InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
At Jacksons convince store we limit to 8 people, no refill cups. Hot food still going but no hot dogs or roller bite or pizza unless ordering full pizza.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I got lucky today at the Supermarket this afternoon. I saw people with TP in their carts, and I headed back to that area, and found two clerks stocking shelves with the 18 roll Scott 1,000s.

Cases of the water I like were also in stock. And the organic bananas were there, though most were green, and not ready eat yet.

The hand sanitizer shelves were still empty. There was a security guard at the entrance, and the exit only doors were locked. The guard may have been counting people coming and going, but there was no wait line to get in.

For the "rationed" items, the store policy is now down from 3 of each item/pkg to 1 each person, or family group shopping together - No exceptions.

Home Depot --- The city has enacted a 100 person maximum in that box store. So there was a line of about 20, mostly construction workers standing outside, waiting for their turn to enter. The middle front of the store, where you usually exit was closed off to entry, with a store employee monitoring that. The regular entry was closed off all together. But, I walked over to the entrance to the Garden section, and it was open. As I approached the door that led into the main store, there was line of 6 people. I waited maybe 4-5 minutes before I was allowed to enter that part of the store.

Why Home Depot?

All the idiots here are buying anything they can get their hands on at the grocery stores

But when I was at Home Depot yesterday all seemed quiet and normal

The only thing different was ppl buying latex gloves and they were just stocking the shelves when I got there at 8am

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got lucky today at the Supermarket this afternoon. I saw people with TP in their carts, and I headed back to that area, and found two clerks stocking shelves with the 18 roll Scott 1,000s.

I discovered these bad boys a couple of years ago and have them on 5 toilets, my girlfriends 2 toilets plus I have a couple of back-ups:

fO7Ww4w.png

Regardless of shortage, this is the way to go, everyone is walking around with stank ass. Using toilet paper as a solution is hilarious if you think about. If you fell into a pile of fresh, steaming dog shit and it was all up and down your arm, you wouldn't go grab a roll of toilet paper and wipe until the tissue stayed white and then go about your day, you'd find the nearest bathroom and wash your arm. Yet we never think twice about doing this with our backsides, its hilarious how opposed everyone is to using anything but TP

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you fell into a pile of fresh, steaming dog shit and it was all up and down your arm, you wouldn't go grab a roll of toilet paper and wipe until the tissue stayed white and then go about your day
Aww hell no. Paper towels for that one!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah so i did not think that i would wake up to yim telling us all that we need to be more worried about washing our ass

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
yeah so i did not think that i would wake up to yim telling us all that we need to be more worried about washing our ass

to each ass their own...I‘m just trying to do my part by informing the toilet paper starved nation of other alternatives

InternetKing

Reaction score
News from Representative Jayapal
Dear Internetking:
I know these have been difficult times for so many across the Seventh Congressional District as we have felt the increasing direct impacts of COVID-19. My goal has been to keep you as updated as possible on federal, state, and local response efforts through these newsletters and my virtual briefings and tele-townhalls; to help answer the questions you may have; and to try and address the individual issues you are dealing with through my constituent services team.
Let's keep the conversation going. Please join me tomorrow (Wednesday, March 25th) at 5pm PT for a Video Briefing with Kirsten Wysen of Seattle and King County Public Health.
You can watch online at facebook.com/repjayapal or dial in at the number below:

I also want to share some important updates and personal thoughts below.
The Coronavirus Economic Stimulus Packages in Congress

It is my hope that Congress will soon pass a third coronavirus aid package to provide urgent relief to those who need it most. Negotiations are still underway, and I am working to ensure the package includes real and immediate support for working people and families, small businesses, and worker-centered relief for industries. Last week, I and my fellow Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) Co-Chair, Rep. Mark Pocan — on behalf of our almost 100 CPC members — put forward a unified list of progressive priorities that we wanted included in this third piece of coronavirus stimulus.

