MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I agree that BB is the outlier. I just think there's way more issues here than the scheme. It's been reported that guys are just doing their own thing. Outside containment is not an NFL philosophy and it just seems like no one hustles to the ball or ball carrier. It's really bad fundamentals by an undisciplined team. At some point, you have to gut the defense if this keeps up. Guys should be playing for their jobs. Hot Boyz my ass.

They’re more like the Hot Garbage Boyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now you want us to keep the old scheme?
Haven't seen anyone say anything like that. But certainly, an actual scheme is better than no scheme at all? We sure haven't seen a Dallas D this horrid since 1960. Not even close.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't know that you can make a definitive claim like "Belichick isn't doing anything complex."
It's not a "claim" it's his modus operandi. "Keep it simple stupid" is his core value. He takes away what you do best and schools his players in the art. Keeps sound fundemental football at the top of everything he does or says. No gimmicks no gadgets and no nonsense.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Old scheme sucked so much that it gave up all-time historic points totals and rushing yardage?

at times actually yes,

I have to tip my hat to Romo and JG for getting to 8-8 in some of those seasons
that is one of the embarrassing stats JG has, but each of those seasons they were within one drive of the playoffs
and in those 3 seasons the Boys had I think their worst and 3rd worst defenses ever
in at least one year they allowed the most rushing TDs, in another they were 30th.

hate to say it, the last 2 games reminded me of those days, a few games last year did too. defense utterly collapsing with a scheme change, guys out of position, getting hurt, confusion ... but JGs teams hustled

to top it off Dak ended back to back shoot outs with unforced INTs on dumb passes
yeah, reminds me of a lot of TR / JG's 8-8 years

umm, maybe, just maybe, it's JJ ... remember Nick Hayden and Jeff Heath, the same spots are still weak,
and we are still flipping LGs for some mystic reason, go figure the games blown due to this one position, it goes on

combined with bad change management (i.e. JJ) ... apply Murphy's Law ... they are allowing 40+ a game.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see how the team responds to MM this week

and I wonder about his confidence, he's 5-10 in his last 15 regular season games

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not a "claim" it's his modus operandi. "Keep it simple stupid" is his core value. He takes away what you do best and schools his players in the art. Keeps sound fundemental football at the top of everything he does or says. No gimmicks no gadgets and no nonsense.

Maybe we're just stupid, untalented and lack effort?

Top Bottom