bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL_NFC_Helmet_ATL-547px.jpg

game temp in the low 30s. hopefully Dak can handle the cold.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The game tonight should be good. Raidas at the Chiefs.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder of we'll see all the media slobs talk about how the Chiefs gave everyone the blueprint to beat the Raiders or that the Raiders have been figured out now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Chiefs are pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if we play them this year.

They are, although they did lose at home to Tampa a couple weeks back. (Tampa worries me for us next week)

They have some good wins though, and looking like they are going to win tonight.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Headed to Vegas with the wifey, wont be back till late Monday evening. Hope you slobs can survive without me for a few days.

I think Sunday night could be one of those benchmark type wins if we can pull it off. The Giants will play us tough and even without JPP their D is still physical and formidable. They blitzed us a lot week one, I suspect we're going to see maybe even more of it since they don't have JPP for this game. How we handle the blitz will go a long way towards whether we win or lose I think. needless to say, I think we need a far better offensive game this week than what we saw vs Minnesota. I really thought the team was tired last Thursday, so hopefully the "mini bye week" will do them a lot of good and the energy level and offensive execution will be strong.

If we're a true championship team, this is the kind of game where we go in, win and show everyone we are (really) for real by taking care of business against a good team. I'd love to see us come through with the best 60 mins of football we've seen so far this year and wrap up the division and potentially a 1st rd bye on the Giants home field.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They have a pretty good defense, that's the difference between them and the Raiders. And good special teams.

Looks like Derrick Johnson might've blown an achilles though. Another possible break?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If we're a true championship team, this is the kind of game where we go in, win and show everyone we are (really) for real by taking care of business against a good team.
True dat.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And disagree on the Giants game dbair. We're in and the division is practically a guarantee. Only thing that matters now is how the playoffs go.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We're in and the division is practically a guarantee. Only thing that matters now is how the playoffs go.
Our performance in the next few weeks could very well be a deciding factor in how well we perform in those playoffs.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is another game where Zeke should be featured in the passing game. Their defense is very aggressive and that aggressiveness could be used against them. I expect Zeke will have a huge game on the ground too. In week 1 he wasn't no where near the player he is now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is another game where Zeke should be featured in the passing game. Their defense is very aggressive and that aggressiveness could be used against them.
Been calling for this, for weeks. Zeke should get a lot more receptions than he does. They're leaving "a lot of meat on the bone" taking Zeke out of the game instead of keeping the threat he represents in there, and then throwing to him in many situations. Nobody's scared of or even respects Dumb-bar.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Headed to Vegas with my partner, wont be back till late Monday evening. Hope you slobs can survive without me for a few days.

I think Sunday night could be one of those benchmark type wins if we can pull it off. The Giants will play us tough and even without JPP their D is still physical and formidable. They blitzed us a lot week one, I suspect we're going to see maybe even more of it since they don't have JPP for this game. How we handle the blitz will go a long way towards whether we win or lose I think. needless to say, I think we need a far better offensive game this week than what we saw vs Minnesota. I really thought the team was tired last Thursday, so hopefully the "mini bye week" will do them a lot of good and the energy level and offensive execution will be strong.

If we're a true championship team, this is the kind of game where we go in, win and show everyone we are (really) for real by taking care of business against a good team. I'd love to see us come through with the best 60 mins of football we've seen so far this year and wrap up the division and potentially a 1st rd bye on the Giants home field.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sounds like Terrance Mitchell is playing well for the Chiefs.

Yep, that Terrance Mitchell.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Our performance in the next few weeks could very well be a deciding factor in how well we perform in those playoffs.
If we totally collapse from here, then yes, I'd agree. But I'm just talking about this one game. Really, if we're going to lose a game this year this one is a good candidate. They are a pretty good team, we're at their place, and Manning can get hot at times.

Just saying that if even if we lose this one we could well bounce back, win out, and no one will ever remember this loss. And really that goes for each game from here on out.

Top Bottom