superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can't prove what I believe but I will mock you for your faith [/superpunk]

Do I have to explain to you the difference between having a belief and saying "I don't know yet/for sure"? They're not the same thing. In fact, they're the exact opposite thing.

Cythim

Reaction score
ty buddy

images

But not really...

jesus hates you

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Do I have to explain to you the difference between having a belief and saying "I don't know yet/for sure"?

Ok. One last question, then I'm out of this train wreck.

Are you 100% sure there is no God? I honestly can't say that I am 100% absolutely positive that there is. But I do have faith there is. I draw strength and comfort in this belief.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok. One last question, then I'm out of this train wreck.

Are you 100% sure there is no God? I honestly can't say that I am 100% absolutely positive that there is. But I do have faith there is. I draw strength and comfort in this belief.

I'm as sure as I can be.

For instance I'm 100% sure there is no Loch Ness Monster. But if tomorrow, I see a Loch Ness Monster I'm going to be 100% sure that there is a Loch Ness Monster. However I put the probability of that happening at almost nil, so....

I'm as sure as I can be.

Reaction score
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. It is no different today, the Klan was a Christian organization that terrorized in the name of God. That wacko family from Kansas protest funerals in the name of God. Dude in Norway that killed kids did it in the name of God. Ions said at least Christians let you live when that is not entirely true, Christians want to take away any freedoms that do not fit within their belief structure.

I can't abide by this, come on man the KKK is not a Christian organization. If you even think that you know nothing about the religion. There are people who may have professed to be Christians throughout history that have done bad things and even continue to bad things, but that has nothing to do with the religion. That is on that person. You can't judge me as a Christian and how I live my life and practice my religion based on what some wackadoo did during the crusades or over in Norway.

Christianity is about love and acceptance at it's heart. Jesus said the most important commandment other than loving God was love your neighbor as yourself. There is no wiggle room there, many Christians in the past and even currently allow for wiggle room when it comes to gays, different races, religions, etc. But I don't see it that way, I treat people as I would like to be treated.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm as sure as I can be.

For instance I'm 100% sure there is no Loch Ness Monster. But if tomorrow, I see a Loch Ness Monster I'm going to be 100% sure that there is a Loch Ness Monster. However I put the probability of that happening at almost nil, so....

I'm as sure as I can be.

lol

If Jesus comes tomorrow, you might be fucked.

Sometimes I think about people that believe what you believe(Christianity isn't for everyone, I understand that. It's kinda like college), I picture you guys crying and begging one of us for cut-sies in line when Jesus is hitting you guys with a big golden hammer. There's going to be gooy piles of atheists everywhere. I hope he passes out those plastic ponchos like Gallagher did.

Reaction score
Oh?

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

That is the old Testament, the old covenant with God. Those folks had to do burnt offerings to have their sins forgiven too. The New Testament is the New Covenant with Christ and in that a lot of junk including the above is obsolete in terms of rules for Christians. That isn't what Christianity is about, however, the issue is people use the Old Testament to justify their hatred and bigotry. When Christianity says to love your neighbor like yourself and judge not lest you be judged, turn the other cheek, etc.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol

If Jesus comes tomorrow, you might be fucked.

Sometimes I think about people that believe what you believe(Christianity isn't for everyone, I understand that. It's kinda like college), I picture you guys crying and begging one of us for cut-sies in line when Jesus is hitting you guys with a big golden hammer. There's going to be gooy piles of atheists everywhere. I hope he passes out those plastic ponchos like Gallagher did.

Lets just say I'm not too worried about it.

And in any case, I'd rather be destroyed than worship some douchebag who is so insecure that he marches around declaring if you don't believe he's God he's going to burn you forever. What is this Jesus - 6 years old? Needs to get the fuck over himself imo. The only person who is anywhere near that powerful and insecure at the same time is Jennifer Aniston.

Reaction score

Jesus answered, "The first is, 'Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; 30 you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' 31 The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Lets just say I'm not too worried about it.

And in any case, I'd rather be destroyed than worship some douchebag who is so insecure that he marches around declaring if you don't believe he's God he's going to burn you forever. What is this Jesus - 6 years old? Needs to get the fuck over himself imo. The only person who is anywhere near that powerful and insecure at the same time is Jennifer Aniston.

Me too. I'm not worried unless Jesus/God has zero sense of humor.

Reaction score
You make my point for me. You and other atheists mock Christians for believing in the "magic sky daddy" etc, yet you have to have similar faith to believe what you believe in since there is no proof.

And no, it's not really simpler. Takes as much to believe that the necessary matter was here from the beginning and then at some point ended up meshing and evolving into complex beings than it does to believe in a Creator who was here since an infinite "beginning".

You are using the “argument from ignorance” fallacy. When you invoke god, the burden of proof is on you to prove he does exist and that he did create the universe. You don’t win by default because science does not have all the answers yet.

As an Atheist i do not believe in the gods presented to me so far. One may come up at some point and i could change my mind. But as of right now i see zero proof that the Christian god is real.

I think this thread is another case of Christians that do not have the fire power to fight back and defend their faith. Not trying insult but they got run over and flattened.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I think this thread is another case of Christians that do not have the fire power to fight back and defend their faith. Not trying insult but they got run over and flattened.

I must say that I am completely shocked that an athiest would believe that an athiest "won" this debate.

What earth shattering revelations were unveiled to further their arguments? Was it when 'man in the sky' was used? Or was it when it was changed up to 'sky daddy'? That was a devastating twist, I must admit.

Reaction score
I must say that I am completely shocked that an athiest would believe that an athiest "won" this debate.

What earth shattering revelations were unveiled to further their arguments? Was it when 'man in the sky' was used? Or was it when it was changed up to 'sky daddy'? That was a devastating twist, I must admit.

Just the general lack of knowledge in regards to other religions and science.

Reaction score
You are using the “argument from ignorance” fallacy. When you invoke god, the burden of proof is on you to prove he does exist and that he did create the universe. You don’t win by default because science does not have all the answers yet.

This is golden.

Hey guys, we don't have the answers but we are still right and you are wrong.

Do you even think about what you are saying? I know you have blind faith in science even when it has no proof. You have blind faith that some time in the future it will keep testing and analyzing and eventually find an answer, and if not, then like SP, you'll just be content to believe that matter just always existed and then it just started to evolve and somehow just managed to develop into a myriad of complex organisms.

Takes as much faith to believe that as it would to believe in a God that atheists like to ridicule.

As an Atheist i do not believe in the gods presented to me so far. One may come up at some point and i could change my mind. But as of right now i see zero proof that the Christian god is real.

First, your lack of belief doesn't equate there's no God.
Second, like I said above, atheists are basing their beliefs on a certain amount of faith due to not having concrete answers to what they believe in. Sorry, but I see no proof of the matter just always was and then just evolved into what we see today. Find some and then you can act like someone got flattened.

Top Bottom