These priorities build on the first two pieces of emergency legislation that Congress has already passed, which included funding for our local and state public health departments, support for additional COVID-19 testing and some paid and sick leave for a number of Americans impacted by the pandemic. The priorities also reflect numerous conversations that I and my staff have had with many of you across the district as part of our intentional outreach to many different sectors of our community and economy. These conversations have included small and large businesses, the Port of Seattle, labor unions, hospitals, local and county elected officials, immigrant organizations, individual workers and constituents, and many social safety net, nonprofit and arts organizations, among others. We hope to have this package finished very quickly. However, because it is a $1.5 to $2 trillion package, we have a responsibility to ensure that it is completely worker-centered, that it is does not simply provide a blank check to the largest corporations and CEOs without strict conditions, and that it does not — even after the crisis is over — lead to a deepening of inequality.

Specifically, I believe this next legislative package must:​
  • Provide direct and immediate cash assistance, including targeted monthly payments of up to $2,000 for each adult and up to an additional $1,000 for families with children for up to six months, with an opportunity to extend another six months as needed, with eligibility based on income;
  • Ensure our small businesses and not-for-profits can survive this downturn and take care of their employees;
  • Utilize the Defense Production Act (DPA) to stimulate domestic manufacturing and procurement for necessary COVID-19 supplies, including personal protective equipment and ventilators;
  • Enact a federal moratorium on evictions and invest in other housing assistance, including for those experiencing homelessness;
  • Prevent COVID-19 from spreading within prisons and immigration detention centers, reduce the overall detention population including those most vulnerable to contracting COVID-19 and ensure that immigrants are included in all parts of the relief, regardless of citizenship;
  • Invest in childcare and other educational needs to ensure our kids get to stay on track and graduate; and
  • Enact a moratorium on negative credit reporting and a period of debt forgiveness or loan forbearance without any additional interest accruing.

COVID-19 Testing and Personal Protective Equipment

Washington state is quickly ramping up testing capacity each week. As of March 23, Washington has conducted almost 34,000 tests, with more than 2,000 people testing positive and very sadly, 110 fatalities. These numbers show how serious the situation is, and I know there continues to be frustration and anxiety around the fact that we still do not have widespread testing occurring. That means that the testing must be preserved for the most vulnerable, frontline health workers and first responders, among others.

Until we have widespread testing, we will not be able to gauge the full scope of the virus’s spread in our region and determine appropriate responses. This has been incredibly frustrating for all of us, and despite how quickly we are ramping up in Washington, we still do not have enough tests. We have pressed the Trump Administration repeatedly, and there remains too much confusion.

In addition to limited test kit supplies, we also need to ensure we have the capacity to process tests. The bottom line is that ramping up testing will take some time, and this only underscores the importance of public health strategies like practicing physical/social distancing and good hygiene.

I have also been doing everything possible to push the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to quickly approve our state’s requests for personal protective equipment (PPE) from the Strategic National Stockpile. Last week, when our hospitals told me they had run out of PPE, a constituent reached out to me and we arranged for him to donate 60 N95 masks to Swedish Hospital. We continue to get many inquiries about PPE shortages, including offers of support and donations. More information on donations is available on the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services website.
This, however, simply cannot be our solution. We need the federal government to take charge of mass purchasing and distribution of PPE, ventilators and other necessary equipment immediately. I am working with the Governor and our federal agencies to push for such a coordinated response immediately.

Governor Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order

Last night, Governor Inslee issued a Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order. This is extremely important to pay attention to. This order was issued because too many people have not taken the previous guidance seriously, and were continuing to go out without following the physical distancing requirements. The Governor’s order specifically orders people to stay home except for essential activities, bans all gatherings of people for social, spiritual and recreational purposes and closes nonessential workplaces.

Grocery and other essential businesses will continue to operate, such as emergency services, healthcare, critical manufacturing, food and agriculture, transportation, defense industries, critical local government operations and media. Restaurants can still continue to-go and delivery services, and enforcement measures will be shared soon.

