dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus sounds like he is hearing the Cowboys are going to do something stupid and expose Darius Jackson to waivers to keep injury prone Lance Dunbar.

I truly hope they don't do this, it'd be beyond stupid. Dunbar is a nice 3rd down receiving back, but one of the reason they drafted Zeke Elliott with the 4th pick overall was because he was a sensational receiver in addition to being a great RB. Why keep Dunbar and his inflated salary for one season, knowing that he has suffered through two major knee injuries already instead of a talented young RB who you have under contract for 3 or 4 yrs at a rookie minimum deal? Its just stupid.

Jackson has about as close to a 0% chance of clearing waivers as it gets.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Broaddus sounds like he is hearing the Cowboys are going to do something stupid and expose Darius Jackson to waivers to keep injury prone Lance Dunbar.

I truly hope they don't do this, it'd be beyond stupid. Dunbar is a nice 3rd down receiving back, but one of the reason they drafted Zeke Elliott with the 4th pick overall was because he was a sensational receiver in addition to being a great RB. Why keep Dunbar and his inflated salary for one season, knowing that he has suffered through two major knee injuries already instead of a talented young RB who you have under contract for 3 or 4 yrs at a rookie minimum deal? Its just stupid.

Jackson has about as close to a 0% chance of clearing waivers as it gets.

You know that's exactly what they are going to do

Jerry saw that "spark" last year before Dunbar got hurt again so now he's got a spot on the team no matter what

And I agree, he won't clear waivers

Reaction score
Has Jackson done shit in the preseason? I've not watched any games and don't remember heading much about Jackson outside of in practice.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
David Chao, orthapedic surgeon and NFL doctor says Jaylon Smith is long shot to ever come back. Must be nice to be a GM with the job security of a supreme court justice. Way to go on the 34th pick. But but but but the Patriots were gonna take him at 60. Eh, no they werent because they arent fuckin stupid.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
David Chao, orthapedic surgeon and NFL doctor says Jaylon Smith is long shot to ever come back. Must be nice to be a GM with the job security of a supreme court justice. Way to go on the 34th pick. But but but but the Patriots were gonna take him at 60. Eh, no they werent because they arent fuckin stupid.

Where'd he say that?

The NE thing is utter horseshit for the reasons you mentioned and because they don't have a leaky sieve front office like the cowboys do and wouldn't have a reason to leak it even if they didn't run a tight ship

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Where'd he say that?

The NE thing is utter horseshit for the reasons you mentioned and because they don't have a leaky sieve front office like the cowboys do and wouldn't have a reason to leak it even if they didn't run a tight ship
twitter under David Chao MD

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
this one:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Has Jackson done shit in the preseason? I've not watched any games and don't remember heading much about Jackson outside of in practice.

He's looked pretty good. Good enough for me to want him over a proven McFadden who is often injured, he can handle everything McFadden can. But he's much younger which will be better in the long run. He could turn into a good #2

Not bad for a 6th round pick or whatever he was. He is playing well beyond his draft position

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sanchez sucks, no thanks at any price. Need to wait and see who all is available. Is still be interested in Aaron Murray if he becomes available.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Rumblings about Sean Lee missing practice today due to undisclosed knee injury.

Also report saying Charles Tapper is close to returning.

That's seems about right. Going into next year's draft LB or Rush End have to be the top priorities.

Reaction score
this one:

Who is this doctor? Has he been involved at all with Jaylon or the Cowboys this year?

In other words, does he know something new or is he just basing this prognosis on a general review of the injury etc? aka fuzzylumpkins

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
n other words, does he know something new or is he just basing this prognosis on a general review of the injury etc? aka fuzzylumpkins
sounds like a general review from afar from what I can tell.

He used to be the Chargers team doctor and is now on the radio or something

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Only thing is, IIRC most of his comments have been very positive on injured Cowboys players the last couple of years. So for him to be negative in this case might not be a good sign.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Only thing is, IIRC most of his comments have been very positive on injured Cowboys players the last couple of years. So for him to be negative in this case might not be a good sign.

I will be shocked if Smith ever suits up for the Cowboys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I will be shocked if Smith ever suits up for the Cowboys.

I wont be shocked if he gets on the field, but probably will be shocked if he is the same type of player he was at Notre Dame.

Now IF we get that, then it's a helluva addition to the defense, but its highly questionable that we will get the ND version of Smith.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cant believe you slobs arnt typing post after post feeling sorry for Zimmer after his QB blew out his knee today,.

Especially that traitor TE with the Vikings garbage in his avatar.

Top Bottom