icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
iirc we kept richard and let eburflues leave.. good times

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The first thing they need to figure out is if they want to be 3-4 or 4-3 defense. This “hybrid” shit they were talking about before season just means they don’t know what the fuck they’re doing. They literally look lost out there. If they are going to go with a 3-4 why not just bring Wade Phillips back? He’s always been a good DC and he’s currently not coaching in the NFL. Hell at this point even Wilson Phillips would be a better option than Mike Nolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Jesus Lord Christ Almighty, give our entire team COVID so this will stop.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
NFL'S HIGHEST PAID EDGE RUSHERS (AVG. SALARY)
1. Myles Garrett, CLE, $25 million
2. Khalil Mack, CHI, $23.5 million
3. DLaw, DAL, $21 million
4. Frank Clark, KC, $20.8 million
5. Von Miller, DEN, $19.1 million
6. Trey Flowers, DET, $18 million
7. Cam Jordan, NO, $17.5 million
8. Dee Ford, SF, $17 million
8. Arik Armstead, SF, $17 million
10. Matt Judon, BAL, $16.8

...OF THE PLAYERS LISTED ABOVE...

...SINCE 2018...

GAMES PLAYED (36 TOTAL)
1. DLaw, 36
2. Khalil Mack, 34
2. Trey Flowers, 34
2. Cam Jordan, 34
2. Arik Armstead, 34
2. Matt Judon, 34
7. Frank Clark, 33
8. Von Miller, 31
9. Myles Garrett, 30
10. Dee Ford, 28

QB HITS
1. Matt Judon, 61
2. Myles Garrett, 53
3. Cam Jordan, 48
4. Von Miller, 46
5. Trey Flowers, 43
6. Frank Clark, 42
7. DLaw, 39
7. Arik Armstead, 39
9. Khalil Mack, 35
9. Dee Ford, 35

TACKLE FOR LOSS
1. Cam Jordan, 35
2. Matt Judon, 27
3. DLaw, 26
4. Myles Garrett, 25
5. Frank Clark, 24
5. Von Miller, 24
7. Khalil Mack, 20
8. Trey Flowers, 19
8. Dee Ford, 19
8. Arik Armstead, 19

SACKS
1. Myles Garrett, 28.5
1. Cam Jordan, 28.5
3. Frank Clark, 23
4. Von Miller, 22.5
4. Khalil Mack, 22.5
6. Dee Ford, 19.5
7. Matt Judon, 18.5
8. DLaw, 15.5
9. Trey Flowers, 15.5
10. Arik Armstead, 14.5

FORCED FUMBLES
1. Khalil Mack, 11
2. Dee Ford, 9
3. Myles Garrett, 8
4. Frank Clark, 6
4. Trey Flowers, 6
6. Matt Judon, 5
7. DLaw, 4
7. Von Miller, 4
9. Arik Armstead, 2
10. Cam Jordan, 1

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here is how our D stacks up across the league thru 4 games
6b5bf636a4196e472c576ac14820d9c1.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wasn't all that long ago that we had another historically bad defense and the year(s) escapes me. There are other factors at work and I'm wondering if Jerry/Stephen don't interject themselves in the game day decision making process. Different players, different coaches, same result.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
iirc we kept richard and let eburflues leave.. good times

I'm not so sure Eberflus wanted to stay and I believe Jerry didn't allow him to interview for a coordinator's job when he was here. The culture at Dallas is tough for any coach. It's nepotism and these guy know that no matter how well they do their job, you're not going anywhere until you kiss Jerry's ring and then suck his cock when no one is looking. And even then you'll have guys like Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore that will always suck dick better than you anyway. They've been doing it their whole life to get ahead.

The best we could hope for was MM......

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It wasn't all that long ago that we had another historically bad defense and the year(s) escapes me. There are other factors at work and I'm wondering if Jerry/Stephen don't interject themselves in the game day decision making process. Different players, different coaches, same result.
Rob Ryan and Monte Kiffin say hello

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Eberflus wanted to stay and I believe Jerry didn't allow him to interview for a coordinator's job when he was here. The culture at Dallas is tough for any coach. It's nepotism and these guy know that no matter how well they do their job, you're not going anywhere until you kiss Jerry's ring and then suck his cock when no one is looking. And even then you'll have guys like Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore that will always suck dick better than you anyway. They've been doing it their whole life to get ahead.

The best we could hope for was MM......

The #1 requirement to coach for the Cowboys is:
"a whiff of desperation"

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry always has to take that risk so people will think he's the smartest guy in the room and a football guy.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

1601924415309.png

What the Hell Is Going On in the NFC East?​

The Eagles took over first place in the division on Sunday night by barely beating the 49ers and earning their first win of the season. Can the Cowboys, Giants, or Washington pull things together, or is this division destined to be a mess all season?

