icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
man all sorts ppl are watching the film, posting about the inadequacies and completely nuking the cowboys staff and players

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What would these guys do with a mad scientist like Belichick? The guy designs a different game plan every week. He takes no name players and they play within a scheme. He'll line up 3-4 or 4-3 to try to take a way what the opposing offense does well. I don[
't buy the argument the scheme is too complicated. Landry ran a complicated scheme and he thought the scheme was so good you could plug and play.
Belechick doesn't sign dumb players. And when he detects a dumb player that fucker either gets cut or traded.

Belechick isn't doing anything at all complex. He is putting decent players in the best position for them to do well.

And most importantly and particularly... He doesn't install a totally NEW scheme with totally NEW terminology in an offseason where there is no training camp to speak of and no preseason games!
I don't buy the argument the scheme is too complicated.
It's gadgetry. It's complicated in its gadgetry. Neither Tom or Bill subscribe to gadgetry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You can't revert back to the old scheme. Why would we do that?
Why would we completely and totally change everything, in a season where there's a truncated training camp and no preseason games? Throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's incompetent and it's malpractice.

Old scheme sucked so much that it gave up all-time historic points totals and rushing yardage?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Belechick doesn't sign dumb players. And when he detects a dumb player that fucker either gets cut or traded.

Belechick isn't doing anything at all complex. He is putting decent players in the best position for them to do well.

And most importantly and particularly... He doesn't install a totally NEW scheme with totally NEW terminology in an offseason where there is no training camp to speak of and no preseason games!

It's gadgetry. It's complicated in its gadgetry. Neither Tom or Bill subscribe to gadgetry.
belichick doesnt do anything fancy on defense, but he always happens to neutralize the opposing team's best weapon(s). but on offense in the playoffs vs the ravens af ew years back, belichick got harbaugh furious by lining ineligble players up as a slot receiver while at the same time lining up a TE at tackle and tossing passes to him in hte middle of the field. the pats were getting WALLOPED in the 1st half, but belichick saved the trickery shit until the 2nd half so the ravens did not have a chance to talk about how to handle it at half time... always chess not checkers.

the smart/stupid thing is 1000% accurate. NE players are quizzed on their opponent throughout the week leading up to the game. you better believe that every player on the patriots roster knows every in-and-out of their opposing position group that they're going up against. i wouldnt call belichick's methods complex either, but they are predicated on hard work, preparation, and repetition. and shutting the fuck up and doing your job--complete opposite of DAL

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
yes, drop the snap counts of some of the established guys or even bench them? what do the coaches have to lose now? fuck it

Exactly! It’s not like you could do worse, you’re already the worst of ALL TIME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jaylon plays scared. When he blitzes he just runs into someone and is careful not to get rolled over on. It's understandable considering his knee. He doesn't want to cut, take certain angles, or get mixed up in the scrum. I think some of it is just the Garrett mentality for some of these pampered players. They don't fear for their starting position or job. When you have multiple analysts tell you they lack effort and hustle, that's very telling.

Maybe that’s something we should be factoring in. Garrett had these guys so brainwashed with his rhetoric for so long that now that another coach is trying to team them something different, they are having to unlearn all the bullshit first. Either they suck really hard.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What would these guys do with a mad scientist like Belichick? The guy designs a different game plan every week. He takes no name players and they play within a scheme. He'll line up 3-4 or 4-3 to try to take a way what the opposing offense does well. I don't buy the argument the scheme is too complicated. Landry ran a complicated scheme and he thought the scheme was so good you could plug and play.

Belichick I think is the outlier. He’s the enigma, or unicorn. Could he turn these players into a winning defense, more than like yea. He’s probably the only one though.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
In summary, after 4 weeks...
120930840_3765531603493500_3585766227831807583_o.jpg

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This scheme has them playing scared because it's designed with a scared philosophy

maybe
but what's the scheme?
can what we've seen be actually described schematically? :)
hard to call it scary when the players ain't paying attention ... they are at best, "confused"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't know that you can make a definitive claim like "Belichick isn't doing anything complex." He develops game-plans around each team's strengths. It might change week to week. This is a given. he's said himself he is not a slave to one particular defense.

I can buy the idea that the players are having a hard time learning the new system. But they lack hustle and effort. The Gimp is just atrocious. Our #1 DE doesn't have a sack. Crawford hasn't done shit either. It goes far deeper than the scheme.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why would we completely and totally change everything, in a season where there's a truncated training camp and no preseason games? Throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's incompetent and it's malpractice.

