yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the replay of the Chief/Titan game from earlier this year last night on NFLN?

What a game!

It came down to a last second field goal attempt and it was fun to watch the Chiefs defense shy from tackling Henry, man that guy is a beast.

hope the championship game is as exciting

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
This just reminds me that there are people who were born, grew up and graduated fucking college without seeing the Dallas Cowboys advance past the divisional round of the playoffs.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This just reminds me that there are people who were born, grew up and graduated fucking college without seeing the Dallas Cowboys advance past the divisional round of the playoffs.

yup, its staggering to think they haven't done shit in 24+ years

I'm watching the rerun of the 49er/packer championship game from 97. The field is shit, mud everywhere, lots of hitting and great announcers, fun to watch

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
Trash Talking from Chiefs DE Frank Clark adds spice to AFC Title game

gettyimages-1199054323-e1579395872157.jpg

Getty Images

No one currently can stop Titans running back Derrick Henry. Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark believes he can, and he’s not afraid to say so.

“He’s not hard to hit,” Clark told James Palmer of NFL Media. “He’s just a big guy. 240, 245, 250. Honestly he should be running harder at his weight and at his size. I don’t see no difficulty in tackling him. . . . He’s just easy to me up front because I don’t look at any running back like that can’t be tackled.”

If that wasn’t enough, there’s this: “He’s not one of the best guys at breaking tackles to me honestly.”

If that wasn’t enough, there’s this: “He’s just a big body and when people look at him they’re scared to tackle him or they look at him and they’re scared to play aggressive. I think I’m the aggressor. I know I am.”

Clark is definitely the aggressor when it comes to the war of words. And that surely won’t make Henry any easier to tackle on Sunday.

It’s one thing to believe these things and to say them to teammates in the locker room or on the practice field. It’s quite another to say it publicly, to give Henry (who already is playing like a man on a mission) even more of a reason to be on a mission.

Or maybe Clark is writing the check in the hopes that his teammates will be willing to honor it on Sunday, even when it gets hurt to be run over by a freight train with a rocket up his rear end. Two years ago, it was Chiefs defensive back Darrelle Revis who made the ultimate business decision, declining to get in Henry’s way on a run that iced a Tennessee upset of the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. Maybe Clark was simply daring his teammates to be willing to throw themselves in the path of the high-speed locomotive.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm hoping for outcome wise today. Best of all worlds would be for the Titans to win it all and throw the whole league on its head, but I don't see it coming to pass (although nothing this postseason has gone anywhere close to chalk). Logic would say Chiefs/49ers, but in a playoffs without logic who knows?

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 27 minutes ago

🏈
Titans are looking to become the first team to reach the Super Bowl after a 2-4 start or worse through six games.
🏈
Chiefs are looking to end the NFL’s 4th-longest active drought without a Super Bowl appearance, the last one being 50 years ago.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 28 minutes ago

🏈
Packers are seeking their sixth Super Bowl appearance and their first since 2010.
🏈
49ers can become the third team to reach the Super Bowl after winning four or fewer games the previous season, joining the 1988 Bengals and 1999 Rams.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm hoping for outcome wise today. Best of all worlds would be for the Titans to win it all and throw the whole league on its head, but I don't see it coming to pass (although nothing this postseason has gone anywhere close to chalk). Logic would say Chiefs/49ers, but in a playoffs without logic who knows?
I absolutely fucken despise Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers and could give 2 shits about the AFC
Living in the Bay Area hate the Forty Whiners as well but pulling for them to murder TheFlower and Rodgers and then pulling for Reid to get his first

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I definitely don’t want the Packers or Niners to win the SB for obvious reasons.

So as long as it’s an AFC team then I don’t care who wins it all

I would like to see AR get his first and the Titans seem to be on a Cinderella type run so I don’t mind seeing them win it all either

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
10-0 Titans. They definitely look like the team that showed up more prepared to play.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s hard to watch this NFC championship game

I hate both the Packers and the Niners. My hate for the Packers is more recent whereas my hate for the Niners is much deeper rooted

They both can’t lose

I guess I’d rather have the Niners win to see a Chiefs vs Niners Super Bowl

Top Bottom