dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus mentioning Telvin Smith and Devin Street were higher rated guys on their board, but they took "Hutchens", uh, "Hitchens"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And they were high fiving, fist bumping and celebrating like they just won the division title or something.

Absolutely fucking clueless almost every yr when we get to the drafts final day.

BUT MCCLAY GOT THIS!!!!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
There's probably 70 or 80 better prospects left than this guy

Already the "core special teams" mantra is being thrown out there again...JFC

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good grief, fire Matt Eberflus now

I cant believe people propped this clown up. He loves this guy we just picked. He's a loser just like that fat slob he came here with.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
OH MY FUCKING GOD

Nolan Nawrocki: 32nd rated OLB, Not on top 150 value board, Priority free agent.

An active, undersized, run-and-hit weakside linebacker , Hitchens is at his best in a scheme where he is protected and free to run to the ball. Has shown gradual improvement and could stand to compete for a backup role.

-

Frank Coyle, Draft Insiders Digest: 37th rated OLB, Not on top 300 value board, Undrafted free agent.

No write up

-

Scouts Inc., ESPN: 33rd rated OLB, Not on top 318 value board, Undrafted free agent.

Hitchens is an instinctive run-defender with decent range and the finishing burst to deliver big hits. He's not as effective in coverage as he lacks the fluid hips to hold up in man and doesn't show great awareness in underneath zone.

-

Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout: 24th rated OLB, Not on top 100 value board, 6th-7th round projection.

Hitchens isn't an ideal speed/strength player, but he plays decisive and physical, getting the most out of his ability. He was productive in college and showed versatility vs. the run and the pass and also on special teams coverage. He is limited in some areas, but is a classic overachiever who offers terrific football intangibles. Borderline draftable who might have trouble making the 53-man roster.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Please, nobody on this forum ever argue with me again about the virtues of "staying put"

We should just trade up multiple times every yr and get the best 1 or 2 possible guys we can get

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Did anyone see that babe announcing the Savage pick on ESPN? Very nice.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Please, nobody on this forum ever argue with me again about the virtues of "staying put"

We should just trade up multiple times every yr and get the best 1 or 2 possible guys we can get

With the way this team drafts in later rounds... Definitely agree with you. The pick should've been Tom Savage here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the way this team drafts in later rounds... Definitely agree with you. The pick should've been Tom Savage here.

Agree 100%

Hell there's prob 10 guys or so picked after we wasted ours that I'd rather have than this guy

Reaction score
Sad homers are the only type that are tolerable. Thank you, McClay, for "ratifying" that we still suck as a franchise and for saving us from another day of David Spagnola's gag lovefest posts.

Top Bottom