Because I have heard so much confusion from constituents about what this exactly means, let me share critical guidance that every person must take very seriously. I know this is not easy, but we’re in this together – and it will take all of us doing the right thing to weather this crisis.

1. Stay home. Don't make exceptions for errands or visits with your best friends, unless it really is an urgent need or for your own health. Stay home for your sake and for others in your community.

2. Maintain physical distance. If you are going for a walk — which is good for mental health and exercise — only go where you can be sure to maintain at least 6-8 feet distance from others. Instead of going to our beautiful public parks when they are packed, instead consider a walk in your neighborhood (as long as you can keep the required physical distance from others).

3. Follow protocols from local and state officials. King County and the City of Seattle have closed playgrounds and sports courts, including picnic shelters, basketball and tennis courts, ball fields and other active recreation sites. Washington State Parks and campgrounds are also closed. This is because physical contact in these spaces is still a big problem, and playground equipment could very well be a site of transmission for a virus that can potentially live for days.

4. Pay attention to your food source. Please visit union grocery stores that are adhering to public health protocols and ensuring high safety standards for workers and the public through their collective bargaining agreements. Consider ordering groceries online and having them delivered, particularly if you are in a high-risk group or have an underlying medical condition.

5. Do not assume you are not carrying the virus. Even if you are asymptomatic (meaning not experiencing or showing the symptoms of COVID-19 like fever, cough and shortness of breath), you should not assume that you do not have the virus or cannot transmit it to others. Remember that even if you are younger, you can still contract the virus, and your symptoms may still be serious. New research has shown that two-thirds to three-quarters of transmissions could be asymptomatic and hospitalizations of people under 50 are significant.
I want to close by expressing my deepest gratitude to all the public health workers, teachers, first responders, garbage collectors, delivery people, government employees, and so many more who are on the front lines of this crisis. This is a moment that shows us what happens when we disinvest in basic government infrastructure, including public health and education. Perhaps most of all, it showcases the problems with a “me-first” instead of a “we-first” society, a society that fails to recognize how deeply interconnected we are and that our lopsided systems that favor the wealthy and well-connected hurt all of us.

This is a chance to be who we genuinely are as human beings, to recognize that our personal actions affect everyone and our lives are inextricably intertwined. This is a chance to see light where there is dark; to see strength emerging in this very moment of crisis. We are strong and resilient. We will weather this together with open hearts and all the sadness and joy that those open hearts allow us to feel.
Please stay in touch. You can always reach out to my office, sign up for my newsletter or follow me @repjayapal on Twitter and Instagram and at Facebook.com/RepJayapal.
Sincerely,

U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal
Washington's 7th District​

InternetKing

Reaction score

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Why Home Depot?

All the idiots here are buying anything they can get their hands on at the grocery stores

But when I was at Home Depot yesterday all seemed quiet and normal

The only thing different was ppl buying latex gloves and they were just stocking the shelves when I got there at 8am

I needed some ear plugs... don't ask why.

InternetKing

Reaction score
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Making Informed Decisions

If you've been following the news recently you've probably heard of the Coronavirus or COVID-19. And, depending on where you live, there might already be recommendations or regulations in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 where you live.

In the news, across the internet, and on :dcunew: ... many people are telling others what they should and shouldn't be doing. Instead of telling people what to do, which we find very seldom works, we wanted to share with you links that we've found useful so that you can make informed decisions for you and your loved ones.

General
Real-Time Dashboards
By the Numbers
United States
Canada
UK
Other Useful Resources
For those who are missing school or have kids that are missing school:

If we could make one suggestion, why not take this opportunity to experiment with running virtual munches, get together, etc? No matter what your thoughts of COVID-19, bringing your event into the virtual world will make your event more accessible, giving the opportunity for more people to attend.

Use this opportunity to experiment with different formats, types of events, etc. Have fun with it.
Having said all that, please be safe out there and make informed decisions. #noregrets

Top Bottom