NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
The 1-year starter thing and 4.9 speed worries me some BUT considering who was available at 28, I think it was a solid pick. I like SPARQ #'s and athleticism (apparently his SPARQ #'s are decent) but in the end, go with what you see on film. Every Michigan game I watched this year, this guy showed up and played big. He's a LDE and a lot of the draft gurus compared him to Carlos Dunlap, which I feel is fair. He's strong, and although I don't think he's an elite blindside rusher, he's a very good pass rusher from the anchor spot (strongside end).

Some things I suspect from today's events. I heard and read that we really liked Adoree and Conley and when they went earlier than many predicted, we were a tad unprepared (just my feeling). It also looks like we wanted Takk McKinley (Atlanta definitely thought so), and although I wanted him badly, after hearing that moron talk, kind of glad we didn't get him.

I really want Quincy Wilson in the 2nd and there's probably going to be a CB run, so don't be surprised if "Trader Jerry" jumps up to get a guy, overpaying as usual to do so.

Chidobe Awuzie, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Fabian Moreu, Obi, Melifonwu, and Cordrea Tankersly are all possibilities. That's 7 DB's I could live with in the 2nd round. It would also mean we added 2 starters to the defense in the first 2 rounds, which is a hell of lot more than we accomplished in free agency.

Exactly how I feel.. on all of that.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As opposed to the overpaid fragile bum Tyrone Crawford already on the roster? Richardson can play but he has a lot of baggage and is in the last year of his rookie deal.

Crawford isn't very good, no doubt. But at least he doesn't quit on plays like Richardson.

I just wouldn't want a player like that on my team.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What I most like about Taco is his ability to dip his shoulder and still keep his forward momentum going AND bend around the edge. They also mention his spin move. How long have we watched our DEs rush up-field only to get stonewalled and then start hand-fighting? Too long.

And unlike Demarcus Lawrence, Taco has the frame to carry the weight that he has. If Demarcus Lawrence can get 8 sacks, imagine just how many a guy built to play at that weight could...

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
BTW most people on here were thoroughly unimpressed with Maliek Collins and look what he was able to do. Hell, even Benson Mayowa turned into a solid get. Then there was McClain too.

Time to start trusting the evaluation of Dlinemen.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dline definitely has some pieces to play with: Collins, Tapper, Irving, Charlton. Then you can throw in guys like Crawford, Mayowa, Thorton and Lawrence. And the draft isn't over yet.

If everyone's healthy, we should be able to deluge Olines with plenty of bodies.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So Charlton's combine results are eerily similar to both Chandler Jones and Joey Bosas'. PFF has him ranked 3rd and 5th in pass-rush productivity in the FBS.

He's been compared by Mayock to Carlos Dunlap and by PFF to Charles Johnson.

Could do worse with the 28th selection.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FWIW the Richardson trade talks are being rumored again. Cowboys, Chiefs and Falcons. Jets want a day two or three pick. Would not surprise me if Jerry offered a 2018 mid rounder but I think the other teams more likely if it happens.

Total waste of a roster spot. Their HC cant wait to get rid of him.

Like I said a week or so ago, I don't get forum dimwits obsession with this. Dude has been in the league 4 years and had one good season. Last year he was an utter waste on and off the field and in the locker room.

He isn't worth a 7th rd pick in the 2020 draft, let alone anything else. I'll lose it in this forum if we trade anything for this garbage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
As opposed to the overpaid fragile bum Tyrone Crawford already on the roster? Richardson can play but he has a lot of baggage and is in the last year of his rookie deal.

Crawford at least busts his ass and is good in the lockerroom. He isn't worth the contract he has, but right now he is a better player than Mr 1 and half sacks Sheldon Richardson.

Stop with the "Richardson can play" garbage. He's had one good season in four years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kevin King would be my pick. How much would it cost us to trade for an additional 2nd?

I think they'd have to move up a lot, but he'd almost assuredly be a walk in starter at 1 CB spot and be a good match up player for us vs all these teams with bigger WR's.

Unless we lose Prescott for a multitude of games next year, this is a playoff team again. We also have 3 or 4 comp picks coming in nxt April's draft. To me, this is the one year where trading away a future 1 or 2 for picks in THIS draft makes sense. The strength of the draft is DL and DB and that's our biggest needs.

I know they likely wont do it, but I'd have zero problem sending this next year 1 to someone for an extra 2, or next years 2 for an extra 3 this year.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Looking at our prospect visits it has to be one of the following:

Obi Melifonwu
Chidobe Awuzie
Kevin King
Cordrea Tankersley
Fabian Moreau
Teez Tabor
Quincy Wilson
Marcus Williams
Marcus Maye

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Looking at our prospect visits it has to be one of the following:

Obi Melifonwu
Chidobe Awuzie
Kevin King
Cordrea Tankersley
Fabian Moreau
Teez Tabor
Quincy Wilson
Marcus Williams
Marcus Maye

Tankersley

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DREW PEARSON

EAGLE NATION SLAYER

That was freaking epic

And the pick itself was good too. Awuzie is a really solid player.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we're shopping scandrick for a 3rd ?? anyone else see this ?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Multiple reports saying the Cowboys are actively sopping Orlando Scandrick, trying to recoup a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN

Top Bottom