MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I still believe that if he doesn’t sign an extension by the 15th he will not be the Cowboys QB in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still believe that if he doesn’t sign an extension by the 15th he will not be the Cowboys QB in 2021.

I'm like 90% sure they tag him again. This FO does not have the foresight to replace him that quick.

I do feel that if he doesn't sign an extension by the 15th he will absolutely not be the Cowboys QB in 2022. Once that deadline passes, this becomes the Kirk Cousins/Redskins situation.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
212ef443eadb40526686bdacd5db3a5f.jpg

That's not the TV I had.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Cowboys’ QB Dak Prescott is planning to sign his $31.4 million exclusive franchise tender by Monday, source tells ESPN. The two sides still now have until July 15 to work out a long-term deal.
1:27 PM · Jun 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Impossible, CZ experts swore he was going to hold out and disrupt the team, lockerroom and season.

They are thew one's truly in the know.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Why would they let him walk away for nothing?

He's almost assuredly going to have a good, if not huge year (if there is a season). The Cowboys can tag him again if they want, they won't let him walk as a free agent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Buried in the ESPN article I saw earlier today, but supposedly Jamal Adams wants to be traded to Dallas bad enough that he would not insist on a new deal now if it helped get a deal done.

A source said Adams wants to play for the Cowboys so much that he might be willing to table extension talks.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why would they let him walk away for nothing?

He's almost assuredly going to have a good, if not huge year (if there is a season). The Cowboys can tag him again if they want, they won't let him walk as a free agent.

Do you see them possibly trading Dak mid year?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
one of two things will happen:
1) He'll play well
2) He won't play well.

If he plays well, he will still want a huge contract with a large signing bonus and guaranteed money. Whatever his agent wants now, he will want more. If the team is reluctant to pull that trigger now, they will be have that same reluctance next year.

If he doesn't play well, he and his agent will claim it was due to the pressure of playing under the tag. The Cowboys still won't have his replacement (Dalton is under a 1-year deal) so they would have to draft or sign his replacement; the Cowboys have shown little ability to find a franchise-caliber QB for two and half decades. They fell ass backwards into both Romo and Dak.

Basically, the idea that Dak will come back down to earth and agree to a more team-friendly deal next off-season is extremely unlikely.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Buried in the ESPN article I saw earlier today, but supposedly Jamal Adams wants to be traded to Dallas bad enough that he would not insist on a new deal now if it helped get a deal done.

I dont want to give up a number one pick but he is a difference maker and there arent many of those out there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys have shown little ability to find a franchise-caliber QB for two and half decades. They fell ass backwards into both Romo and Dak.

The big difference now is the guy leading the team, who has a genuine track record for QB development success.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Barbie Crapenter

The fact that his dad played, he went to a major program, and the fact that he was being coached by one of the best LB coaches of all time (Parcels) I expected him not to suck. He ended up sucking more than probably any LB I have ever seen.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
anybody wanna share theirs ? prob mo claiborne for me

Not necessarily a pick but we did trade a 3rd rounder for him: Drew Henson. I remember watching him in college and thinking he had all the tools and I was super excited when we picked him up. Probably would have been the 1st overall pick had he stayed with football instead of leaving college for baseball. When I saw him in NFL Europe, I was shocked at his regression. Everything was ugly.....his release, reading defenses, pocket presence, everything.......

Last edited:
Top Bottom