Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And they've had 3 weeks of rest and their playing at home and all players are healthy and available

It's ok, relax, Tony Romo is no longer the Quarterback!

Mr Shit the bed is not the starter anymore.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And we have to be the healthiest team in football left playing.

No excuses this year.

We've got some guys with very significant issues, several of whom will almost assuredly require surgery after the season.

I posted the numbers a few weeks ago, we rank in the upper part of the league in terms of missed games by expected starters for the season.

I think we should win the game though. While its true GB is playing much better than when we played them in October, Prescott is also playing better now (he knows more, has had more reps and seen more coverages) and our defense is considerably better (if some of the walking wounded are healthy enough to help this week) than when we played them before.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And they've had 3 weeks of rest and their playing at home and all players are healthy and available

Some guys who have been out will be "available", it doesn't mean they are "healthy". I suspect a few of these guys would still be out if it weren't a playoff game.

Reaction score
Talk me off the ledge people
All I keep going back to is this... every time I have expected this team to falter like they had done in the past, they have come out and played great. I've actually begun to expect consistency with the team, because that's what they've been all season.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
JUST like 2007....

thus my PTSD warped perspective

they also had 11 days off vs the Giants in the second game this year plus JP was out and the giants were missing Pugh. Dallas had a lot to play for as they would have wrapped the division and HFA but they looked like crap and lost.

They have just about every edge imaginable vs GB (except at QB) and they should win, time will tell

Reaction score
No luckier than they were when we faced them earlier this year without our expected QB1 and our WR1

When the back up hangs a 105 QB rating for the season and proves to be better than the starter, then playing without Romo is no longer a liability.

Also Dez hasn't been shat since 2014. He's been a streaky, inconsistent, whiney shell of himself since signing his huge deal and changing agents.

Reaction score
Mo Claiborne confirms he will play this weekend. First game back since injury to his pelvic bone in Week 8

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Excuses, excuses.
It's not warped. You feel the ass kicking coming. Some little grain in your brain is jumping up and down screaming, "this really isn't a very good team." And it's right.

:lol, not quite amigo, I think they're a good team, not 90's dominate but capable of beating anyone. I actually think they're quite capable of winning it all but they're not so good that they can't be beat. Add in that we have a rookie QB trying to do something that has never been done and a head coach who is the least experienced remaining and I have my doubts whether they can pull off the trifecta against the likes of Rogers, Ryan & then Brady/Rothsbuttfucker.

Its a tall order for any team.

The point I made above was about why the team seems to historically come up small when they have a host of advantages we can point to in advance on paper and whether I'm just conveniently remembering the times it went bad but forgetting the times things went well. Hopefully those advantages showup this weekend and result in a W.

Reaction score
Top 5 Secondaries this Season
(Via @PFF)
1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Patriots
4. Broncos
5. Seahawks

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
thus my PTSD warped perspective

they also had 11 days off vs the Giants in the second game this year plus JP was out and the giants were missing Pugh. Dallas had a lot to play for as they would have wrapped the division and HFA but they looked like crap and lost.

They have just about every edge imaginable vs GB (except at QB) and they should win, time will tell

The defense didn't look like crap vs NYG, they played arguably their best game of the year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When the back up hangs a 105 QB rating for the season and proves to be better than the starter, then playing without Romo is no longer a liability.

Also Dez hasn't been shat since 2014. He's been a streaky, inconsistent, whiney shell of himself since signing his huge deal and changing agents.

Eh.

Dez is still a very high end WR that teams have to game plan around.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Bad" year for Dez: 50 catches, just under 800 yds (right at 16.0 per reception), 8 tds.

Missed what, 3 1/2 or 4 games? Also hardly played in the last game.

The 15.9 yds per reception were a career high, and he had the highest % of receptions for first downs in his career as well.

Top Bottom