Old scheme sucked so much that it gave up all-time historic points totals and rushing yardage?

Our previous scheme sucked as well and a change needed to be made. No one would have disagreed with that. It was awful. Now you want us to keep the old scheme?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Belichick I think is the outlier. He’s the enigma, or unicorn. Could he turn these players into a winning defense, more than like yea. He’s probably the only one though.

I agree that BB is the outlier. I just think there's way more issues here than the scheme. It's been reported that guys are just doing their own thing. Outside containment is not an NFL philosophy and it just seems like no one hustles to the ball or ball carrier. It's really bad fundamentals by an undisciplined team. At some point, you have to gut the defense if this keeps up. Guys should be playing for their jobs. Hot Boyz my ass.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe and I can't totally disagree. Garrett had many years to put his stamp on this team and failed miserably. He was just not a good coach and lacked experience. This is MM's first year. And I think he's a better coach. The mindset and some of these players need to be purged. I know if the D doesn't improve Mike Nolan won't be here next year. In the past, we had to live year in and year out with Kiffin and Marinelli. Not happening with this HC.
I just can't help but think that this league has passed Jerry and the front office by
Instead of "trying" something new (Rhule, Kingsbury, Shanahan) etc he recycles the old school looking to catch that old glory and it has been a hot mess
I likes Cowherd's take that all Jerry hires are yes men and people that can be controlled what is underneath them and not people that may be smarter than them
Peter Schrager mentioned that the current Colts D coordinator is Eberflus who was our LB coach under Garrett a few years back but was never given the opportunity to coordinate the D
This is such a culture issue and I always go back to needing the Jones plane to crash for this organization to have any shot at making the change it needs to to move forward
Its disheartening for me to be a fan right now and like Dodger I don't get mad any more with the losses knowing who is running this team but it hurts watching this team

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think Jerry is at it again. He is doing with Moore the same way he did with Garrett. Jerry wants to be a kingmaker and prove Jimmy Johnson wrong, in that all you have to do is assemble the talent, and HC be damned.
This is so on point but I will even add that its not even be damned the coach its wanting to do "his way" with some old crusty has been who "has" won
he is just hiring a bunch of retreads instead of going out on a limb and giving something fresh a shot even if it would have Meyer
This organization is fucken doomed until the whole Jones clan goes by the wayside

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It wasn't all that long ago that we had another historically bad defense and the year(s) escapes me. There are other factors at work and I'm wondering if Jerry/Stephen don't interject themselves in the game day decision making process. Different players, different coaches, same result.

Wait, what?

Time to see an ophthalmologist and/or optometrist...

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just can't help but think that this league has passed Jerry and the front office by
Instead of "trying" something new (Rhule, Kingsbury, Shanahan) etc he recycles the old school looking to catch that old glory and it has been a hot mess
I likes Cowherd's take that all Jerry hires are yes men and people that can be controlled what is underneath them and not people that may be smarter than them
Peter Schrager mentioned that the current Colts D coordinator is Eberflus who was our LB coach under Garrett a few years back but was never given the opportunity to coordinate the D
This is such a culture issue and I always go back to needing the Jones plane to crash for this organization to have any shot at making the change it needs to to move forward
Its disheartening for me to be a fan right now and like Dodger I don't get mad any more with the losses knowing who is running this team but it hurts watching this team

I said it early on that I was happy Jerry went outside the box and brought in a career HC. Is it the right one? Time will tell. But he's a guy that worked his way up the coaching ranks. He's also a guy that takes the heat for the players. I don't buy the line that he didn't see a lack of effort. I'd bet he sees it and he'll address things behind the scenes.

The Kellen Moore thing is baffling though. Who the fuck is KM? For an offensive coach with a different scheme to keep KM around is more about Dak and possibly JJ. Eberflus wasn't wasn't staying here. Jerry fucks young coaches from progressing in their careers unless they're part of the family portrait. He did the same with a veteran coach like Callahan. For Callahan to have to take "direction" from an inexperienced dolt like Garrett had to be awful and disgusting. But we evaluate coaches based on different criteria.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Our previous scheme sucked as well and a change needed to be made. No one would have disagreed with that. It was awful. Now you want us to keep the old scheme?

I don’t think the scheme sucked. Marinelli sucked but the scheme works fine. Eberflus is running the same scheme in Indy as their DC and they have the #1 defense in the NFL.

Top Bottom