NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Eastern Illinois University.

Undrafted is a big difference from taking one with the 4th overall pick. The Risk is obviously different.

Let's face it... There's not many Romo's coming out of small schools like that very often.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Anyone watch the collegiate bowl?

Jatavis Brown from Akron really stood out at LB. Just wouldn't stop making plays. Seems a little undersized but what a backer.

Not sure what round he's projected but wouldn't mind seeing us grab him at some point. Probably late.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If McClay did his homework and knew that Fred would be a player, can you tell me why we missed on TWill, Escobar, Wilcox, Webb and the rest of the bunch?

Fred was a pet cat of Callahan's who had worked Fred out before the draft. McClay was promoted mainly because of TC's insubordination in that draft when he (and Garrett) had a hissy fit in the war room over passing up Floyd. And last years draft was not one of the best drafts this team has ever had.

Terrance Williams was a 3rd rd pick. The numbers he has put up as a 3rd rd pick and no better than a 3rd or 4th option in the passing game are quite good. I'm not sure why some of you continue to bash the guy. It wasn't like we drafted him with the expectations to be Randy Moss or Michael Irvin. Per season he's averaged 45 catches, 700 yds, about 5-6 tds and nearly 17 yds per catch since he has been here.

Escobar was wasted by the coaches, he was not a bad pick or rated poorly by the scouts IMO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Quincy Carter is unfair.

Matt Schaub is not. That's just my opinion. I see Matt Schaub or Mike Glennon when I watch him. I don't think he's even Joe Flacco. Tough sell for me with the 4th overall pick.

He didnt look anything like Matt Schaub or Mike Glennon when I watched him. Not sure how you see that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We will see. I highly doubt we draft him, but I hope we do. You go ahead and bookmark this post, because I think he will be something special in the NFL. I just hope we are the team that gets to benefit from it.

I agree, really liked what I saw in that title game and what I've seen on the YouTube stuff.

I also think he benefits from not playing in a spread style offense like so many of these other QB's who run up gaudy numbers.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Terrance Williams was a 3rd rd pick. The numbers he has put up as a 3rd rd pick and no better than a 3rd or 4th option in the passing game are quite good. I'm not sure why some of you continue to bash the guy. It wasn't like we drafted him with the expectations to be Randy Moss or Michael Irvin. Per season he's averaged 45 catches, 700 yds, about 5-6 tds and nearly 17 yds per catch since he has been here.

Escobar was wasted by the coaches, he was not a bad pick or rated poorly by the scouts IMO.

What round Williams got drafted in doesn't mean a whole lot when he's on the field and supposed to be producing... Which so far he's shown a great ability to drop important passes and an incredible ability to run his routes 3-4 yards short of the first down marker nearly every single time.

Reaction score
I'm sure all these scouts are just looking at him running with the ball and admiring his ginger-ness to miss that he can't throw a spiral.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What round Williams got drafted in doesn't mean a whole lot when he's on the field and supposed to be producing... Which so far he's shown a great ability to drop important passes and an incredible ability to run his routes 3-4 yards short of the first down marker nearly every single time.

He had some issues this yr with some drops (especially early in the season) but otherwise he has not dropped many passes.

As far as running the routes short of the FD, he isn't the only one guilty of that. Jason Witten does that probably at least half the time on 3rd downs. I don't think the players decide what distances to run routes, the coaches do that and the players do what they are told.

I still don't know how you or anyone else can claim he hasn't been productive. How many fucking balls do you expect the 3rd or 4th option in a passing game to get? Especially the last 2+ seasons, where the offense has clearly gotten more balanced between run and pass.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Quincy Carter is unfair.

Matt Schaub is not. That's just my opinion. I see Matt Schaub or Mike Glennon when I watch him. I don't think he's even Joe Flacco. Tough sell for me with the 4th overall pick.

I like Jeremiah and Brugler a lot, and they seem to disagree with you significantly on this. Sturm also loves him.

As I mentioned before I'm very anxious to see how he fares next week in the practices.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He absolutely throws spirals.

[video=youtube;WKLxQbsBwKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=664&v=WKLxQbsBwKM[/video]

As a matter of fact the very first pass in that video is a spiral.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Why? Because he's guaranteed to be successful? Put some effort into watching the prospect before speaking out of your ass bitch

I have watched him plenty, and have now watched a lot of "tape" on him. I think he is going to be the real deal.

Reaction score
I see wobbly passes im not sure if he translates well to pro passing windows.

Not sure lynch translates either as he is used to throwing to his first read.

Goff looks polished af

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wobbly passes are just a footwork thing for him. If you don't set your feet you're going to huff a wobbler. It's plenty clear that Wentz has plenty of zip on his balls.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, it's not a tools or arm strength thing for me, he passes the eyeball test. I just do not think he's a an elite prospect. I like Wentz, as a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. My fear, which appears to be coming true, is that Jason will latch onto him at the Senior Bowl practices and that this lazy Front Office will shut it down and just go with him at #4. Waste of a valuable resource to me, maybe "waste" is not accurate..I'll say not maximizing a valuable resource.

Top Bottom