

That would be perfect!

The Eagles give up their next 3 first rounders and pick up Watson, just to have him arrested and suspended for life from the NFL once his 20+ cases start coming in.

This guy likely never takes another snap in the NFL.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
May be an image of football, ball and text that says 'The Seahawks without Russell Wilson... SEATTLE SEAHAWKS H'

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I tried to google this and not give me an answer why it was banned so how does Triumvirate have to do with the NFL draft?
The Triumvirate in Dallas was scouting director Gil Brandt, coach Tom Landry, and General Manager Texas Earnest Schramm Jr. This Triumvirate was disbanded when Jerry Jones bought the team. Every Cowboys fan knows what we mean when we talk about "The Triumvirate"

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
The Triumvirate in Dallas was scouting director Gil Brandt, coach Tom Landry, and General Manager Texas Earnest Schramm Jr. This Triumvirate was disbanded when Jerry Jones bought the team. Every Cowboys fan knows what we mean when we talk about "The Triumvirate"
so it means with cowboys drafting players, a group of 3 decide on who to pick for the team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
so it means with cowboys drafting players, a group of 3 decide on who to pick for the team.
No. Gil and Tex made those decisions. Tom had minimal input and no executive powers in personnel. He was the chef who didn't get to select any of the ingredients.

"The Triumvirate" was a Dallas print media term for the three of them.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
No. Gil and Tex made those decisions. Tom had minimal input and no executive powers in personnel. He was the chef who didn't get to select any of the ingredients.

"The Triumvirate" was a Dallas print media term for the three of them.

Got it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Brandt was amazing until after the 77 draft when Tony Dorsett was drafted.

After that, dude completely lost his touch and managed a draft process that wrecked the team. Ironically his only draft worth a shit after that was his final one (1988) in which we landed Irvin, Ken Norton in the 1st and 2nd and took a flier on Chad Hennings in the 11th rd.

What was in between 78-87 was a literal who's who of draft busts and reckless gambles.

They probably should have pushed Landry to retire after the 85 season, but Brandt didn't do him any favors with the overall talent level either as his drafting was horrible for nearly a decade.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Brandt was amazing until after the 77 draft when Tony Dorsett was drafted.

After that, dude completely lost his touch and managed a draft process that wrecked the team. Ironically his only draft worth a shit after that was his final one (1988) in which we landed Irvin, Ken Norton in the 1st and 2nd and took a flier on Chad Hennings in the 11th rd.

What was in between 78-87 was a literal who's who of draft busts and reckless gambles.

They probably should have pushed Landry to retire after the 85 season, but Brandt didn't do him any favors with the overall talent level either as his drafting was horrible for nearly a decade.
This is all correct and quite valid to point out. People can say Tom let the times pass him buy but the chef is only as good as the ingredients. And it's also fair to say that Tex himself lost his way a bit, he was NOT the GM he once was. Dallas' front office and business affairs were bloated, inefficient, hemorrhaging money and overall very poorly run by the time Jerruh bought the club. Hell, a million annually was going out for the TV shows, The Tom Landry Show and the Tex one. The rot we all saw on the field, started in the front office and like a cancer, grew.

Jimmy was savvy, knew someone was making money on our TV shows but not the Dallas Cowboys. Talked Jerry into having a reneg meeting with Dallas' long-time TV guy Lee Martin which wound up being the dude just saying "it's obvious you don't want to go first class" and walked out. Jerry was like, "Now what? We had TV now we don't!" Jimmy was like, "don't sweat it, I have a girl I'll bring over from the U, she'll handle everything." First year's profit to Dallas from their in-house TV was, a half million bucks!

Here's a Tex Schramm show from 1977 when we were sitting at 8-0. Love his take on officiating. He is still correct today. Tom Landry Show episode is included in this with some great game film. Look at the professionalism of these guys.

Top Bottom