bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
3XASORIG4BE2RNPMKA2RQ53SRU.jpg

By Jean-Jacques Taylor
11:00 AM on Nov 5, 2019

Here are 10 truths from the Cowboys’ win over the New York Giants...

-- DeMarcus Lawrence played one of his best games of the season. They need this dude every week. A sack. Two tackles for loss. Three hits on the quarterback. Lawrence looked like a $100-million player against New York. The Cowboys need this every week.

-- Michael Bennett showed us why the Cowboys acquired him. He was disruptive inside as a pass-rusher and against the run. He’s just what the Cowboys hoped he would be. The two offsides penalties were bad, but he finished with three tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack.

-- Blake Jarwin is the Giants’ killer. In his last three games against the Giants, he has 11 catches for 200 yards and five touchdowns. In his other 20 NFL games, he has 28 catches for 269 yards and a touchdown. His 42-yard catch-and-run in the final minute of the first half might turn out to be the season’s biggest play when it’s all said and done.

-- Xavier Woods had a huge game with an interception that led to the field goal at the end of the first half that gave Dallas a 13-12 lead, and had a big hit on Daniel Jones that forced a fumble, leading to another field goal. Maybe, he was inspired by all the Jamal Adams trade talk.

-- It seemed like Tony Pollard saw his most extensive action of the season in a close game. He started poorly by stepping out of bounds with the opening kickoff. Then on the second possession, he didn’t locate the ball on a wheel route that had a chance to be a touchdown. Then, he dropped a screen that was set up nicely, leading a to a field goal. But he stopped the mistakes and finished with 21 yards on three carries and one catch for nine yards.

-- Brett Maher made field goals of 34, 52 and 28. The 52-yard kick at the end of the first half came on the right hash mark where he has struggled. But the kick was strong and would have been good from 60 yards. He is a weapon. That said, he did miss a 54-yard kick that put the Giants in position to score.

-- Michael Gallup said he didn’t really start trusting his knee until he went through practice during the bye week. Gallup, who missed two weeks after surgery to repair a torn meniscus, scored on a sensational 15-yard catch-and-run. He caught a short pass along the right sideline, hurdled a diving defender and somersaulted into the end zone.

-- This game was always going to be about the Cowboys’ defense. It was up to them to shut down Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram and Golden Tate. Barkley had 28 yards on 14 carries, though he did take a fourth-quarter screen 65 yards to set up a field goal. Engram caught six passes for 48 yards and Tate had six catches for 42 yards.

-- A lot of y’all wondered why Sean Lee was still on the roster. You saw why. He had 12 tackles and played well, as I figured he would, with a full week of practice. Starter Leighton Vander Esch missed the game with a strained neck, but there was no drop off with Lee in the game.

-- Cornerback Jourdan Lewis is a playmaker who’s going to force himself on the field even when an injured Anthony Brown (hamstring) returns to full health. Lewis returned a fumble for a touchdown in the final minute. Against the New York Jets he intercepted a pass. The ball seems to find him and the Cowboys need as many of those players on the field as they can get.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
11. -- The black cat demolished the Giant's luck. Leading 9-3 and looking like they were going to smash their way to another touchdown, here comes the black cat. And after Felix left the building, Dallas outscored NY, 34-9.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think my favorite defensive player is Xavier Woods. He puts some big league hits on guys and has some flair to his game. The other guys mentioned...Jarwin, Pollard and Jourdan Lewis....this coaching staff has to find a way to get these 3 regular playing time.

I might be wrong about this, but it seems to me like Garrett paints players into a role and thats what they get, nothing less and nothing more. Week after week. Get creative with the hot hands and put in a game plan with them playing a larger role.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really wish I could get excited about this win but...... Weird how journeymen TEs dominate the vaGiants. Member the one team Gavin Escobar actually looked like an NFL player against? Yep these bums.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What a coincidence. We have the ten truths about Garrett thread (statistically speaking). They all lead to the same place. Under Jerry's desk.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Don't forget Jaylon Smith. 12 total tackles and half a sack, for a good portion of the game whenever the defense was on the field if Lee wasn't on the screen Jaylon was.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think my favorite defensive player is Xavier Woods. He puts some big league hits on guys and has some flair to his game. The other guys mentioned...Jarwin, Pollard and Jourdan Lewis....this coaching staff has to find a way to get these 3 regular playing time.

I might be wrong about this, but it seems to me like Garrett paints players into a role and thats what they get, nothing less and nothing more. Week after week. Get creative with the hot hands and put in a game plan with them playing a larger role.
Don't get me wrong I love old reliable but dang Jarwin looks like he has some serious potential...I'd love to see what his guy could do with more opportunities

Top Bottom