bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
no surprise. Chiefs are a bland team devoid of big name stars.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
no surprise. Chiefs are a bland team devoid of big name stars.

On another note, how many times did NBC mention that Tyreek Hill punched and choked his pregnant girlfriend last night?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder how the ratings will be after Sunday's games?
I'd guess the Giants-Cowboys game might draw a good audience. Seeing a lot of people posting about boycotting the NFL over the national anthem thing and even some rival fans kicking Goodell's ass over Zeke's suspension among other things.
OTOH, the league's populariry may have just plateaued. It happens.

I don't see one single true football fan even considering to boycott one NFL game unless it was maybe the Jets vs The Browns.

But other than that the NFL won't lose any viewership that they have had in previous years.

Now with that said it might cause the occasional fan (I guess I'll watch the game because it's on at the bar I'm getting drunk at and I happen to be facing the tv anyway) to decide not to watch a game here or there.

But no actual football fan that follows their team (like we all do here on this board) would seriously consider not watching their team because of the NA protest BS

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I don't see one single true football fan even considering to boycott one NFL game unless it was maybe the Jets vs The Browns.

But other than that the NFL won't lose any viewership that they have had in previous years.

Now with that said it might cause the occasional fan (I guess I'll watch the game because it's on at the bar I'm getting drunk at and I happen to be facing the tv anyway) to decide not to watch a game here or there.

But no actual football fan that follows their team (like we all do here on this board) would seriously consider not watching their team because of the NA protest BS

Agreed. The fact remains viewership is down.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the towels...that's why barstool sports got so popular so fast. marketing level 1000. barstool went out and spent $140,000 on 70,000 towels.

he gave 60,000 towels to volunteers (with game tickets) who would then pass out their share of towels. they had the remaining 10,000 towels being handed out within a few miles of gillette on game day.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the towels...that's why barstool sports got so popular so fast. marketing level 1000. barstool went out and spent $140,000 on 70,000 towels.

he gave 60,000 towels to volunteers (with game tickets) who would then pass out their share of towels. they had the remaining 10,000 towels being handed out within a few miles of gillette on game day.
Where did all the shirts come from? There were 1000s of those too.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I hope it goes down like the Titanic because Goodell, his croanies in the league office and owners like Mara deserve it. Hope it costs them billions.
I hope that some of these teams go broke. I am only watching Cowboys games this year. Between these players bringing politics on the field and Goodell being on a power trip, I have no interest in supporting or watching any game that the Cowboys are not playing in.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think all that is utter b/s.

If it weren't for the Cowboys, I'd definitely never watch another game.

Over the past couple seasons I've watched less and less other NFL games. I didn't stay up for all of last nights game. The last few seasons I haven't even watched all the Super Bowl.

Goodell has created a shitshow on and off the field during his time as Commy. He's the worst thing that has ever happened to league, without question.

It's a fact that viewership is down and it's going to keep getting worse.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope that some of these teams go broke. I am only watching Cowboys games this year. Between these players bringing politics on the field and Goodell being on a power trip, I have no interest in supporting or watching any game that the Cowboys are not playing in.

Agree 100%

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Agreed. The fact remains viewership is down.

Yep, some talking head on the radio this AM said ratings were down from last years opener about 10%. Cant blame that on Kaepernick. Ratings being down is one thing NFL owners hate, means financial give backs to the networks. I thoroughly enjoyed that game last night, and if ratings are down after a game like that, it certainly doesnt look like a good sign IMO.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, some talking head on the radio this AM said ratings were down from last years opener about 10%. Cant blame that on Kaepernick.
Right. I blame that on the useless, nothing team from nowhere, Kansas City Chiefs. Nobody wants to watch them no matter what else, then couple that to the Boston market, which isn't all that large and the Patriots fandom which isn't anywhere near as prevalent as let's say, Dallas's is, then stupidly put the game on a Thursday night, and you have a perfect storm for low ratings.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Right. I blame that on the useless, nothing team from nowhere, Kansas City Chiefs. Nobody wants to watch them no matter what else, then couple that to the Boston market, which isn't all that large and the Patriots fandom which isn't anywhere near as prevalent as let's say, Dallas's is, then stupidly put the game on a Thursday night, and you have a perfect storm for low ratings.

But the ratings have gone down 4 years in a row now for season openers and last year ratings for the entire season were down.

Kapernick is not the sole reason but those that have taken up his "cause" are contributing, as is Goodell's complete incompetence with virtually everything he has inserted himself into. The product on the field is not as good. The officiating is horrible and the league has taken the stance under Goodell that it should be some sort of warrior for socio/political causes that they have no business being involved or taking a side in. People are rightfully getting fed up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Since we are talking about viewership...
54c36826fef3f870f240b1bf2759d096.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But the ratings have gone down 4 years in a row now for season openers and last year ratings for the entire season were down.

Kapernick is not the sole reason but those that have taken up his "cause" are contributing, as is Goodell's complete incompetence with virtually everything he has inserted himself into. The product on the field is not as good. The officiating is horrible and the league has taken the stance under Goodell that it should be some sort of warrior for socio/political causes that they have no business being involved or taking a side in. People are rightfully getting fed up.
It's eerily similar to what happened to NASCAR too. Let political operatives and causes co-opt it, and soon you can't even find it on free broadcast TV, it's only on middle-tier cable. And the ratings tank, and attendance at the events tank....

Almost like it's a leftist plan to get rid of sports they don't like, huh? They've always hated NASCAR and American Football. They like soccer and Curling. Yes, Curling is found on broadcast NBC these days.

Reaction score
Yes, Curling is found on broadcast NBC these days.

Easy way to put a stop to that is to point out that Curling is a white sport. Once that meets the gaze of the SJW Eye of Sauron it will disappear in a hurry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Easy way to put a stop to that is to point out that Curling is a white sport. Once that meets the gaze of the SJW Eye of Sauron it will disappear in a hurry.
On the surface it would seem that way, but the actual way it works isn't limited to just "inclusion" there's other much more important items above that. They don't really care if it's inclusive, they care only if the typical white (mostly southern) male doesn't like it.

Top Bottom