theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW, this years 5th pick is already in. QB Matt Cassel. I wanna personally thank Matt for coming to the Cowboys and being what he was. A noodle armed QB who you dont ever want to see on the field. What it pointed out to all but the terminally stupid was the gap between a Belichick coached team, or even a Todd Hailey coached team, versus a Garrett coached team. Belichick and Hailey got 10 wins out of this guy somehow and the red headed genius managed one win. It is never gonna happen with Garrett, ever.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eagles jumped ahead of us and took Pumphrey. Wonder if he was going to be the pick?

Didn't look like it when I checked into the warroom cam. Got basically no reaction from Cowboy people.

Switzer a much more valuable add than Pumphrey, especially late 4th.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that safety they wanted got plucked already. Jets are also trying to unload Calvin Pace.

Calvin Pryor I think you mean.

Mega bust at safety for them (was drafted 1st when he came out). Cant cover, cant get turnovers and has concussion issues I believe.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW, this years 5th pick is already in. QB Matt Cassel. I wanna personally thank Matt for coming to the Cowboys and being what he was. A noodle armed QB who you dont ever want to see on the field. What it pointed out to all but the terminally stupid was the gap between a Belichick coached team, or even a Todd Hailey coached team, versus a Garrett coached team. Belichick and Hailey got 10 wins out of this guy somehow and the red headed genius managed one win. It is never gonna happen with Garrett, ever.

It was a dumb deal and in hindsight they shouldn't have done it.

But they did get back a 7th as part of the deal, that's why we have the two picks in that round today. It wasn't straight up Cassell for 5th as many seem to think.

As for the rest of the dribble in your post. Belichick and Haley got wins out of him eons ago, nobody has got anything out of Cassel since. And we won 13 games with a rookie 4th rd pick at QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dude cuts on a dime. I've watched a few of his clips now, I expected to see a bunch of bubble screens and stuff but there are also plenty of throws downfield to him. And for a guy who wasnt supposed to run great (I think he clocked 4.51) he seems to run away from people a lot.

8 punt return TDs.

[video=youtube;tnTrv-Jb1WM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnTrv-Jb1WM[/video]

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know we don't have a 5th rounder. But does anyone have the actual number of each of our remaining picks? The Cowboy app doesn't have the pick numbers up anymore

That way I don't have to watch the rest of the trash until we pick again

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know we don't have a 5th rounder. But does anyone have the actual number of each of our remaining picks? The Cowboy app doesn't have the pick numbers up anymore

That way I don't have to watch the rest of the trash until we pick again

6-211
7-228
7-246

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Recap of Clapper:

Right kind of guys...

Ball players...

Versatile

Talks Switzer lip tattoo

Tells NFLN dudes they are doing a hell of a job.

Out

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Was kind of bummed when Rayshon Jenkins went off in the 4th. Was looking forward to the possibility of shouting, RAAA-SHONNN JENNNKKIIINNNSSS!!! every Sunday. We still need a Safety. Who's left?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Was kind of bummed when Rayshon Jenkins went off in the 4th. Was looking forward to the possibility of shouting, RAAA-SHONNN JENNNKKIIINNNSSS!!! every Sunday. We still need a Safety. Who's left?

Noone of note. It's almost tapped out.

Top Bottom