Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So who do you want our pick to be at 34?

Sent from my two thumbs using Tapatalk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Really like Elliott but picking him at 4 was a reach. Jones mishandles yet another draft. It's why we lose, he likes shiny objects and has no clue how to build an overall roster. Baltimore wanted to move up, so did other teams. Gurley is a far better prospect and went 10th, and next year's RB class is loaded.

Mistake.

Gurley only went 10th last yr because of his knee injury, otherwise he'd have went much higher. And nobody is a bigger UGA homer on this board and I love Gurley, but "far better" than Elliott? That's a massive stretch.

Adding a great player is not a "mistake" either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So who do you want our pick to be at 34?

Dodd would be nice. Ogbah has a lot of upside and production behind him. A'Shawn Robinson would be interesting. I really like Jonathan Bullard and you could move him between DE and DT easily. Shilique Calhoun is available too.

With Ro McClain weighing in at probably 280 or so now, I wonder if Reggie Ragland might get some consideration. Maybe they go pulling more details on Jack's knee thing to look at him too, although the dc.com guys didn't seem to think they'd take him.

Reaction score
Really like Elliott but picking him at 4 was a reach. Jones mishandles yet another draft. It's why we lose, he likes shiny objects and has no clue how to build an overall roster. Baltimore wanted to move up, so did other teams. Gurley is a far better prospect and went 10th, and next year's RB class is loaded.

Mistake.

I agree with most of this. Gurley's injury is why he dropped, but taking EE at 4 was a stretch. Jerry obviously sucks at draft day chess, but a smarter GM would have easily ended up turning a 4th into both EE and Lynch.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dbair defends our pick. Never saw that one coming.

Again, I like Elliott but we overspent on him. Not to mention we already have $4M invested in a position that the NFL had devalued. We have Elliott-Morris-McFadden at RB and pure shit on defense.

So looking forward to the multiple 4th quarter collapses next season.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really pathetic how this franchise is so desperately trying to recreate the one decent season it's had in the last half-decade.

Meanwhile the Patriots change their formula every year if needed and never miss a beat.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Since I was really the first one in this forum after the season to start pushing Elliott for us, that kinda makes sense wouldn't you think? Why would I change my mind on him? I always wanted a QB first and thought Bosa would have been a strong consideration, but I loved Elliott for us with our team as it is.

Again, I like Elliott but we overspent on him. Not to mention we already have $4M invested in a position that the NFL had devalued. We have Elliott-Morris-McFadden at RB and pure shit on defense.

How did we overspend on him? Plenty of people had him rated in the top-5. Hell some of these draft guys said he might be the best player in the draft.

He's gonna help us score pts and eat clock, and if we get leads we should be able to own 4th quarters because of him and this OL. Not really sure I see the defense being dramatically worse than 2014 either, and we have plenty of picks still left tomorrow and Saturday to add help.

Reaction score
Totally agree, cmd. Love EE as a player and have for well over a year now. But I don't think he's a #4 overall guy. If we had to have him, I can't understand why we couldn't have at least traded to #10 or so and picked up an extra pick or two. I don't think anyone in there would have taken him.

Yup agreed. Nobody is taking RB in the top 8 or 9 these days. Way too risky to spend a 4th pick on a guy who statistically will be out of the league pretty quickly. Just speaks to Jerry's inability to maneuver in addition to finding real talent.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
How many 2nds have they pissed away? Take a chance. Why not. Actually I will be pissed about our secondary now. D-line and secondary. They will screw it up, but I don't care.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Agreed here too. I like Elliot, but I feel they could have addressed two needs on day 1 with better draft guys.

It's a shame that the braintrust did nothing to help us win games during the season, and still did nothing to maneuver around for this draft. I'm not sure what exactly they do besides the chick who is in charge of stadium art.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Since I was really the first one in this forum after the season to start pushing Elliott for us, that kinda makes sense wouldn't you think? Why would I change my mind on him?
That's funny because, up until last week or two you seemed to be bigger on Derrick Henry, even arguing he was better than Zeke - Annnnnd pretty much having Henry exclusively, in just about alllllll your mock drafts. In fact I can't recall even ONE mock you did, that had Elliot anywhere near it.

:laugh3

dbair, funny guy!

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

Exactly how I feel.

Really wanted to go defense.

Great short term pick but bad long term pick. RBs just don't last that long anymore and he has some wear and tear already.

Plus, Ravens wanted to move up to our spot to jump the Jags. We coulda slid down acquired whatever it was they were offering and still got Elliot or at least someone that could still make an impact on this team.

What I do like about the pick is that this is for Romo. Protects him in so many ways.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's funny because, up until last week or two you seemed to be bigger on Derrick Henry, even arguing he was better than Zeke - Annnnnd pretty much having Henry exclusively, in just about alllllll your mock drafts. In fact I can't recall even ONE mock you did, that had Elliot anywhere near it.

:laugh3

dbair, funny guy!

Dude, you wont find any post where I said any such thing. I liked Henry for us too, but he was not rated anywhere near where Elliott was.

I bet I have 50 posts in this forum or more since the end of the season talking about how much I loved Elliott for this team.

I wanted a QB at 4 the most, but the two best went 1-2. I thought Bosa made sense because he was a solid DE prospect.

As for my "mock" drafts, your speaking of the ones I did on firstpick.com. I always picked Wentz or Goff because they were always available.

Stop being a fucking ass clown.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Plus, Ravens wanted to move up to our spot to jump the Jags. We coulda slid down acquired whatever it was they were offering and still got Elliot or at least someone that could still make an impact on this team.

Jones said when they were on the phone with Baltimore he'd only do the deal if they admitted who they were drafting. He said they told him they were coming up for Elliott, and they turned the trade down.

Even if Baltimore had taken Ramsey, Jacksonville might have flipped the pick to someone else (maybe NYG, Chi or Fins) and we'd have been screwed. No Bosa, no Ramsey and no Elliott.

Top Bottom