cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rest of the draft

DL: I'd really like to see us use 2 of our next 3 picks on the D line. Take your pick...Lawrence, Ealy, Nix, Tuitt, Hageman, Crichton, Murphy, Jernigan, Attachou, Sutton, Jeffcoat, Urban

LB: The Shazier love was real so maybe looking for someone to start/push Carter. Justin Durant should be worried (we save cap room if we let him go). Telvin Smith/Florida State or Yawin Smallwood/UConn Day 2, Kevin Pierre-Louis/Boston College Day 3

DB: This draft basically had 4 decent Safeties and they are all gone. Next year's Safety class is garbage. We may not fix one of our biggest weaknesses anytime soon. CB depth only if someone slips. Ed Reynolds/Stanford Day 2 or a guy who I really like: Lonnie Ballentine/Memphis (6'3"/219 lbs, 4.4 40 time, 33" arms)

OL: Really no need (who could have imagined this 3 years ago) except for interior depth in later rounds. Trai Turner/LSU Day 3

WR: Always smart to add WR's but Romo makes the most of whoever he gets. Marqise Lee would be hard to pass on at 47 but D line is too big a need. Bruce Ellington/South Carolina or Martavis Bryant/Clemson Day 2, Josh Huff/Oregon Day 3

TE: No need but that's never stopped us.

RB: With Murray's pending free agency it might be a bigger need than people think. Jeremy Hill/LSU Day 2, Jerick McKinnon/Georgia State Day 3

QB: Nope. Hope the Savage talk was smokescreen stuff.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Word is Cowboys were in the phone w shaziers Agent when the steelers called..

I'd much rather have Martin

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
dB.... Keeping the forum going in OT. The more I read about the kid the more it makes sense. We must keep Romo upright. Many eggs are in one basket. Our run game could be great.

Who in the hell is going to call a run play and what will keep Romo from yelling "kill,kill,kill"?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DB: This draft basically had 4 decent Safeties and they are all gone. Next year's Safety class is garbage. We may not fix one of our biggest weaknesses anytime soon. CB depth only if someone slips. Ed Reynolds/Stanford Day 2 or a guy who I really like: Lonnie Ballentine/Memphis (6'3"/219 lbs, 4.4 40 time, 33" arms)

49ers' are following the Seahawks' lead in terms of drafting safeties.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Great pick by the Cowboys, they now have three studs up front to protect Romo.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Anyone been to CZ?

It's fucking great.

During the DeCastro debates there were a number of posters who said you just don't take OGs so high.

All the bullshit about the running game not correlating to win.

Both of those ideas are pretty much shot. Everyone's on board with a OG because now Dallas can "pound the rock".

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why? Do you really think that a 34yead old QB coming off two back surgeries will play for much longer?

I don't know, but I would assume the docs who did the surgery and are overseeing the rehab at least have a good idea.

I have said numerous times if they had info to say otherwise (that he was a major risk or that it was unlikely he could fulfill 2-3 yrs of his new deal) then taking a QB very early made sense, otherwise it makes no sense.

I do think we'll take a QB at some point today or tomorrow though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone been to CZ?

It's fucking great.

During the DeCastro debates there were a number of posters who said you just don't take OGs so high.

All the bullshit about the running game not correlating to win.

Both of those ideas are pretty much shot. Everyone's on board with a OG because now Dallas can "pound the rock".

I think Martin offers a lot more flexibility though, and is likely to at least get tried at RT at some point. There were also numerous people (incl Mayock) that Martin was so good that he could actually play all 5 OL positions.

I think DeCastro was pretty much a G only.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Might watch Buffalo's pick in round two. That Sully Baldhead guy was saying this might be the yr where the Cowboys trade future picks in order to get an extra pick/s in this draft because of the depth and talent available.

If they want a pass rusher like Lawrence or Crighton, they are almost assuredly going to have to be higher in the 2nd to get one of them. Buffalo traded away next yrs 1st and 4th as part of their deal last night to move p for Watkins. Maybe we flip them our 1st next yr and 5th or 7th this yr to take their pick at 41.

Potentially we end up with Crighton or Lawrence and then maybe get Jernigan with our pick at 47.

Reaction score
Is someone who isn't posting on a phone like me and can start threads easily going to start a thread for each draft pick we get like we normally do to put all the scouting reports and stuff like that?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is someone who isn't posting on a phone like me and can start threads easily going to start a thread for each draft pick we get like we normally do to put all the scouting reports and stuff like that?

No

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Zach Martin.

Stephen Jones let me in on it but swore me to secrecy. Honest Injun.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
So, the "rumors" were that Dallas "had a deal in place with Cleveland". Cleveland obviously wanted to move back up for Manziel because....they did. Dallas obviously wanted to move down if you watched the war room cam. Amazing that this didn't come true.

I think the most amusing thing about the war room cam was Jerry collecting pencils. He had like 4 in his hand right before they made the pick. He just kept grabbing more.

Top Bottom