dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
im trying to find video of odigi clotheslining hurts

if you come across the video or gif , go ahead and post it por favor

He is really coming on fast. Could have easily had 1 or maybe even 2 other sacks last night.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This isn't about your HS team Dooms.
No shit. It's an example of how prevalent it was.
Maybe they just erased history like the Democrats/Woke crowd like to do, but there is not one single reference anywhere I can find to the "Landry Hitch".
It's not like it was in the viral cultural lexicon, ever. It was just among Dallas fans who paid attention, subscribed to the DC weekly, and really followed the details. Then when we started closing games with it in 2014, some moron probably Ginger himself called it "The Landry Shift" and it stuck. And we old timers screamed, and litigated this in forum threads, tried to correct the record with the club, of course to no avail.
there is not one single reference anywhere I can find to the "Landry Hitch".
And it was never called the "Landry Hitch" by anyone. It was just, "The Hitch."

There's no changing something once it is enshrined in Google.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Some call it the "shift" because the RBs would literally shift when the o-linemen went up and down. But on most fan forums I frequent, it's called the hitch.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Some call it the "shift" because the RBs would literally shift when the o-linemen went up and down.
Today, yeah. But the hitch, it wasn't related to shifting or motion. Happened regardless. There's just not enough of us around who remember this stuff.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But on most fan forums I frequent, it's called the hitch
Good to hear there's some people who remember it.

John Fitzgerald once said it's called the hitch because working cowboys hitch up their pants before taking on a difficult task such as "bustin broncos." This was in the DC Weekly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think I still have a bunch of them when I was a subscriber in the 80's and early 90's

It was great getting those.
I miss them. It was a staple of my youngest years. Must read reading for a little boy just learning to love reading.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I still have a bunch of them when I was a subscriber in the 80's and early 90's

It was great getting those.
I subscribed when Jerry and Jimmy took over, but quickly learned that they almost never bashed the team, which pissed me off. It was basically the football version of Pravda.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He made his debut last night and he definitely flashed on 2 or 3 plays. Showed really good closing speed on one play where he cut off Hurts on a scramble as well. Definitely looks like a player with upside. I during the offseason work and OTA/rookie camp the coaches were really speaking highly of him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I subscribed when Jerry and Jimmy took over, but quickly learned that they almost never bashed the team, which pissed me off. It was basically the football version of Pravda.
Yep all objectivity disappeared, like it was now verboten.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And this may be beneath the notice of most folk, but this year I have noticed we're no longer sloppy dressers. No untucked jerseys. I always have believed the small seemingly insignificant details are essential ingredients of the better teams. The better teams take pride in even the smallest details. I'm starting to see that, with these Cowboys. For the first time in many moons.

And did they for the most part, look really sharp last night? Seemed speedier, quicker, especially Zeke and Pollard on the O, and really the entire D. There was all-out hustle all night long. Nobody taking plays off or dragging ass, that I saw.

And somehow although I know it's early - our china doll linebackers are avoiding the injury bug that's always plagued them?

Top Bottom