LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Watching the game and seeing Dunbar's worthless ass in the game the last two drives, I was like yim, I was really afraid Zeke was hurt.

Garrett just said in his PC that Dunbar was in because he's been in the two minute offense a lot the last few years, has done a lot of good things, and they feel good about him being in there. :lol

If Zeke doesn't know the two minute offense by now, shame on this coaching staff. Isn't he a good enough receiver? And we know he's a much better blocker.

I was just stunned he wasn't in there. If you don't know if he's ready for that package yet, try him. What's the worst that happens, you lose the game? If nothing else you're getting him ready for the playoffs in a game you realistically can afford to lose. Because the playoffs are all that matter at this point, and we can't just let teams take Zeke out of the game because we're behind and have to throw, so oh well, no choice but to put your best player on the sideline.

Worst Cowboys' HC ever. I can stand to watch his PCs.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Watching the game and seeing Dunbar's worthless ass in the game the last two drives, I was like yim, I was really afraid Zeke was hurt.

Garrett just said in his PC that Dunbar was in because he's been in the two minute offense a lot the last few years, has done a lot of good things, and they feel good about him being in there. :lol

If Zeke doesn't know the two minute offense by now, shame on this coaching staff. Isn't he a good enough receiver? And we know he's a much better blocker.

I was just stunned he wasn't in there. If you don't know if he's ready for that package yet, try him. What's the worst that happens, you lose the game? If nothing else you're getting him ready for the playoffs in a game you realistically can afford to lose. Because the playoffs are all that matter at this point, and we can't just let teams take Zeke out of the game because we're behind and have to throw, so oh well, no choice but to put your best player on the sideline.

Watching Dunbar throw his body into a block only to get knocked backwards is a thing of beauty.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Its mind boggling. I'll be the first to admit I don't know shit about calling plays but this makes no sense if Zeke was healthy.

I keep picturing that Americas Team episode where Terrell Davis gets a migraine and he cant see but Shanahan says to him, I don't need you to run, I just need you out there so the defense thinks you might run. Granted, a run play was unlikely for the Cowboys on that last series but I thought we had been told he was an amazing blocker and can catch balls well. Even if thats been exaggerated, isn't he better than Dunbar?

Whats so complex about the two minute offense?

Something doesn't smell right.

Feels like we're about to start another one of this shitastic Decembers where everything falls apart

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
13 wins in a season and he's a top 5 all time rated passer.

He gives the team a better chance to win in games like the one tonight. And if he breaks his back again then you're back to Dak anyway. It won't happen, but fans are in denial if they don't think this is how the playoffs will go with Dak and Garrett against an above average defense.

Just remember. Garrett's playcalling has been the constant to Romo getting hurt. So to suggest he would have done better...

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its mind boggling. I'll be the first to admit I don't know shit about calling plays but this makes no sense if Zeke was healthy.

I keep picturing that Americas Team episode where Terrell Davis gets a migraine and he cant see but Shanahan says to him, I don't need you to run, I just need you out there so the defense thinks you might run. Granted, a run play was unlikely for the Cowboys on that last series but I thought we had been told he was an amazing blocker and can catch balls well. Even if thats been exaggerated, isn't he better than Dunbar?

Whats so complex about the two minute offense?

Something doesn't smell right.

Feels like we're about to start another one of this shitastic Decembers where everything falls apart

Well how do they explain the OT win against the Eagles? Wasn't that equivalent to a two-minute drill?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
hell if I know, was Zeke on the field or Dunbar during that OT drive? I cant remember

Zeke was. He was sent out of the backfield. In fact, he got knocked down by the Eagles' defender --- should have been a penalty, but it was moot when Dak threw the TD to Witten.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I noticed that Zeke came out on third down at lease 6 times tonight

Wtf is up with that

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Zeke was. He was sent out of the backfield. In fact, he got knocked down by the Eagles' defender --- should have been a penalty, but it was moot when Dak threw the TD to Witten.

Thats right, I remember that play

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I noticed that Zeke came out on third down at lease 6 times tonight

Wtf is up with that

And we are to believe that Linehan was behind that?

Right there, YOU ARE TELLING THE OPPOSING DEFENSE THAT IT'S A PASS. Take out your best and most consistant weapon on offense. A guy that is getting MVP buzz. Take him out on 3rd downs. BRILLIANT!!!

When did Jimmy Johnson EVER take Emmitt Smith out on 3rd downs, and six times in a game no less?

Last edited:

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
939ee66646922c275b18757200f529cd.jpg

I hate this asshole OBJ. Piece of shit.

Reaction score
Dez Bryant is a piece of shit.

I had this same thought. He's become a virtual non factor. Has the occasional hughlight catch, and he's got the ability to be great, but for whatever reason he is playing like a bottom half of the league receiver anymore.

Reaction score

Yeah, it made no sense. Has Dunbar ever made a big time play for us? IIRC Elliott took a screen like 80 yards not long ago. But you want Dunbar in there with the game on the line?

Reaction score
Can't wait for Omegasupreme's write up.

I'm so aggravated with an offense that can naturally succeed with Zekes ability to run, Dak ability to make forward running plays, and Witten and Beasley's ability to get open in the first ten yards but they are confused and disrupted by someone who thinks they Dak should wait to throw, that the O-line is built to hold blocks for over 5 seconds, that TWilly can catch above his chin (did you hear the announcer when Dak threw to TWiily at face level and when it bounced off both hands he said "Threw that one a little high"??!?!?), and that somehow Dunbar is a greater speed, blocking, receiving, YAC, or overall concern for the defense than Zeke.

Dallas was not struggling on offense. Zeke was gashing and Zeke was wide open on passes. Zeke had 100 yards. Beasley was being sent on distance patterns. Dak had wide open lanes where he could fall forward for a first down and instead he ran backward to buy more time for someone to get open. Linehan plays for the first down. Garrett plays for completed passes in his scheme. It's so obvious. Dak said Beasley is always open. When is that? It's when he has patterns and plays within the first ten yards. When has it been effective for him to randomly run downfield?

C'mon. Last nights Dallas TD was Linehan. 37 pass attempts when they were winning 7-3 and then losing 10-7 is Garrett. This is 2012 and 2015 mismanagement. I'm waiting to hear how the defense just could nt make that stop at the end of the game.

37 pass attempts. That has not been how Linehan has been orchestrating wins.

37 pass attempts is how Garrett has routinely lost games though.

37 pass attempts for a team getting 5 yards a carry and just needing about 4 first downs per series for a FG.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well, they weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the year. It was a bad game by Dak, Dez, and the OL. Coaching was a huge reason for the loss too. It's not the end of the season, it's only their second loss. They are still in control of their playoff future.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How does this Garrett taking over the play calling work?

Sounds like you're suggesting Garrett decides to take over randomly throughout the game telling Linehan I got this one, no, you take this one, etc, etc

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
37 pass attempts. That has not been how Linehan has been orchestrating wins.

37 pass attempts is how Garrett has routinely lost games though.

37 pass attempts for a team getting 5 yards a carry and just needing about 4 first downs per series for a FG.
My dad has pointed this out -- early in the year we got up and ran the play. But now Dak is doing all that orchestrating at the line before the snap like Tony. Makes me wonder if we're getting back to the old count-the-box, "take what the defense gives us" Garrett stuff. I mean, I get that you can't beat your head against the wall in extreme cases, but when you do that every time you're letting the defense dictate to you what you run.

Reaction score
I do like how it seems the only thing everyone on this site can agree on is that Garrett blows.

Top Bottom