Reaction score
I think there is more depth at the OG position in this draft that at RT. If we went Fluker/Warford in rounds 1-2 I would be very happy. I am not exactly comfortable with Costa, but I have hope for the guy...so I would try to bring in Delapuente to compete with him and add interior line depth.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You got a point there, carp. There is more OG depth than there is at the OT position in this draft. It all depends on if Warmack is there at 18.

If he's there we should take him. It's not a sexy pick, especially when Jerry is the one making the final decision. As much as I want OL at 18, I think Jerry goes DL or skilled position player here. Hell, he might even draft a safety or corner here. It's how Jerry rolls on draft day.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I think there is more depth at the OG position in this draft that at RT. If we went Fluker/Warford in rounds 1-2 I would be very happy. I am not exactly comfortable with Costa, but I have hope for the guy...so I would try to bring in Delapuente to compete with him and add interior line depth.
Problem is that I don't think those OL really fit a ZBS. However neither do some of the guys they have now. I have no clue what Dallas wants in an OL. Don't think they do either.

Delapuente? Saints guy? I don't think he's the type someone brings in to compete

Reaction score
Problem is that I don't think those OL really fit a ZBS. However neither do some of the guys they have now. I have no clue what Dallas wants in an OL. Don't think they do either.

Delapuente? Saints guy? I don't think he's the type someone brings in to compete

True on Delapuente...he is an under the radar type though that is very productive, but does not get much love in the press. Looking more into it he is thought of much higher than I thought because apparently the Bears and a few other teams have him on their offseason wishlist, upping his price.

Reaction score
You got a point there, carp. There is more OG depth than there is at the OT position in this draft. It all depends on if Warmack is there at 18.

If he's there we should take him. It's not a sexy pick, especially when Jerry is the one making the final decision. As much as I want OL at 18, I think Jerry goes DL or skilled position player here. Hell, he might even draft a safety or corner here. It's how Jerry rolls on draft day.
Warmack is a sexy pick though...he is legitimately one of the best OG prospects to come out in a long time. I doubt Jerry goes skill position, although I could see him go to Kiffin and ask him what he needs on the defensive side of the ball to make his 4-3 work. That way he is all set up when Lovie Smith takes over next year.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score

If we pass on Warmack, Fluker or Warford, this team deserves to fail next year. Jerry needs to stop this nonsense with not drafting a franchise OT or OG for that matter. This isn't the 90's anymore . I know what his thinking is. One thing he isn't, he isn't Jimmy Johnson.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Warmack is a sexy pick though...he is legitimately one of the best OG prospects to come out in a long time. I doubt Jerry goes skill position, although I could see him go to Kiffin and ask him what he needs on the defensive side of the ball to make his 4-3 work. That way he is all set up when Lovie Smith takes over next year.

Yeah, he is a sexy pick to us, not Jerry. I was shocked we drafted Tyron Smith and I'll be shocked if we draft Warmack. It would be the right pick if he's available.

Now, if we go the Kiffin route, I'd draft Richardson or Williams. Unless Kiffin suggest we need a safety. Which we need as well.

Reaction score
I think Ansah goes before our pick, but he would be the one DL that I would be OK putting off addressing the OL for. I think he has a chance to be an excellent player...his instincts are outstanding for a guy who really has not played football all that long.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Ansah would be another good pick. It's hard to figure out which way we go on defense though. Nobody knows where they are playing on the defensive line next year.

Think about it, do we have our DT for the 4-3 Under/ 4-3 Over? Is Anthony Spencer going to be opposite Ware? Where's Hatcher, Crawford, Spears, Albright playing? Your guess is as good as mine.

Reaction score
I think I think Crawford and Hatcher play DE for the most part...Spears, Lissemore, Ratliff at DT, and I like Albright to still play OLB. He may not have the speed I want there, but I liked how he played last year and could be a good bridge to our next SOLB.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm more comfortable with Livings and Costa than I am with Parnell at RT.

I agree with you on Livings, but not Costa. I think Parnell is great as a swing OT in a backup role, but I wouldn;'t want him as a longtime starter.

I think DE can be addressed through FA, fairly cheaply, so I'd pour some draft resources into the OL. If Warmack is there, take him over anyone, but a road grading RT like Fluker is what the line needs.

I don't see why we simply cannot move Hatcher to DE. For some time now, I've been pushing for Fluker or even Lane Johnson. I like having two bookend OTs, and I believe in building the Oline from the perimeter first then to interior. But yes, if Warmack is there... you take him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I still think Kowalski would be the better option to Costa.

Reaction score
I still think Kowalski would be the better option to Costa.

I'd disagree with that. The only thing that would put Kowalski ahead of Costa is that he can kick over and play G, Costa is pretty much a C only. Talent wise Costa is better though and if healthy, won't be a liability.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ansah would be another good pick. It's hard to figure out which way we go on defense though. Nobody knows where they are playing on the defensive line next year.

Think about it, do we have our DT for the 4-3 Under/ 4-3 Over? Is Anthony Spencer going to be opposite Ware? Where's Hatcher, Crawford, Spears, Albright playing? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'd let Spencer walk. Move Hatcher to LDE. Have Albright backup Ware. Keep Ratliff, and draft a player like Sylvester Williams. If you actually think about it, the Cowboys are pretty deep on the DL. Moreso than what they were in the 3-4. You got Lissemore, Price., Crawford.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd disagree with that. The only thing that would put Kowalski ahead of Costa is that he can kick over and play G, Costa is pretty much a C only. Talent wise Costa is better though and if healthy, won't be a liability.

No way. Costa gets blown back way too much. Had not Kowalski got hurt last year, during the offseason, I think he would have beaten Costa out of the Center.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No. I'm not sure what you have seen to make this statement.

There is a video on this board from awhile back that showed the number of plays where Costa was constantly getting blown back. On top of that, he's as dumb as Gurode. I thought we were past that of all the other linemen except the center, moving on the snap count. I thought we were past the overhead shotgun sanps.

Reaction score
Sure. Now from the sounds of it though he increased his strength before last season and looked to improve. I never saw anything from Kowalski that ever led me to believe he was more than quality churn.

Top Bottom