Reaction score
Thing about Steve Dennis, is that he gets paid to make retarded comments.

*mods this will be positive, don’t read.

Fisher this past week said he had a tired team after the hard practices with the Cowboys. They showed it too, didn’t look good in their preseason game. I agree with Sturm, i don’t think the Cowboys care about the preseason. The hard work is being done in practice, not in the games. There are some aspects that need to be better like the general tackling, but i don’t think there is this big “wake up” call.

Then again Sean Payton was in an interview following the Dallas/StLouis skirmish saying that he scrimmages and practices with the Patriots because he knows what to expect from the Patriots and that sort of behavior is not tolerated by either team.

Reaction score
oh god what a meathead. couldn't stand his psychotic pre-game pep rallies. almost as bad as Garrett playfully shoving his players before kickoff. almost.

ah man players and coaches showing enthusiasm it gets me so mad arrrrrggggggh

Reaction score
Then again Sean Payton was in an interview following the Dallas/StLouis skirmish saying that he scrimmages and practices with the Patriots because he knows what to expect from the Patriots and that sort of behavior is not tolerated by either team.

Note: positive post

What does that have to do with anything? Don’t you find it interesting that last season the Cowboys had fights with the Raiders and this year had fights with the Rams? Just maybe the Cowboys are being a little too physical against the opposing teams and they don’t like it. The coach of course, Fisher loved the practices with the Cowboys, wants to do them again. Chris Long said the same thing.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ah man players and coaches showing enthusiasm it gets me so mad arrrrrggggggh

not surprised in the least that you endorse that juvenile, middle school horseshit. how did Landry and Jimmy ever win without chest bumping? how??

Reaction score
lmao

your heroes had plenty of braggadocio grandpa

did you actually miss the entire jimmy johnson era or are you just blocking out all the things jimmy did that conflict with your stupid opinion

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmy never embarrassed himself on the field like Red does with his blue collar "player's coach" routine. Jimmy was feared; Red the clown is not.

Reaction score
so we've established that jimmy did shit like that

and now you've moved the goalposts to "feared" and dropped Brooking from the equation

this is evidence that your opinion was stupid in the first place

options are to continue moving goalposts and dig in harder

or just admit your opinion was stupid

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
so we've established that jimmy did shit like that

not at all. Jimmy never playfully shoved his players like Elaine on Seinfeld. Christ, a handshake from him was a lot. he was a braggart off the field, not a buffoon on it.

and now you've moved the goalposts to "feared" and dropped Brooking from the equation

I'm obligated to cite him in every post? he's still a past-his-prime trash talking embarrassment in Cowboys lore.

this is evidence that your opinion was stupid in the first place

options are to continue moving goalposts and dig in harder

or just admit your opinion was stupid

why? because you disagree? tough shit. give me a real coach, not a faux populist who longs to be loved.

Reaction score
not at all. Jimmy never playfully shoved his players like Elaine on Seinfeld. Christ, a handshake from him was a lot. he was a braggart off the field, not a buffoon on it.

do you have alzheimers or are you just full of shit always

Jimmy Johnson Coaching - YouTube

what a scrub look at all that hand clapping for a tackle in practice omg what a past his prime embarassment

fuck outta here with this stupidity

jimmy would never do such a thing

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
~watches vid~
~looks for evidence of Garrett-like retarded head slaps and playful shoves~
~finds no such thing~

I win

Reaction score
The shoving thing comes from his dad. Just FYI.

Fathers influence sons in everything they do. Those playful shoves Garrett gives his players after big plays or big wins come from his father....

"My dad would describe [White] as the toughest guy [he’s] ever been around," Garrett said. "You could hit him in the face with a shovel. It’s a great image. But Charles White comes in and says, 'Hey, Jase, does your dad kind of hit you in the chest and say, "Hi, ya doing, Jason?"'

"I said 'You know, sometimes.' 'Well he does it to me and says, "Hi ya doing Charlie."' He was like, 'Should I hit him back?' That was the manifestation of his enthusiasm."

Passion, emotion and enthusiasm are some of Garrett’s tenets.

"He’s the most enthusiastic inspirational person I know," Garrett said. "There’s nobody even close, and just his spirit and the way he goes about his life, the example he set for me, for my brothers and sisters and really for everybody around him is really, really special."

Jason Garrett's passion, enthusiasm come from his father - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN

Reaction score
Wonder what we do (if anything) with the newly available roster spot from ScAndricks ir. Guessing just a camp body but at what position.

Reaction score
From Brian Broaddus:

2. It was unfortunate looking back on the play in which Scandrick was injured and the way it happened. Scandrick was just reacting to what he saw developing on the route and was attempting to help J.J. Wilcox, who lost Lucky Whitehead up the field. Scandrick dropped his cover and arrived in an awkward position as Whitehead made the reception. His knee was likely injured when he planted his right foot but suffered further damage when Whitehead fell into it.

Top Bottom