SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Well, we won the game and clinched the division, so there's that.
And I do like the fact that Beasethedouche is sticking up for Dak.
But I watched the Seattle defense pretty closely last night, and if Dak doesn't get the ball out quicker and more accurately he is going to die.
Not a Pete Carroll fan, but that team looks very much like they are ready for the post season.
The Dallas Cowboys are hoping for no own goals.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to Jeruh we will not be resting any of our starters in next weeks meaningless game

Fans are going to poo-poo it either way.

Rest players and go through motions= fans complaining when we lose playoff game that "Garrett killed momentum"

Play players, try to improve and keep momentum and someone gets hurt= "Garrett and Jones are morons for playing guys in "meaningless" games

I'd definitely not let Zeke play if I were them. He's probably got the rushing title wrapped up and a week off to heal his body from all the punishment would do him well I think.

other than him, I think I'd play everyone with two possible other exceptions- Tyron and Martin. If either are far less than 100% and a week off would help them get closer to 100%, then it would probably make sense to rest them.

Otherwise I'd play everybody.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it Linehan or Red Dolt that tells the Dink and Dunk king to throw short in long yardage situations. Zeke has most receptions at 77. Dak is a coach killer and I wouldn't take a job in Dallas as OC or HC if they told me I had to keep Prescott.

The last part of your post is definitely something worth noting. I could see some coaches potentially taking that stance or at least protesting loudly. On the other hand, there's only 32 of these jobs and this roster overall is pretty well stocked.

But it's also one of the reasons I feel confident Garrett is gone as soon as our season ends. Right or wrong, it sounds like the Jones' firmly believe Prescott is the future and if that's the case, they have to get the right people to come in here and help him develop. Clearly Prescott is not improving and he should be.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not a Pete Carroll fan, but that team looks very much like they are ready for the post season.

I think their offense looks like what ours should be. They have a much better QB, but the other 10 guys are not as good as our other 10 guys. They run the ball far better than we do with lesser OL and RB talent. I don't know who their coordinator and OL coach are, but they have done one hell of a job.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Redskins just released starting safety DJ Swearinger. probably after his latest outburst against the defensive coaching staff.

He was probably their best DB by far and is coming off back to back seasons with 4 picks in each. Our starting secondary has 3 ints combined this year. Swearinger also has 10 passes defensed and a sack.

Not sure if he has to clear waivers or not, but the Cowboys were reportedly considering Barry Church last week and Swearinger is a far better player.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. That guy is all over the field when he plays. I'd definitely be interested.

MI Cowboy Fan

Spectator
Reaction score
Redskins just released starting safety DJ Swearinger. probably after his latest outburst against the defensive coaching staff.

He was probably their best DB by far and is coming off back to back seasons with 4 picks in each. Our starting secondary has 3 ints combined this year. Swearinger also has 10 passes defensed and a sack.

Not sure if he has to clear waivers or not, but the Cowboys were reportedly considering Barry Church last week and Swearinger is a far better player.

Yeah, I'd take Swearinger in a heart beat over Church also....

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I think their offense looks like what ours should be. They have a much better QB, but the other 10 guys are not as good as our other 10 guys. They run the ball far better than we do with lesser OL and RB talent. I don't know who their coordinator and OL coach are, but they have done one hell of a job.

Yeah had similar thoughts. From observing last night, seems like their philosophy is very much like what we want to do.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Underwhelming performance yesterday. Was expecting we'd swat aside Tampa Bay and make a statement of intent going into the playoffs. We're not going far in the playoffs with our offense and special teams malfunctioning like they are.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Fans are going to poo-poo it either way.

Rest players and go through motions= fans complaining when we lose playoff game that "Garrett killed momentum"

Play players, try to improve and keep momentum and someone gets hurt= "Garrett and Jones are morons for playing guys in "meaningless" games

I'd definitely not let Zeke play if I were them. He's probably got the rushing title wrapped up and a week off to heal his body from all the punishment would do him well I think.

other than him, I think I'd play everyone with two possible other exceptions- Tyron and Martin. If either are far less than 100% and a week off would help them get closer to 100%, then it would probably make sense to rest them.

Otherwise I'd play everybody.
I'd rest them all.

If we were going in flying high then you could make a case for momentum. But the only chance this team has is to go in at full strength, as healthy as possible with a rested defense and go all out.

I'd pick out 11 scrubs and let them play both ways. Let Eli have his going away present. It worked for the Eagles last year.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lose next week and we finish 9-7 for the 2nd year in a row. Only reason it's acceptable is the fluke year where 9-7 gets you the NFC East title. 9-7 means NO IMPROVEMENT over last year. 10-7 could be pointed to as improvement, but it rings a bit hollow.

Short of an NFC title game appearance, how does Jerry justify bringing any of these coaches back next year?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Underwhelming performance yesterday. Was expecting we'd swat aside Tampa Bay and make a statement of intent going into the playoffs. We're not going far in the playoffs with our offense and special teams malfunctioning like they are.

And let's not forget the defense, which for the most part just couldn't seem to get the 28th ranked offense off the field. That should give alarm going into a playoff game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I cant believe dumbass Zoners still start multiple threads about "Ramsey over Zeke!!!!!!!!!!!"

It isn't even remotely close, Zeke is hands down the better player. If we didn't have him this team would be 3-12 or 4-11

I'd rather have Ramsey

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Short of an NFC title game appearance, how does Jerry justify bringing any of these coaches back next year?

You know I agree with you. I think red Goober is gone with anything short of a miracle run to the conference championship game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And let's not forget the defense, which for the most part just couldn't seem to get the 28th ranked offense off the field. That should give alarm going into a playoff game.

Hey mang. Tampa is ranked 3rd in total offense (yards, 414.3) and 13th in scoring (24.3 PPG)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes folks, a dumbass Zoner really did just create a thread bashing Zeke and saying he was massively overrated.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmy, Terry and Troy discuss Prescott and some of the offensive issues.

Troy does say again "you either have it you don't" (accuracy)

[video=youtube;9KbjLNfPRR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KbjLNfPRR4[/video]

Top Bottom