yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We LOST... and you can go back and look when it happened and I called it. But we lost, because when we were on the Packer's 15 yard line, 1 and 10... we decided to pass. Not a short pass, but the kill shot to the end zone. Then we decided to go for an encore. Then a third time. FG.

have the best OL. THREE ALL-PROS. An ALL-PRO RB. But thatson-of-0a bitch thought it genius, to not call a run play and strive for at least a first down. A first down gets you a whole set of downs and CLOSER to the goal line.

This defies all sorts of logic.

and Zeke was never on the field on all 3 plays, I'll never understand why

You think Emmitt would have ever been on the sidelines in that situation, its astonishing

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So now, is it going to be the same follow up to the last time we blew a 13-3 1 seed in a one and done choke? Is the team going to suddenly suck dick again? Might be a good thing if it gets Garrett fired after an 0-8 start.

Not going to happen. I can see going 0-8. but Garrett will still retain his job.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
and Zeke was never on the field on all 3 plays, I'll never understand why

You think Emmitt would have ever been on the sidelines in that situation, its astonishing

I KNOW. I FUCKING KNOW. So they knew it was going to be a pass. Dooms just talked about this the other day. KEEPING YOUR BEST PLAYER OFF THE FIELD IN THE RED ZONE DURING THE PLAYOFFS. FOR ALL THREE DOWNS. WHO FUCKING DOES THIS?

Did Jimmy Johnson ever do this with Emmitt?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
@mlombardiNFL
Jason Garrett decision to spike the ball will be talked about all off season. Why waste a play vs a Packers that could not stop them???

~SIGH~

gawd this is going to be a miserable off season

our QB has a set of brass ones tho, too back he got Cowboyed

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, very fair question. One that no local media will throw at Red I'm sure.

The media should ask him why was Zeke not in the game for all three downs in the red zone at the end of the half.

They should ask him why he didn't try for the first down.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I put this entire game on coaching. It's sickening to me.

I said this before but fuck we were the better team, had two weeks to prepare, had an electric crowd backing us, was going against a one dimensional offense and a defense hacked by injuries....

We came out flat (normal for Garrett coached teams) and was down 18 fucking points before we even got in the game. Ridiculous.

Another wasted season.

JFC

we just don't have the talent. it was smoke and minors on defense all season. Cousins rolled up 500 yards on Thanksgiving, Detroit scored TDs on their first three possessions, an appalling lack of interceptions, etc. today, no Jordy .. no problem. and you just know everyone in that secondary is coming back. even Claiborne, who punked out with an injury again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's a pattern now, right? 2 years ago at Lambeau, 5 wide and throw long on 4th and 2. Instead of getting the fucking first down. Then now what we saw today. It's a fucking disease.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My only comments on the officiating and then I'm done on my ref rants till next season:

1) We cant complain too much because Scandrick and Claiborne got away with two pretty obvious ones early. Most of our penalties we clearly earned and some of them were just stupidity by our players and/or coaches.
2) Why was Brown called for PI instead of defensive holding though? I don't think the ball was catchable, that should have negated PI. It should have been a 5 yr penalty for holding or illegal contact
3) Witten was basically tackled at the GL on one play, and nothing was flagged there. I think that was a drive we settled for a FG, when we should have had 1st and goal on 1.
4) The still photo of what the GB OL is doing to David Irving on that last Rodgers heave before the FG is not amusing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
we just don't have the talent. it was smoke and minors on defense all season. Cousins rolled up 500 yards on Thanksgiving, Detroit scored TDs on their first three possessions, an appalling lack of interceptions, etc. today, no Jordy .. no problem. and you just know everyone in that secondary is coming back. even Claiborne, who punked out with an injury again.

There's some truth to this, but it still doesn't excuse all the mistakes, many caused by lack of preparation.

I doubt they keep all those DB's, especially with numerous other free agents they'll need to think about as well.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I KNOW. I FUCKING KNOW. So they knew it was going to be a pass. Dooms just talked about this the other day. KEEPING YOUR BEST PLAYER OFF THE FIELD IN THE RED ZONE DURING THE PLAYOFFS. FOR ALL THREE DOWNS. WHO FUCKING DOES THIS?

Did Jimmy Johnson ever do this with Emmitt?

Not that I recall

I was going berserk the entire game every time Zeke went off the field and when they went into that empty set.

On the 3rd down play when GB got the pass interference call by interfering with Dez, guess who the RB was?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The media should ask him why was Zeke not in the game for all three downs in the red zone at the end of the half.

This bothered me at the time. We had 1st down with 1:15 or so after that Beasley catch, and Elliott never returned to the field.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not historically, but in the Jason Garrett era, a solid collection of talent and momentum is meaningless. He has entirely insulated himself this post-season by saying that the "past or future do not matter" but just do your best in the now. Yup. Sounds about right. Zeke runs for 12 yards against Minnesota then immediately gets taken out of the game for a 5 WR. No thinking about avoiding the stupid of the past and no need to gameplan sequences of logical strategies for the future.

What an idiot.

At some point some historian is going to analyze this year in Garrett's tenure and discover the following:

The ironic thing about this year is the unconventional plays that Garrett was opposed to designing and calling are causing victories, the conventional coaching practice of running the ball to control, preserve and solidify a lead is causing victories, and the less the team is exposed to the failing elements of Garrett's Laissez-Faire play design and Neo-Luddite coaching (only wants the Coryell pass system and thinks that no other more modern schemes will work) the more chances the team has to win.

Just wanted to bump this.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Watching Steelers/Chiefs right now. Do the Steelers take Leveon Bell out of the game? No they fucking well don't.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
My only comments on the officiating and then I'm done on my ref rants till next season:

1) We cant complain too much because Scandrick and Claiborne got away with two pretty obvious ones early. Most of our penalties we clearly earned and some of them were just stupidity by our players and/or coaches.
2) Why was Brown called for PI instead of defensive holding though? I don't think the ball was catchable, that should have negated PI. It should have been a 5 yr penalty for holding or illegal contact
3) Witten was basically tackled at the GL on one play, and nothing was flagged there. I think that was a drive we settled for a FG, when we should have had 1st and goal on 1.
4) The still photo of what the GB OL is doing to David Irving on that last Rodgers heave before the FG is not amusing.

I despise Doug Free, who had another shitty game today, but that holding penalty that erased a Zeke run in the 3rd was dubious. then again, it was his fault for not just steamrolling that little db.

Top Bottom