Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m curious to know what’s going on with Jimmy G’s hand injury and if that will be a factor at all. They didn’t talk much about it during the game and it didn’t seem to slow him down any.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I'll say this....my expectations for this team under the Jones regime post Jimmy are basically nil. Dak is signed and paid like a franchise QB so he's the guy regardless of my feelings. So I'd rather be playing an extra week in the playoffs then be sitting at home waiting for the draft. I'm going to look forward to the game and have a few drinks while watching.

I also believe having a real HC with experience only helps this team. MM hasn't been perfect, I get that. But I know I'd be feeling different with Garrett. I don't want the game to come down to a FG or even XP with our kicker. I'll have a heart attack.

We will be knocked out of the playoffs because of his missed kick/kicks

Granted, we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be in a position to have to count on a kicker to win the game (or at least not lose it)

But…..

It’s the playoffs, and kickers matter!

And ours sucks, he is 2nd worst kicker in the entire league for missed kicks. (He may even be the worst after the Philly game)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I’m curious to know what’s going on with Jimmy G’s hand injury and if that will be a factor at all. They didn’t talk much about it during the game and it didn’t seem to slow him down any.
its not like I watch a bunch of their games but he seemed like he was throwing the ball fine to me

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
its not like I watch a bunch of their games but he seemed like he was throwing the ball fine to me

I agree

But they did mention that he will need surgery after the season is over. So it’s at least significant enough to require surgery in the future. I’m just not sure what exactly it is.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We will be knocked out of the playoffs because of his missed kick/kicks

Granted, we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be in a position to have to count on a kicker to win the game (or at least not lose it)

But…..

It’s the playoffs, and kickers matter!

And ours sucks, he is 2nd worst kicker in the entire league for missed kicks. (He may even be the worst after the Philly game)

Agree Scott. It shouldn't come down to FG's but with the way the NFL is, I can easily see it come to that. We're stuck with what we have and it's too late to make a change, or so they say. I've never been on that bandwagon. Parcells replaced a FG kicker with Martin Gramatica (I think) during the season and it worked out. It's one of the things I fault our HC and front office about.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agree Scott. It shouldn't come down to FG's but with the way the NFL is, I can easily see it come to that. We're stuck with what we have and it's too late to make a change, or so they say. I've never been on that bandwagon. Parcells replaced a FG kicker with Martin Gramatica (I think) during the season and it worked out. It's one of the things I fault our HC and front office about.
Jimmy shitcanned Lin Elliott in-season 1993, and replaced him with Eddie Murray, who was at home on the couch

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I agree

Having our kicker injured in the preseason and NOT bringing in any other kicker for competition, then just giving him the job without seeing him kick at all prior to the season was just a horrible decision on the teams part. And it has come back to haunt us already and will again.

We lost 2 games this season because of his multiple missed kicks per game.

If we won those two games we would have been #1 seed and had a bye next week and would have set a franchise record for wins.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Of all the home teams next weekend, we're the smallest favorite (3 points).
I'm not overly surprised. We don't deserve to be favored by more than that anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me either to see the line more a little more towards us less favored (maybe to 1 or 2pts) by the end of the week.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
948C0295-0236-488B-AA5F-3F0583D96CE2.jpeg
GOLD RUSH

After a crazy day of outcomes in the NFL, the Cowboys were able to move up to the No. 3 seed in the playoffs and will face the 49ers next weekend in the Wild Card round.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ZonerTards peeing their pants over Cooper and Diggs being at the National Championship game tonight.

Top Bottom