Reaction score
B-Rod tweeting that Will Allen has been our best coverage safety.

How does that make you feel?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't believe it. Matt Johnson is our best safety of all time. I read it right here.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
B-Rod tweeting that Will Allen has been our best coverage safety.

How does that make you feel?

Probably is. Aside from Church and McCray (who's awful in coverage), Allen is the only guy who's actually lined up and tried to defend a guy in the NFL.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Danny McCrap was a disaster last season, but he did have Campo coaching him.

If we bring Campo back again in any capacity I'm quitting.

Edit: I think it was Jerome Henderson last season, and not Campo.

Last edited:

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Danny McCrap was a disaster last season, but he did have Campo coaching him.

If we bring Campo back again in any capacity I'm quitting.

Edit: I think it was Jerome Henderson last season, and not Campo.

Jon...what kinds of medicine are you taking?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol

hey, at least he edited instead of deleting. huge strides for him.

Reaction score
Cowboys practice report: Day 6

July, 27, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he was pleased with the Saturday afternoon practice.

Garrett was displeased with the morning walkthrough practice because of mental and physical mistakes. Garrett said he's got high standards for the team regarding the walkthroughs.

But things improved in an afternoon session that didn't have Cole Beasley (knee), Dez Bryant (hip) and DeMarcus Ware (rest) for practice.

Other notes:•Running back DeMarco Murray said he will not curtail his aggressive style this season despite a rule change that says ball carriers can't led with the crown of their helmet. So what does Murray do now? Well, Murray stiff-armed defensive end George Selvie in the upper chest with a run off the edge.
•Quarterback Tony Romo continues to look good on the move. Under pressure from defensive end Monte Taylor, Romo pumped faked the defender in the air and found tight end Gavin Escobar downfield. But Escobar didn't reward Romo for his hard work because he dropped the ball.
•Taylor has slowed down the last few days as the defensive end, but he did a nice job of holding his ground when tight end Dante Rosario tried a block. Rosario bounced off Taylor, who made a tackle on Phillip Tanner.
•The second-team offensive line is as follows: left tackle Darrion Weems, left guard Ray Dominguez, center Phil Costa, right guard Kevin Kowalski and right tackle Edawn Coughman.
•Even when receiver Eric Rogers doesn't make a catch he does the necessary work of making sure defensive backs don't. On a jumpball in the end zone, Brandon Underwood clearly had the ball, but Rogers knocked it out of his hands for an incompletion.
•Receiver Jared Green had the presence to get both feet in at the back of the end zone as he caught a touchdown pass from Kyle Orton.
•The Cowboys worked on bunch formations and trips during individual drills. It was solid work for both the defensive backs and receivers. It made man corners such as Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne give space to the receivers at the line of scrimmage and it also challenged them to move their feet to get to the receiver.
•The Cowboys running backs have been solid this camp. Murray made some nice cuts to avoid tacklers including one play where Kyle Wilber broke through the line of scrimmage and thought he had a tackle. Lance Dunbar was very good as well on cutting back to find a hole.
•Despite the conditions, 64 degrees with a slight wind, the fan attendance was 5,411.

Reaction score
‏@NFLCharean8h
C/G Ryan Cook wouldn't talk about it, but he was out with a lower back injury. He has missed a lot of practice time already.

Reaction score
Sarcasm?

Does Jerry charge admission to practice? I'd hate to think those guys are paying money for that.

Reaction score
Must be sarcasm.

Just occurred to me that I haven't heard Cameron Lawrence's name mentioned this camp. Probably not a good sign for him. LB position has some talent.

Reaction score
•The second-team offensive line is as follows: left tackle Darrion Weems, left guard Ray Dominguez, center Phil Costa, right guard Kevin Kowalski and right tackle Edawn Coughman

I feel like that is sarcasm too. Just a roll call. Not a report on anything they were doing. None of them were actually drafted by any team right?

Reaction score
Hmm. The only lower back injury that is hush hush is when it's on the south side of the coccyx. Maybe Orton got a little rough under center.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Did a little research on Monte Taylor and he picked off 5 passes and blocked 8 kicks as a DE at Community College.

His lone year in NCAA FBS didn't go so well. Had 4 sacks, 4 tfl and 3 forced fumbles.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
@BryanBroaddus: “@AdamJWhitman: @BryanBroaddus Who is shining for #3 WR so far? Beas, Harris, or TWill?” Job so far is Williams.

Nice!

Top Bottom