By Danny Heifetz Oct 5, 2020, 12:27pm EDT

My mother once told me that if I have nothing nice to say, I shouldn’t say anything at all. Relatedly, she and I haven’t discussed the NFC East this season.

The league’s worst division—or, uh, eighth-best division—is a combined 2-11-1 against non-divisional opponents this season. The Philadelphia Eagles won their first game of the year on October 4, and that was somehow enough to vault them into first place. The Eagles have the top spot to themselves because last week, they eked out an overtime tie with Cincinnati, the league’s worst team in 2019.

The entire division smells. Washington, whose only win is against Philadelphia and is 1-3 on the season, is in second place. Also at 1-3 is Dallas, a team that needed a miraculous comeback win against Atlanta to avoid starting 0-4. Pulling up the rearest of rears is the Giants, who have scored the fewest points in the NFL. Only five teams have turned the ball over more than seven times—four of those are in the NFC East, and the division has been outscored by 125 points already through four games. The AFC East is the only other division to be outscored by even 25.

Screen_Shot_2020_10_05_at_10.51.15_AM.png

With such a sad start to the season, let’s look at the four NFC East teams and see which of these wretches is going to emerge with a playoff spot—and maybe we’ll even find something nice to say about them along the way.

Dallas Cowboys (1-3)​

The Cowboys started their game against the Browns on Sunday by taking a 14-7 lead. That was good. Then they allowed Cleveland to score 27 consecutive points. That was bad. Dallas lost 49-38, which wasn’t as bad as it could have been considering Cleveland had 31 points at halftime, the franchise’s largest total at half since 1991. This loss was embarrassing, but when you remember it was to the Browns, it becomes humiliating.

The frustrating part for Cowboys fans is that the offense looks great. Quarterback Dak Prescott had 502 passing yards on Sunday. He is the first quarterback to throw for more than 450 yards in consecutive games, and he has hit career highs in back-to-back weeks. But Dak also became just the third quarterback in NFL history to throw for 500 or more yards and four touchdowns in a game and lose. As Dak said after the game, “I’d give all those yards back for a different record.”

But Prescott isn’t the one giving yards back—that would be the defense, which has been a disaster. The Cowboys have allowed 36.5 points per game this season, the most in franchise history through four games. That figure is even worse than what Dallas let up when the team went 0-11-1 as an expansion franchise in 1960.

“What I don’t like is the pattern of the four games,” head coach Mike McCarthy said on Sunday. “The points are outrageous, time of possession is totally lopsided, and we’re minus-7 in the turnover ratio. Not a winning formula.” Or, in the words of defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, “I call the shit soft.”

Dallas’s softening on defense is a result of some unfortunate injuries—and a lack of money. Prescott has the highest cap hit of any quarterback this season; running back Ezekiel Elliott has the third-highest cap hit of any running back; and next year, Amari Cooper will have the second-highest cap hit of any wide receiver (not to mention the team still has to give Prescott a long-term contract). To fund this, Dallas decided to let top cornerback Byron Jones leave for Miami in free agency this offseason. So when injuries put the Cowboys’ other top cornerbacks, Chidobe Awuzie and Anthony Brown, on IR, the team’s backups were caught flat-footed. Inside linebackers Leighton Vander Esch and Sean Lee are on injured reserve too, and Dallas’s healthy linebacker, Jaylon Smith, has played poorly. Worse, the players the Cowboys are paying on defense have been bad. Defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, who will have the position’s second-highest cap hit next season ($25 million), ranked 50th in Pro Football Focus’s pass pressure grading through three games.

Without good pass rush or pass coverage, Dallas has been shredded through the air. Russell Wilson threw for 315 yards and five touchdowns against this group in Week 3, and Matt Ryan threw for four touchdown passes in Week 2. Shoddy pass defense is expected without the team’s top three cornerbacks from 2019, but the flabbergasting part is that somehow, the run defense might be worse. The Cowboys gave up 307 rushing yards (7.7 yards per carry) to Cleveland on Sunday, the worst mark in Dallas history. And that figure happened despite starting running back Nick Chubb injuring his knee in the first half and not returning.

All that ineptitude is a shame considering the talent on the other side of the ball. Dallas’s offense might be the best in the NFC. Rookie receiver CeeDee Lamb has 309 receiving yards in four games, one of the highest marks for a rookie over the past decade, and tight end Dalton Schultz has emerged as a legitimate replacement for the injured Blake Jarwin. The passing game is making up for the rushing: Elliott has just one carry of more than 15 yards this season, but he fumbled on that run. Prescott, not Elliott, is the engine of this offense, which is great for Dallas—except he is the one piece the Cowboys have managed not to extend to a long-term deal. On the bright side, the Cowboys host the Giants next week, and New York’s offensive coordinator is none other than former Dallas coach Jason Garrett. But if Garrett’s offense shreds the Cowboys defense, expect Jerry Jones to have an existential crisis.

Top Bottom