Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
May be an image of 3 people, people standing and text that says 'LOWE'S HOME TEAM PICKS AMERICA 10-5 BI TAMPaBAYB TAMPAB 79% JAC 9-6 RODNEY 9-6 SNOOP 0-0 FLORIO 9-6 $ SIMMS 6-9 MARIA 10-5 SAINTS TONY 8-7 DREW 10-5 BUCCANEERS They called me a madman'

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just heard a stat that we have only scored 1 offensive TD in the last 20 possessions which goes all the way back to week 13 I believe. That is just unbelievable. Meanwhile the idiots on the sports Chanel’s are still calling Dallas the #1 offense in the league.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just heard a stat that we have only scored 1 offensive TD in the last 20 possessions which goes all the way back to week 13 I believe. That is just unbelievable. Meanwhile the idiots on the sports Chanel’s are still calling Dallas the #1 offense in the league.

Well obviously that's wrong Scot we scored two offensive TD's yesterday alone.

That said, yeah the offense is really struggling and it's not one thing, its definitely a combination of:

1) Prescott is not playing well nor is he throwing the ball the same as he was. He is either injured or in a complete funk.
2) The OL sux
3) Kellen Moore called a terrible game yesterday and really hasnt been all that good since the Atlanta game. The other issue to me is many of his play designs/ideas are just poor right now.
4) Not as big a factor, but Zeke is clearly nowhere near 100% and probably won't be until after the season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well obviously that's wrong Scot we scored two offensive TD's yesterday alone.

That said, yeah the offense is really struggling and it's not one thing, its definitely a combination of:

1) Prescott is not playing well nor is he throwing the ball the same as he was. He is either injured or in a complete funk.
2) The OL sux
3) Kellen Moore called a terrible game yesterday and really hasnt been all that good since the Atlanta game. The other issue to me is many of his play designs/ideas are just poor right now.
4) Not as big a factor, but Zeke is clearly nowhere near 100% and probably won't be until after the season.

That stat came off a podcast that was recorded prior to yesterdays game

With the way this defense is playing we may stand a chance, even with Dak playing like shit. After yesterdays performance I have zero hope that Dak is going to magically return to his prior self that we saw before the bye.

If the Bucs can win with Brad Johnson and the Ravens can win with Trent Dilfer, we may still stand a chance with Dak if our defense can keep playing top 3 like they have for the last few weeks. Thank god our defense is peaking at the right time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the way this defense is playing we may stand a chance, even with Dak playing like shit. After yesterdays performance I have zero hope that Dak is going to magically return to his prior self that we saw before the bye.

If the Bucs can win with Brad Johnson and the Ravens can win with Trent Dilfer, we may still stand a chance with Dak if our defense can keep playing top 3 like they have for the last few weeks. Thank god our defense is peaking at the right time.

More recently, Denver won with a shell of his former self Payton Manning and the Eagles won with Nick Foles.

The defense is coming along, still would like to see more consistency from the pass rush. Giants QBs had way too much time to throw yesterday after our pass rush overwhelmed the Wokeskins the week before. I also still worry a little about teams that can really run the ball and commit to it. I know we wee missing two DTs yesterday but contrary to what the announcers thought, I wasn't impressed with the run defense.

Our special teams are pretty good if you discount the PAT problems Zuerlien has.

I do think if we want to make a real run and get to at least the NFC Champ Game and maybe the Super Bowl then our OL has to play significantly better. Right now they are pretty mediocre at best and many times just downright lousy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Will the league suspend Ty Hilton for this? Or would that only happen if he played for the Cowboys?

Belichick seems to have a legit point, why was Hilton not tossed from the game? Especially since the league apparently can intervene at THAT TIME and tell the refs to do it?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday I noted I didn't see where Michael Gallup was, then I watched this.

He's wide open literally in front of Prescott on right sideline.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield has no symptoms of anything, but wont be allowed to play in a very important game for his team tonight.

#NFLsuxass

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Greg the leg has been an issue since game 1 when he cost us the win against the Bucs. He missed 3 kicks in that game if I remember correctly. Two FG and 1 PAT. Granted one of the FG was a long shot (50+) but the other one wasn’t.

He has been inconsistent all year long and cost us more than one win.

Having him be hit or miss going into the playoffs will certainly spell certain doom

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn’t he too 1 or 2 in drops last season too?
I don't recall but info may be out there somewhere.

I think as a team we ranked very high (maybe top-3) in total drops last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Greg the leg has been an issue since game 1 when he cost us the win against the Bucs. He missed 3 kicks in that game if I remember correctly. Two FG and 1 PAT. Granted one of the FG was a long shot (50+) but the other one wasn’t.

He has been inconsistent all year long and cost us more than one win.

Having him be hit or miss going into the playoffs will certainly spell certain doom
In his defense, he's only inconsistent on PATs.

He's only missed 2 FG's under 50 yards, he has 3 misses over 50 and one of those was that ridiculous decision to try a 59 yd FG a few weeks ago.

That said, the CFL guy we had kick vs Atlanta drilled all 5 PATS down the middle and every kickoff was a touchback. He looked like he had some talent and had a great reputation from CFL. The Redskins signed him to their PS a couple weeks ago.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't recall but info may be out there somewhere.

I think as a team we ranked very high (maybe top-3) in total drops last year.
Eagles weren't the only fools for passing on Justin Jefferson.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eagles weren't the only fools for passing on Justin Jefferson.
We drafted a top-notch WR though and they didn't. They vastly reached for a guy.

I don't think we are "fools", Lamb was expected my many to be a top-10 pick before draft day.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In his defense, he's only inconsistent on PATs.

He's only missed 2 FG's under 50 yards, he has 3 misses over 50 and one of those was that ridiculous decision to try a 59 yd FG a few weeks ago.

That said, the CFL guy we had kick vs Atlanta drilled all 5 PATS down the middle and every kickoff was a touchback. He looked like he had some talent and had a great reputation from CFL. The Redskins signed him to their PS a couple weeks ago.

The guy’s nickname if “Greg the Leg” because he was known for making the long kicks.

Now granted, the 59 yarder is pushing it. But nevertheless, he has been inconsistent to a point where we can’t trust him and MM has had to adjust the game plan because of it.

Top Bottom