dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
how good does LVE have to play to warrant an extension ?

plays in every game ?
team leader in tackles ?
pro bowl ?
all pro ?
injury history shouldn't warrant an extension ?

Stay healthy and play similar to 2018, he'll get a new deal.

Play ok but be hurt a lot, might get a 1yr deal.

Otherwise gone.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas — The Cowboys released six players Wednesday to make room for more than 20 draft picks and rookie free agents on the 90-man roster:

• DT Antwaun Woods
  • CB Saivion Smith
  • C Adam Redmond
  • DT Walter Palmore
  • DE Ladarius Hamilton
  • CB Kemon Hall
Woods and Redmond were released as vested veterans. Smith, Palmore, Hamilton and Hall were waived.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
4 of them that we released I didn’t even know we’re on the team

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
glad they moved on from redmond, he has been here taking up space for too long

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was wondering about backup QB after we didn't take another one on the draft, looks like it might be this guy:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Career record in starts, 1-8. 13 tds and 8 ints. Has been sacked quite a bit and is a career less than 60% passer (albeit on some bad teams)

Big guy though at 6'4, 235, played at Florida but played his last season at Louisian Tech and had a big yr, 6th rd pick of Niners in 2016. Has played for SF, Cinci, Detroit and Denver.

Some might remember he started for Detroit against us in 2019 and had a pretty good day passing and running.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This is odd. We're waiving a starter without having seen any of the rookies practice/play at the NFL level. Is it telling of just how bad our players are/were that we waive them for relative unknown 2nd day picks?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Career record in starts, 1-8. 13 tds and 8 ints. Has been sacked quite a bit and is a career less than 60% passer (albeit on some bad teams)

Big guy though at 6'4, 235, played at Florida but played his last season at Louisian Tech and had a big yr, 6th rd pick of Niners in 2016. Has played for SF, Cinci, Detroit and Denver.

Some might remember he started for Detroit against us in 2019 and had a pretty good day passing and running.

I like Gilbert better as a back-up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
To be honest, I really could care less who we have at backup QB. If Dak goes down again we will have a top ten pick next year. Unless he goes down at the end of the season. Either way, when he goes down our season is over no matter who we have at back up. There aren’t any decent back ups out there right now that would be able to step in and carry the team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is odd. We're waiving a starter without having seen any of the rookies practice/play at the NFL level. Is it telling of just how bad our players are/were that we waive them for relative unknown 2nd day picks?
Far too expensive to keep vs. how little he produced.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Far too expensive to keep vs. how little he produced.

2.1 million is too rich for your blood for a starting DT? He played well enough to get a contract with Dallas. This team is a shit show.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest, I really could care less who we have at backup QB. If Dak goes down again we will have a top ten pick next year. Unless he goes down at the end of the season. Either way, when he goes down our season is over no matter who we have at back up. There aren’t any decent back ups out there right now that would be able to step in and carry the team.

You're being far too optimistic Scott. We may have a top 10 pick with a healthy Dak.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
2.1 million is too rich for your blood for a starting DT? He played well enough to get a contract with Dallas. This team is a shit show.
Starting DT in THE most porus run D in team history. Starting DT who wasn't productive or effective. Only one of many who need to be shit canned. It's no loss.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i like minshew as a backup qb if DAL were able to trade for him

it would be a disaster if dak goes on IR again or if his ankle is a lingering issue.. which for this team usually means its going to happen

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Starting DT in THE most porus run D in team history. Starting DT who wasn't productive or effective. Only one of many who need to be shit canned. It's no loss.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Antwan Woods or the D. It's comical to me that we gave this guy a contract and now feel 2.1 million too rich for a starting DT. It says more about our ability to identify and draft talent.

Dbair and I went back and forth about our talent level and drafts some time ago. It's atrocious, IMO. 2.1 million is peanuts for a starting DT in the NFL. The fact you don't want to pay it AND the player was a starter says more about the front office and talent evaluators.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending Antwan Woods or the D. It's comical to me that we gave this guy a contract and now feel 2.1 million too rich for a starting DT. It says more about our ability to identify and draft talent.

Dbair and I went back and forth about our talent level and drafts some time ago. It's atrocious, IMO. 2.1 million is peanuts for a starting DT in the NFL. The fact you don't want to pay it AND the player was a starter says more about the front office and talent evaluators.
Maybe somebody (Quinn perhaps) is looking at the D roster with a more trained eye and so therefore six of the 13 players who started and/or played more than 40% of our defensive snaps in 2020 have retired or are no longer with the team. A major purge was needed, we've all agreed on that for at least three years.

Top Bottom