Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL app just released its rating of the top offenses in the league and they ranked the Cowboys as #1 then the Chiefs #2, the Ravens #3, then the Bucks #4, and Falcons at #5

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The NFL app just released its rating of the top offenses in the league and they ranked the Cowboys as #1 then the Chiefs #2, the Ravens #3, then the Bucks #4, and Falcons at #5
That's a little bit of an eyebrow raiser. 4th or 5th would be more likely at best from what I've seen. Don't know how they're calculating this but they must have given us a lot of points for the new coach and CeeDee.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's a little bit of an eyebrow raiser. 4th or 5th would be more likely at best from what I've seen. Don't know how they're calculating this but they must have given us a lot of points for the new coach and CeeDee.
Yeah. Could we maybe see em play a couple games first? Whoever came up with that is jumping over two new starters on the O Line and no time to jell.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s based off of Dak’s stats last season along with the addition of CeDee Lamb and a real coach. Apparently everyone is already willing to crown CeeDee as the new air apparent #1 WR without ever seeing him set foot on an NFL field

Below is the write up from the article

Rank
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys
The 2019 Cowboys ranked first in total offense and sixth in scoring. And honestly? You ain't seen nothing yet! Dallas' offensive numbers are about to explode.

Mike McCarthy is a terrific head coach -- and a major upgrade over Jason Garrett. He's going to get the most out of Dak Prescott, who is somehow still playing for a long-term deal. Dak set career highs in passing yards (4,902), yards per attempt (8.2) and TD tosses (30) in 2019. Jerry and Stephen Jones should've locked him up, because Prescott's production -- and his price tag -- will only go up under the watchful eye of McCarthy. Especially with the wealth of receiving riches at the quarterback's disposal. The Cowboys' WR trio is eye-popping. Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup each eclipsed 1,100 yards last season. They obviously have a great rapport with No. 4. And then there's the All-American wideout who fell into Dallas' lap at No. 17 overall in April's draft. CeeDee Lamb will be an instant star at The Star. In fact, I think he'll be the best receiver on the team this season. Yes, he's that big a talent, an absolute killer in big spots.

And I haven't even mentioned Ezekiel Elliott, who remains the straw that stirs the drink on this Cowboys offense. In his four NFL seasons, he's claimed two rushing titles (and led the NFL in rushing yards per game three times). Last year, he got off to a slow start following a 40-day contract holdout. And still, he rushed for 1,357 yards and 12 touchdowns, while catching 54 balls for 420 yards and two more scores. At 25, he remains squarely in his prime and will dazzle behind an offensive line that the grading gurus over at Pro Football Focus rank as the No. 3 group in football entering the 2020 campaign.

Simply put, America's team has America's elite offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Well we did move the ball at will (#1 in yards) and scored 434 pts last yr, and that was with an utter buffoon HC and staff.

The Chiefs took a couple hits with key players opting out IIRC.

McCarthy's offenses in Green Bay were pretty prolific and while he had the better QB there, the other 10 (11 if you count 3rd WR) collectively were not as good as what he is going to have here.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
more from Dak on big mike:

"He’s a very, very genuine guy. I think that’s the first thing that hit off with the team. When he got in front of the team and when he walks around the building, you feel it. When he talks, you hear it. And then you see it just in his actions. I think that’s huge when you’re coaching a football team and being a leader, to be genuine like that, to be transparent. That’s the way he’s been.

"I think from the offensive line to the receivers out wide, everybody knows why and everybody knows their purpose and everybody knows where they need to be and the whole point of that within the play. I think that just gives us all knowledge. We’re somewhat veteran guys, young guys who have played a lot of football early in their careers, but I wouldn’t say that we’ve been as smart as we’ve needed to be within the game of football. I think that’s what these coaches have come and added and just got us all speaking the same language. I think that’s going to be huge."

Top Bottom