LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unless there's some more creativity on offense and Garrett magically learns how to coach, I think we've seen Dak's ceiling against above average defenses. That's not a knock on Dak at all. There's only so much a rookie can do and he's exceeded even that. Romo was able to improvise and get out of situations even though he couldn't run.

I don't think they should bench Dak, but I do think they need to kick the tires on Romo and at least figure out what he has left.

They do not need much more creativity. They need to do what they been doing the previous 11 games. Basically, just let Linehan call the plays.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For everyone still on Romo's jock.....

He's been knocked out of the game in 3 of his 4 last plays with a broken bone

How many games did he win last year? What was it? 2? And how many games did he play last year? 3? And how many broken bones did he have last year? 2

Then how many games did Romo play this year? ZERO because he BROKE his fucking back...
AGAIN!

What happened when he was healthy? He lost his job to a rookie who has won more consecutive games than Romo ever has in his entire career

A rookie who has more rushing TD's than Romo does in his career

A ROOKIE who set the all time NFL record for more passing attempts without an INT to start a career by passing Brady who will go down as the best QB in history

What happens to Romo when the pocket collapses?

That's right, he breaks a bone!

What is the best thing Romo has ever done for this team? Make a speech conceding the starting job to Dak!

Dak will surpass Romo's two playoffs win this year, in his first season in the NFL, as a rookie!

Romo is the past
Dak is the future
Get used to it and move on

If we could show the staff your message about rushing TDs

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not even mad. Sadly, I expect this. My expectations will be tempered for next week. Another prime time game, which means more Garrett meddling.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You are beating a dead horse. His TD record wasn't my point, or his other records that he set during regular season. What matters is now and the future.... Several folks also noted his apparent regression. Let's see what happens next week.

Agreed
Let's see what happens in the next few games

Let's also take a look at Romo's regression in his last four games! Knocked out in three of them with three broken bones

Now that is a monumental regression

Bushmaster78FS

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Agreed
Let's see what happens in the next few games

Let's also take a look at Romo's regression in his last four games! Knocked out in three of them with three broken bones

Now that is a monumental regression

That's also a dead horse. I'm not on that bandwagon whatsoever. And sad thing is how media is twisting that shit right now that fan base is already calling for Romo. He needs to go. He needs to go or trade the jersey for a headset.

It's not like we got blown out like Seattle but I feel like we got exposed.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The defense had 3 turnovers plus Church dropped two gimme interceptions.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We lost our second game of the season and it took us all the till December to do it

Everyone is acting like Romo is captaining this ship

Relax, the sky is not falling

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We lost our second game of the season and it took us all the till December to do it

Everyone is acting like Romo is captaining this ship

Relax, the sky is not falling

I'm not worried about Dak. Or the rest of the team. Garrett, like always will be the one to fuck this team over. I hope and pray that they haven't pressured Dak into not running when he has an opening. Much of the success of this team was because of Dak being able to extend drives.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let's switch up our thoughts for a minute. What was your take on the defense. I think the dline stepped up big time. I can't believe Ben has 4 sacks on the year

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Dak. Or the rest of the team. Garrett, like always will be the one to fuck this team over. I hope and pray that they haven't pressured Dak into not running when he has an opening. Much of the success of this team was because of Dak being able to extend drives.

It seems like Garrett is trying to turn Dak into Romo which is the worst thing that could happen. We need to go back to letting Dak be Dak and if that means taking off running on a broken or even a designed play then so be it

Kind of like when RGIII came in as a Rookie and they let him play to his strengths, then the following seasons tried to turn him into pocket passer which moved away from his strengths

I hope we don't do that with Dak but I can easily see us doing that and fucking up Daks mojo

Reaction score
Let's switch up our thoughts for a minute. What was your take on the defense. I think the dline stepped up big time. I can't believe Ben has 4 sacks on the year

The ultimate bend but don't break defense. Unfortunately they're absolutely incapable of making big plays to win games. Still, impressive given that I thought they'd be bottom 5 at start of season.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Defense held their own other than the one blown play on the OBJ TD

We had 1 INT but should have had 3 if not for two dropped balls

We had 2 sacks and I'm not sure how many pressures

2 forced fumbles

So our D Held up for the most part. I'm satisfied with the way the D played. It could have been better, but it wasn't terrible

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Our coaching and lack of QB pressure is what will kill us in the playoffs

I do believe the Offense will get back on track

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It seems like Garrett is trying to turn Dak into Romo which is the worst thing that could happen. We need to go back to letting Dak be Dak and if that means taking off running on a broken or even a designed play then so be it

Kind of like when RGIII came in as a Rookie and they let him play to his strengths, then the following seasons tried to turn him into pocket passer which moved away from his strengths

I hope we don't do that with Dak but I can easily see us doing that and fucking up Daks mojo

They did a lot of gimmick plays for RGIII. If they are trying to turn Dak into another Romo, right now would be a very dumb fucking time to do it, which would make Garrett par for course. He's just averse to success. I seriously believe that he would rather lose by passing, than to win by running.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Defense held their own other than the one blown play on the OBJ TD

We had 1 INT but should have had 3 if not for two dropped balls

We had 2 sacks and I'm not sure how many pressures

2 forced fumbles

So our D Held up for the most part. I'm satisfied with the way the D played. It could have been better, but it wasn't terrible

That kind of display is enough to win most games, especially with the offensive firepower this team has. All it shows is just how toxic Garrett truly is to the success of this team.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Watching the game and seeing Dunbar's worthless ass in the game the last two drives, I was like yim, I was really afraid Zeke was hurt.

Garrett just said in his PC that Dunbar was in because he's been in the two minute offense a lot the last few years, has done a lot of good things, and they feel good about him being in there. :lol

If Zeke doesn't know the two minute offense by now, shame on this coaching staff. Isn't he a good enough receiver? And we know he's a much better blocker.

I was just stunned he wasn't in there. If you don't know if he's ready for that package yet, try him. What's the worst that happens, you lose the game? If nothing else you're getting him ready for the playoffs in a game you realistically can afford to lose. Because the playoffs are all that matter at this point, and we can't just let teams take Zeke out of the game because we're behind and have to throw, so oh well, no choice but to put your best player on the sideline.

Top Bottom