Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We aren't a running team so the idea that our RT needs to be a road-grader is bosh. And Garrett wants to get rid of the behemonth Olinemen anyways.

sbk92

Reaction score
How many sacks/pressures did he allow last year again? Oh yea.. don't let facts get in the way of your arguments though.

"Back up ability". lol Troll on..

Don't ignore what I correctly stated. Your dumbass can't read between the lines. Because you're a moron without the intelligence level to do it.

The Cowboys told you when they made that pick that Doug Free isn't good enough. No team in this league would take an offensive tackle at 9 to play RT for his pro career.

So they agree with me. He's not good enough to be your franchise LT.

sbk92

Reaction score
Garrett will tailor his offense around his personnel.

When you have no talent along the line, you don't run the ball much. And when you do, you run draws and delays to scheme push for your shat line.

Give him a real line and I see no reason why he wouldn't run the ball a ton. That's what he knew. That's what he's seen win championships.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

When you have no talent along the line, you don't run the ball much. And when you do, you run draws and delays to scheme push for your shat line.

Give me a real line and I see no reason why he wouldn't run the ball a ton. That's what he knew. That's what he's seen win championships.

You also don't put a slow, plodding line on their heels so much either. Yet that's exactly what Garrett did. We're never going to be a team that hangs it's O on the run so long as Garrett is calling the shots. His philosophy on O calls for 5 athletic guys on the line.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, Free did such a great job that his own team burned a top 10 pick in the draft on his replacement.

Stellar job there, kid.

Maybe they saw Smith as a franchise LT who will be a potential multi yr probowler at LT or RT

They already stated what they thought of Free, and said resigning him longterm is a priority.

Maybe they do see Smith as a better fit longterm at the position, but it doesnt mean they think Free is garbage. Only a pinhead like yourself thinks something like that. They've had issues on the OL for years, and saw an opportunity to vastly upgrade the overall unit. They didnt draft Smith because Free wasnt any good buttwipe.

Last edited:

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The thought that the Cowboys are just gonna get rid of Free after spending these years developing him and how he performed as a starter is too ridiculous to even argue.

I mean, quality OTs just grow on trees am I right guysz??

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Give him a real line and I see no reason why he wouldn't run the ball a ton. That's what he knew. That's what he's seen win championships.

I'm sure hw would like to run the ball more. he ran the ball more after he took over as HC, in part to try to cover for a lesser player playing QB and a terrible defense that couldnt stop anybody.

When he gets to camp this year and sees Romo 100% along with guys like Austin, Bryant and Witten, with backs who can catch the ball and make big plays like Jones and Murray, he will throw the ball enough to take advantage of that.

sbk92

Reaction score
I don't think they'll let him walk. They'll resign him to a contract he's not worth and then you idiots can piss and moan in 3 or 4 years about your cap shape.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't think they'll let him walk. They'll resign to a contract he's not worth and then you idiots can piss and moan in 3 or 4 years about your cap shape.

Yep, I forget how inexpensive it is to have a quality OT too.

Reaction score
Don't ignore what I correctly stated. Your dumbass can't read between the lines. Because you're a moron without the intelligence level to do it.

The Cowboys told you when they made that pick that Doug Free isn't good enough. No team in this league would take an offensive tackle at 9 to play RT for his pro career.

So they agree with me. He's not good enough to be your franchise LT.

Your statement was that Doug Free has "backup ability" at best. Yet you call others morons.

..and you wonder why everyone laughs at you? lol

sbk92

Reaction score
Your statement was that Doug Free has "backup ability" at best. Yet you call others morons.

..and you wonder why everyone laughs at you? lol

Doug Free is a swing tackle, spot starter. Which makes him a backup. His problem is he's a victim of his own skill set. He's a natural at a position where all teams should strive for elite. Unfortunately, he's not elite.

Now I'd be all about shifting the inferior talent somewhere else but he doesn't fit anywhere. He's a weak RT and he can't play either G spot either.

Reaction score
Doug Free is a swing tackle, spot starter. Which makes him a backup. His problem is he's a victim of his own skill set. He's a natural at a position where all teams should strive for elite. Unfortunately, he's not elite.

Now I'd be all about shifting the inferior talent somewhere else but he doesn't fit anywhere. He's a weak RT and he can't play either G spot either.

How many sacks/ pressures did Free allow last year? I'd say if he wasn't an elite LT last year, he was right up there at least.

Bottom line is, we now have two top quality OT's on our roster, and both can play either position well. Only you would consider this a bad thing.

sbk92

Reaction score
I think Free gave up 4 sacks last year with a lot of help. And I think he was one of the leaders of the line in getting flagged.

I don't think having two quality tackles is a bad thing. We just need to find one more to have two.

If Free was the same quality but a natural at G, I'd have no problem with him. That's probably Arkin's ceiling. A solid decent player who can start for you. But Free isn't a G, he's too weak to play RT and simply not good enough to be your franchise LT.

Not to mention he's gonna want LT money in free agency. Lunacy.

Reaction score
Don't waste your time. The Cowboys drafted Smith, and they'll re-sign Free long term.

That'll tell you all they need to know about what they think about these tackles.

It's a passing league. You need quality bookends to build your line around. We have that now.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't think they'll let him walk. They'll resign him to a contract he's not worth and then you idiots can piss and moan in 3 or 4 years about your cap shape.

Thats what I don't want to see happen.

I gotta agree with SBK here... but then again, I've never been high on Free. I think he's a great backup, obviously, but I don't want to rely on him at LT and I never thought we got a great push at RT when he replaced Colombo a couple yrs back. I think this past season he was a good point on a very very bad OLine so its easy to say Free is better than he truly is. If you put him on a good line then I think he clearly becomes the weakest link. For example, if you put him on the Giants line.. I don't even think he starts.

I realize that goes against what everyone here thinks... but fans of teams tend to overvalue their players.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's serviceable. I think we can still win this thing with him at RT... I just don't want us to sign him to some deal that he's not even close to being worth just because he's home-grown.

I'd much rather let another team do it and we sign a guy through FA on a small deal then draft our future at RT.

Top Bottom