dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it just me? Or did the Dez gonna make a comeback, sign Dez, he needs to be a Cowboy again bullshit retarded fan diarrhea of the mouth all come to a real quick end as soon as they gave his #88 to CeeDee Lamb?

We were seeing workout videos of Dez every now and then up until they gave his number away

Then it seems all Dez talk just stopped

It was never happening. Just some ****** Zoners wetdream.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Is it just me? Or did the Dez gonna make a comeback, sign Dez, he needs to be a Cowboy again bullshit retarded fan diarrhea of the mouth all come to a real quick end as soon as they gave his #88 to CeeDee Lamb?

We were seeing workout videos of Dez every now and then up until they gave his number away

Then it seems all Dez talk just stopped
Eh, he's still working out, still claiming he's in the best shape of his life, but less and less attention is being paid to him. Difference being a lot of Cowboys fans have left the building.Lots of receiver thirsty team's fans still egging him on. Lots of Raiders talk from what I've seen. But his interactions on social media have gone way down.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eh, he's still working out, still claiming he's in the best shape of his life, but less and less attention is being paid to him. Difference being a lot of Cowboys fans have left the building.Lots of receiver thirsty team's fans still egging him on. Lots of Raiders talk from what I've seen. But his interactions on social media have gone way down.

I heard recently that the Saints are still interested in signing him. If he is signed by a team I would not expect it until week 2 or 3. If he’s signed after week 1 his contract would not be guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what makes me happiest about the off season ... no Rod
I remember too many games with decent athletes schemed out of contention
like this one - watching the tape it's like they never saw a zone scheme before, it's weird to look at

or this one

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
0d6d8882d89d6ec8d2f1969a640991eb.jpg

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I heard recently that the Saints are still interested in signing him. If he is signed by a team I would not expect it until week 2 or 3. If he’s signed after week 1 his contract would not be guaranteed.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out him getting a look, maybe even signed somewhere.
I mean, Ted Ginn, Jr keeps getting signed.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I think this is a Jones and Goodell thing more than what Randy has or hasn't done

Apparently he’s pissed clean this entire time he’s been out. All I know is with or without Gregory the pass rush is screwed if Lawrence gets hurt and has to miss time.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Apparently he’s pissed clean this entire time he’s been out. All I know is with or without Gregory the pass rush is screwed if Lawrence gets hurt and has to miss time.

true. the key issue being being healthy and deep come late season,
they'll have to put the best guys on the field in rotation early

with a new staff and scheme some edge talent may come from DEs we haven't seen much
guys like Jackson and Jelks have good potential, so does Anae
but Aldon and or Randy are key, they have first rate talent

it's DT rush that has me really concerns, Gallimore and Hill really need to deliver.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
LVE made a comment last week that he has been practicing a a different position. I would not be surprised if Jaylon and LVE will occasionally line up at OLB and rush from there.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
LVE made a comment last week that he has been practicing a a different position.
They're moving him to Mike and Smith to outside. Not a bright move with LVE's spinal defect, yeah let's depend on that guy to take/deliver most of the hits.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They're moving him to Mike and Smith to outside. Not a bright move with LVE's spinal defect, yeah let's depend on that guy to take/deliver most of the hits.

It really doesn't make that much difference, as LVE explained when they asked him about it. They play more nickel sets than anything else, and in those there's just two LB's on the field. We really don't play a lot of true 4-3 sets anyway.

I also thing the "physical toll" thing is overplayed now, as very few teams focus on running the ball. It's a passing league.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I think you also have to factor in that they have beefed up the middle of that DL too. Both LVE and Jaylon shouldn’t have to take on as many OL as they did in Marinelli’s system.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It really doesn't make that much difference, as LVE explained when they asked him about it. They play more nickel sets than anything else, and in those there's just two LB's on the field. We really don't play a lot of true 4-3 sets anyway.

I also thing the "physical toll" thing is overplayed now, as very few teams focus on running the ball. It's a passing league.
Hope. Still the plan in Dallas. We moved Sean Lee to the outside because MLB is too physical, we needed to keep him on the field. Now suddenly it's not a problem. Even for a guy with a spinal defect.

And why? For gadgetry. They want to get Jaylon Smith more blitzing/pass rush opportunities.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hope. Still the plan in Dallas. We moved Sean Lee to the outside because MLB is too physical, we needed to keep him on the field. Now suddenly it's not a problem. Even for a guy with a spinal defect.

And why? For gadgetry. They want to get Jaylon Smith more blitzing/pass rush opportunities.

all 4 of our top LBs have had serious injuries, and bet each of them play all 3 LB spots at some point this season
scheming up more blitzes is fine with me
including LVE on an inside / outside blitz
this D has a super quick back 7 - use 'em

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

What an ignorant post Dooms.

First, this isnt the same coaches or the same scheme we ran when they moved Lee. The idea of protecting Lee "more" was only part of the reason they moved him before.

That said, coaches wanting to put players into the best positions to have success is a good idea, not a stupid one (as you seem to suggest). I realize its been 15 years or so since we've done that kind of thing around here, so maybe that's why you don't understand the philosophy.

But since you made the asinine statement, how would you line these guys up?

Top Bottom