Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yep, he's been really good for us. Would be a shame to see him go.

Supposedly he really loves it in Dallas and always speaks glowingly of working for the Jones', and we know he's paid extremely well. Hopefully Jerruh can fork over some more $$$$ ad maybe even a little more control if it comes to that so he remains here.

That’s what happened the last time. McClay had an offer or offers and Jerry threw more money at him for him to stay. The same thing he did with DQ last season. Hopefully he can do it again.

Will has done well for us with the talent he has acquired.

Now the problem is Jerry is going to have to find a way to pay them all to be able to keep them.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dak played like gangbusters against TB last year with a 143 QB rating and then laid an egg against SF throwing for 206 yards and 63 QB rating the following week. Would anyone be surprised if we saw the same thing? I'd bet our posts from last years playoff games were very similar to what we're posting now. But someone here thinks Dak has busted out and the critics are "hollow." I get an eerily feeling like I've been here before.......

MM has done a real good job and for the first time it doesn't feel like the wheels will fall off if we're missing a player(s). That's something we saw a ton of in the past with scrubs like Garrett. MM is not without his criticisms but he's done a darn good job. He'll be another casualty of our QB if he lays an egg (again). And if that happens, we'll wash, rinse and repeat the season all over again next year.

Barring an utter and complete collapse vs the Niners again MM will be here next year to go 12-5 again.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Probably his last games here I would think. He's gonna get a pretty good deal to play elsewhere next year. Really underrated and also a quality special teamer.

If Quinn leaves, won't surprise me if he follows him.

Parsons already said he would follow DQ to another team

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Now the problem is Jerry is going to have to find a way to pay them all to be able to keep them.
There is no cap on coaches or front office staff. Jerry has fucking billions, he can afford to pay whatever he wants.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Somebody asked the question a few weeks ago about seeing the results on holding for other elite pass rushers. This guy did awesome research and what he found proved what many of us suspected, that Parsons is the only one getting the fucking shaft. Not one of these players is even remotely close to the streak that Parsons has.

Go into the post itself and you will see the individual research.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no cap on coaches or front office staff. Jerry has fucking billions, he can afford to pay whatever he wants.

When I was talking about Jerry paying everyone I was referring to all the top tier players Will McClay has acquired for him

IE: Lamb, Parsons, Bland and so on

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Parsons is already thinking about his mega extension here, so that's almost certainly not happening.

He’s been thinking about that since day one.

If DQ leaves this offseason that might make things a little interesting with the Parsons situation.

In an interview he said that he credits DQ for big part of his success and that he would follow him to another team if he had to to be able to keep playing for him.

He also said he plans to be one and done once he gets his giant first contract. He doesn’t plan to stick around for a second contract. He wants to make as much money as he can with his first huge contract extension then leave the game early like Barry Sanders. He wants to leave on top and not stick around and get his body tore up and broken like he sees all these old timers hobbling around in retirement. He said that he has bigger plans than just the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He’s been thinking about that since day one.

If DQ leaves this offseason that might make things a little interesting with the Parsons situation.

In an interview he said that he credits DQ for big part of his success and that he would follow him to another team if he had to to be able to keep playing for him.

He also said he plans to be one and done once he gets his giant first contract. He doesn’t plan to stick around for a second contract. He wants to make as much money as he can with his first huge contract extension then leave the game early like Barry Sanders. He wants to leave on top and not stick around and get his body tore up and broken like he sees all these old timers hobbling around in retirement. He said that he has bigger plans than just the NFL.
Just because he might want to play with Quinn doesnt mean he can. Wherever Quinn goes (if he leaves) they might not have the cap space for him. Or they might have some quality talent at that position in place.

The other issue is Dallas is extremely unlikely to just let him walk. We control him for 5 yrs on his rookie deal and then can franchise him twice. I doubt it ever comes to his 5th/6th/7th years as he'll get a new long term deal way before that.

Top Bottom